What's new

B'N'M height restrictions

Martyn B

CF Legend
It would all be done to H&S really. There's probably no need for some of them to be 1.4, but its better to be safe than sorry. Just like Rita doesn't really need OTSR's.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Quite simply so you don't fall out. Also, people over 1.4 are usually over 8 years old, which in a way, implies an age restriction too as the body is developed enough to handle these types of forces.

Rush

Giga Poster
What Erol said, but not all B&Ms have the 1.4m (54") height restriction, I think the Megas have a 1.3m (52") restriction. It may also be due to the restraints which are designed to accomodate guests of that height.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It's 1.37M on B&M's in the states. 56 inches I think (or is it 54?) Anyway, it's just a rounding thing I think.

B&M will have a set "margin" for their limits. The local country H&S will say where abouts they deem it safe for the height limit to be. In the UK (and most of Europe) it's 1.4M. In the US, 1.37M.

I'll bet that in reality, B&M have it tested safe for even smaller sized people, it's just that you then have to add in a safety margin.