What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach March 2016 Trip Reports

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Big thanks to everybody who turned up today from the stalwarts to the not-so-regulars and, most of all, cheers Howie, Davidoc and Neo for making Blackpool your first CF-Live!

Despite it being rather busy, we managed to do nearly all the coasters plus Valhalla!

I look forward to reading what bits you thought we're fab and your top memory of the day was.
Cd7ryf0WEAAEikS

Cd7rykjWoAABtoi

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Fab day. It always is! Great company, great rides...I might write something more substantial later...We'll see! Thanks Ian for organising stuff.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I liked the bit where I decided Lord Morton was the new Bazpa.

I also liked lots of other bits, but not the food faff.

Was great to meet new members and great to meet old faces I've not seen in ages (though the meeting was a kind of wave and grunt like you'd get on a Monday morning at work :lol: ).

Very bizarre meeting somebody who it turns out lives in the same street as me :D Fab though and we gooned the miles home together in proper CF fashion :)

And I still bloody love Avalanche - best ride at the park!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
By the way.

Has anyone seen Ploddish's bag?

Nic, have you seen Ploddish's bag?
nic.JPG

Maxi-Minor_Furie, have you seen Ploddish's bag?
mmf.JPG

Stone Cold, have you seen Ploddish's bag?
rich.JPG

The Jordans, have you seen Ploddish's bag?
jordans.JPG

We're sorry Ploddish, we cannot see your bag. Can you see your own bag Ploddish?
ploddish.JPG

Howie

Donkey in a hat
After a 3 hour drive home with the heating on full, my socks are still wet.

That's all I have to say about that.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Glad you guys had fun, gutted I couldn't get myself up all that way up t'north for it! I'm aiming for the southern ones now!

And no Amanda?? :(

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

tanya

Mega Poster
I am broken and old!
Good seeing lots of people I've not seen in years with a "hi" as if I saw them yesterday!
I have finally warmed up after almost two whole days of being freezing cold! Not to mention the worlds cheapest b&b.

You never know I might come to another live within the next 5 years!

Dave

CF Legend
Lovely to see all the new and old CF faces what a fantastic weekend!

Will post more later when less knackered!

Remember there are 4 members of Abba not 3!!

I think I need a Amanda Thompson quote on my workdesk.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
First thanks of course go to Ian for organising the day. And thanks to everyone for another ridiculous meet up. I never have a laugh anywhere like I do with CF and this weekend has been one of the funniest for ages. Huge hello to everyone new that I met, especially Neo who's amazing and found us though youtube - please stick around :)

I'm going to post a proper report later and I promise to do it this time - this weekend deserves it. :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Lord Morton, those 360 things are rather cool. If I had know, I would have asked you to take the group photo using it.
image.jpg

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I rode two rides at Blackpool - Biggun and Orange. But most of all I enjoyed the before and after images of everybody on Valhalla. For those who might have a CF-Comedown and need a pick me up, I suggest playing this tune, closing your eyes and imagine Big John...
http://youtu.be/b89Ro2_HtNk

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
That was an amazing weekend I had, thank you everyone again for the warm welcome, especially Sue! <3
I will definitely stick around and hope to be at more meets!
Good thing I happen to live in the same street as Furie! That was quite a weird coincidence! :--D

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
NeoXIII said:
Good thing I happen to live in the same street as Furie!

Words that have never before been seen in the same sentence :lol:

Was great to meet you and I'm sure I'll see you around... Pretty sure I've almost run you over a few times, so it's good to put a name to the terrified face... Though not Leo :oops:

davidm

Strata Poster
Ian said:
Lord Morton, those 360 things are rather cool.
Managed the lunch-faff pic with I think only Neal and Rachel spotting what I was up to :)

Really just playing with it at the moment tho', not sure the picture quality is very good. Need to stick it to the front of a roller coaster and see how the video holds up...

Howie

Donkey in a hat
My socks have finally dried out, so I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone for making my first Live a rather groovy affair.
I think the total turnout was about 30 goons, so I didn't get round to meeting everyone properly - apologies if you weren't one of the 'lucky' ones <cough> - but you all seemed like a decent enough bunch. Might even come to another one!

How was Alton Towers on the Sunday? Get much done? Galactica open? Or wot?

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
furie said:
Was great to meet you and I'm sure I'll see you around... Pretty sure I've almost run you over a few times, so it's good to put a name to the terrified face... Though not Leo :oops:

Naw, don't worry about it, a lot of people get it wrong first, I blame my German accent! :)