What's new

Big One Re-Tracking @Pleasure Beach

spicy

Giga Poster
Here’s some images of Big One track used in the Valhalla construction.

0829f022317cb0c960bfc6ce2bf5dc16.jpg

0d4071544aba261fca6a5836b17b0ca8.jpg

Dar

Hyper Poster
They haven't re-profiled it, it's always sat on them that way, they've had to bodge a load supports around the ride like that for one reason or another

Matt N

CF Legend
Didn't the supports actually move due to the ride sitting on sand or something along those lines, therefore leading to the park having to resort to things like clamps for the supports?

shawnoc

Mega Poster
I’m sure when they built it they went down to bedrock, I seem to remember that the foundations are incredibly deep for a coaster.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
They haven't re-profiled it, it's always sat on them that way, they've had to bodge a load supports around the ride like that for one reason or another
Really??? How odd, in hundreds of visits I’ve never noticed this section sat like that... I’ve obviously seen the drop and turnaround sections where the track doesn’t match the supports due to previous retracking work, but I honestly never realised this part had been reprofiled before.

i suppose I’ve never noticed due to that section being relatively low and it’s location in the park :/

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
Wasn't at opening weekend myself due to the bad weather predictions, but was quite impressed to hear they managed to open The Big One for the majority of Saturday despite the stormy weather. It was only running on one train from what I heard probably with the fast wheels.

Reports suggest it was running pretty well including the retrack part.

Interesting to hear the station has also had a bit of a makeover with improved queue barriers at the airgates, relocation of the wristband checking to allow speedy passes merge with the main queue rather than allowing in via the exit which was really a bad system in the past. Also a dedicated front row queue line.

Overall it's good to see the big one has had quite a few things done over the last 6 months along with its new soundtrack. ?

Dar

Hyper Poster
Definitely... Also the place where it stalls most often, wonder if any improvement would lead to less stalls here?

Doubt there's any "improvement" going on, I assume they're copying the original plans like last season!

Now would be the ideal time to replace the old fashioned arrow mid-course with something more adjustable than 'on', 'off', or 'middle-ish' though :p

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The new track is arriving:-

The coaster should be open for park opening. The section getting re-tracked is the tunnel section before the final brake run (which in my opinion, was the roughest part of the ride so I'm happy about this). There will be 8 new pieces this year, compared to 4 last year. New track is being made by the same firm who made the new track for last year, Taziker.

Also Scott from PBE mentioned that people may be surprised when they ride it due to some slight differences, which has intrigued me.

Last edited: