What's new

Biblical Coaster Names

SaveTheBlueStreak

Roller Poster
Their are tons of coasters named after demons so why aren't their any named after other biblical figures like a dueling coaster called "Cain & Able" anybody got anymore?

SaveTheBlueStreak

Roller Poster
I don't mean to start a religious debate on what's acceptable as biblical, but I just took your question as "what is the opposite of demons?", and to me I thought gods and goddesses and angels, etc.

And although not strictly biblical and most of these are Greek mythology, a few of these names are mentioned at times in the Bible:

Pantheon - Busch Gardens T
Titan - Six Flags
Zeus - Mt. Olympus
Apollo's Chariot - Busch Gardens W
Medusa - Six Flags
Pégase Express - Parc Astérix
Tonnerre de Zeus - Parc Astérix
Poseidon - Europa Park
Hercules - Dorney Park (Closed)
Hades 360 - Mt. Olympus

Zeus is allegedly mentioned in the New Testament twice: first in Acts 14:8–13, and the second occurrence is in Acts 28:11.

So, you could say Wonder Woman at Six Flags is biblical too. In 2011, DC comics changed her background with the retcon that she is the biological daughter of Zeus.

Being really picky you could also say Orion at King's Island. Although the coaster has a sci-fi theme; in Greek mythology, Orion was a giant huntsman who Zeus placed among the stars as the constellation of Orion.

So in conclusion, turns out Orion is a religious biblical coaster. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
Wow. Didn't expect such a well thought out and fascinating response.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Their are tons of coasters named after demons so why aren't their any named after other biblical figures like a dueling coaster called "Cain & Able" anybody got anymore?

Probably because people are very particular about their religious references. It's also very easy to get something someone may think is innocent but in reality is actually rather offensive.
What if they made a coaster named Moses. It'll play "LET MY PEOPLE GO" then launch the train through 2 reverse watter falls 😆

You know, something like this^

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
As above, it’s probably not common because it’s prone to cause offence.

With the intention of alluding to exactly that, I wrote a very silly post in response to this topic describing the sights of a hypothetical biblical theme park, but even having had good intentions I ultimately decided that it could be taken offensively rather than in light jest… so I canned it 🤷‍♂️

That said, my favourite creation in my hypothetical theme park was the ‘(Not on) Noah’s Ark!’ shoot-the-chutes. Heavily themed, you approach the ark on the final lift hill and almost get on it but then a ‘wahhh, wahhh, wahhhhhh’ plays as the ark door closes up, with Noah laughing maniacally as you go down the final drop.

James F

Hyper Poster
Like others have said, religion is a hot topic which can cause offence, Passion of the Christ and The Last Temptation of Christ are still controversial films to this day.

However, if we are going to talk about this, I have a little story that I hope won't be taken in a negative way.

When I was in Sunday School I drew the church as a drop tower ride. Basically guests would sit in either side of the church benches, then the lapbars would come down and the ride would rise slowly into the air. Once you got to the church roof there would be a scene where you would hear god, he told you that one side was the saints, who would rise to heaven and the other side was the sinners who would decent to hell.

The ride was was randomised so you wouldn't know which side you drop or rise.

At this point the women who ran the sunday school were getting sick of me drawing roller coasters while other kids would draw Jesus. The fact that I drew anything religious was a plus to them, so that week I did get a fist full of celebration chocolates as a prize for winning the little drawing competition.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bpolson75

Roller Poster
As above, it’s probably not common because it’s prone to cause offence.

With the intention of alluding to exactly that, I wrote a very silly post in response to this topic describing the sights of a hypothetical biblical theme park, but even having had good intentions I ultimately decided that it could be taken offensively rather than in light jest… so I canned it 🤷‍♂️

That said, my favourite creation in my hypothetical theme park was the ‘(Not on) Noah’s Ark!’ shoot-the-chutes. Heavily themed, you approach the ark on the final lift hill and almost get on it but then a ‘wahhh, wahhh, wahhhhhh’ plays as the ark door closes up, with Noah laughing maniacally as you go down the final drop.
That’s a good one… I’d like to see your full hypothetical park description!

Bpolson75

Roller Poster
Like others have said, religion is a hot topic which can cause offence, Passion of the Christ and The Last Temptation of Christ are still controversial films to this day.

However, if we are going to talk about this, I have a little story that I hope won't be taken in a negative way.

When I was in Sunday School I drew the church as a drop tower ride. Basically guests would sit in either side of the church benches, then the lapbars would come down and the ride would rise slowly into the air. Once you got to the church roof there would be a scene where you would hear god, he told you that one side was the saints, who would rise to heaven and the other side was the sinners who would decent to hell.

The ride was was randomised so you wouldn't know which side you drop or rise.

At this point the women who ran the sunday school were getting sick of me drawing roller coasters while other kids would draw Jesus. The fact that I drew anything religious was a plus to them, so that week I did get a fist full of celebration chocolates as a prize for winning the little drawing competition.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk
I‘m a pastor and since I was a kid- and still to this day when I’m sitting in a new church or chapel i often think about what coaster or dark ride I could fit in the auditorium!

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
I don't mean to start a religious debate on what's acceptable as biblical, but I just took your question as "what is the opposite of demons?", and to me I thought gods and goddesses and angels, etc.

And although not strictly biblical and most of these are Greek mythology, a few of these names are mentioned at times in the Bible:

Pantheon - Busch Gardens T
Titan - Six Flags
Zeus - Mt. Olympus
Apollo's Chariot - Busch Gardens W
Medusa - Six Flags
Pégase Express - Parc Astérix
Tonnerre de Zeus - Parc Astérix
Poseidon - Europa Park
Hercules - Dorney Park (Closed)
Hades 360 - Mt. Olympus

Zeus is allegedly mentioned in the New Testament twice: first in Acts 14:8–13, and the second occurrence is in Acts 28:11.

So, you could say Wonder Woman at Six Flags is biblical too. In 2011, DC comics changed her background with the retcon that she is the biological daughter of Zeus.

Being really picky you could also say Orion at King's Island. Although the coaster has a sci-fi theme; in Greek mythology, Orion was a giant huntsman who Zeus placed among the stars as the constellation of Orion.

So in conclusion, turns out Orion is a religious biblical coaster. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
also there's Hydra at Dorney, which ironically replaced Hercules.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
also there's Hydra at Dorney, which ironically replaced Hercules.
It's almost like they purposely named it Hydra: The Revenge. :p

Also, this single thread of an argument that points to one mention of Zeus in the Bible is pretty shoddy - bear in mind, it was highlighting the misleading gentile priests, away from the monotheistic God of the Abrahamic faiths (Judaism, Christianty, Islam). ;)

Just because the word "Dragon" shows up in the bible doesn't suddenly make Tatsu biblical. 😅

But, some good, actual Biblical names:
- The Plague
- Pharaoh
- Tower of Babylon
- Walls of Jericho
- Ram's Horn
- Lion's Den (hah, also an adult store)
- The Flood
- Ark
- Revelation
- Zion
- Jacob's Ladder

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Meanwhile, the various Pagan religions have their nomenclature plastered all over the theme park universe already. Obvious ones from Germanic religion include Wodan, Odinexpressen, Thor's Hammer, Balder (by a very roundabout way, as the coaster is named after a football team named after a park named after the Norse god), Valkyria/ Valkyrie, Valhalla, Ragnarök, Frida, and probably countless others.