Which lap bar is better?

• B&M Clamshells

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Intamin T-Bars

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

I'll go with the clamshells. they are more comfy than the T bars I found.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Well, I do love B&M's clamshell restraints, but comparing them to Intamin's T-Bars (basically MF and TTD), Intamin does have better, more comfortable restraints.

Titan

Mega Poster
Well, apperantly clamshells are better cause they keep people in them better! (even though its human fault) Clamshells are very comfy if a little bulky, theyre better for when you get ejector air and whatnot so it doesnt hurt. T-bars on the other hand are alot smaller and comfy too, but when it comes to ejector and your not seated right it could really hurt, or just after a bunch of rerides. In the end I think they come pretty even BUT I think Im gonna lean on the T-bar, with or without ankle restraints.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
T-bars are smaller and just feel a whole lot more open. I loved the feeling on TTD and MF a lot more then something like AC. I do really like them both... more then most other restraints. I just think the T-bar are supperior.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Jesus, that's a good question... I love the clamshells, really think they're great restraints, but i've never enjoyed a ride with clamshells as much as I have an Intamin t-bar ride. It's hard to focus just on the restraint and not let the ride they're on cloud your judgement.

I think i'm going to go clamshell.

Almost

Hyper Poster
mark.w said:
Clamshells are good for floaters. There's no force taking you up. On ejectors they wouldn't work as good as lap bars.

Why not? Clamshells would be better for ejector because they wouldn't kill actually hitting them. Clamshells for me even though the rides are less and everything but the clam shells are great.

A

Anonymous

Clamshell. There's more freedom, better safety record, and are very unique. Besides, even when you have airtime, it doesn't feel like there is a restraint there at all.

A

Anonymous

Yeah clamshells definately. They maybe have more of a restraint on your legs but the trains around the seat is nonexistant and you are sitting up on a pedestal by yourself. The feeling is amazing, and I've also found some of the Intamin bars to be uncomfortable as I've gotten bigger.

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
KingdaWHAT said:
Why not? Clamshells would be better for ejector because they wouldn't kill actually hitting them.

I'm pretty sure the whole experience would be different. Clamshell restraints have never been used on ejectors so there is no way to prove it, no way to compare and eventually decide which would be better.

bmfan said:
Besides, even when you have airtime, it doesn't feel like there is a restraint there at all.

They work perfectly on B&M hypers. I have had the same feeling either but I recon this is not because of the restraint but airtime which is floating airtime in this case. A neutral position. They would be noticeable if the G force was below 0.

A

Anonymous

Mark you make the difference between ejector and floater airtime seem like it's comparing black to white. In reality, they AREN'T all that different. I do agree with Kingda's quote stating clamshells would be more comfortable on any kind of airtime because the clamshell puts equal pressure across your whole thigh area, unlike the lap bar which puts pressure just at the top of the thighs and unfortunately across the private area. Naturally that is going to hurt more regardless of what type of airtime because it is the same amount of pressure in a smaller and more sensitive spot. Clamshell restraints are just formed right for airtime. I mean airtime as a whole, nothing ejector or floater specific.

A

Anonymous

I say Schwarzkopf lapbars. Best there is because they don't really hold you in if you don't want them to.