What's new

Best Theme Park in Germany

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

James F

Hyper Poster
Choosing between Europa and Phantasia for me is like picking a favourite Child..... they are equal for different reasons but I have to always go with Europa because of it's scope beyond rides and the emotional heart I get from the place!

The theming of Phantasialand is second only to Tokyo Disneysea in my opinion, but theres something slightly 'cold' about the place, the staff are slightly icier, the place is a bit crammed and rammy.

Whereas Europa I look forward to lunches there.... I want to sit in and enjoy the ambiance, and the above average quality food..... I want to just get a croissant in the France area and sit in the plaza for 30 mins watching the fountains..... I want to mooch round their Historama exhibition looking at old concept models, I want to take the park train round or the safari skyway style monorail. I just like being there, and I get that feeling that they care I'm there.... Its hard to put a finger on exactly what that 'extra' touch is!
I never thought about that aspect before, but I agree with you 100%. Europa Park has a much warmer atmosphere than Phantasialand.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Choosing between Europa and Phantasia for me is like picking a favourite Child..... they are equal for different reasons but I have to always go with Europa because of it's scope beyond rides and the emotional heart I get from the place!

The theming of Phantasialand is second only to Tokyo Disneysea in my opinion, but theres something slightly 'cold' about the place, the staff are slightly icier, the place is a bit crammed and rammy.

Whereas Europa I look forward to lunches there.... I want to sit in and enjoy the ambiance, and the above average quality food..... I want to just get a croissant in the France area and sit in the plaza for 30 mins watching the fountains..... I want to mooch round their Historama exhibition looking at old concept models, I want to take the park train round or the safari skyway style monorail. I just like being there, and I get that feeling that they care I'm there.... Its hard to put a finger on exactly what that 'extra' touch is!
I voted for Phantasialand, but I can agree with all of that argument.