What's new

Best Ride Music @ Thorpe Park

Which Piece of Music?

• Thorpe Entrance Theme (Played on the Bridge)

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Colossus

• Nemesis: Inferno

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slammer (Loading Music - Heard around queues)

• Slammer (Ride Music)

• Samurai (Loading Music)

• Samurai (Ride Music)

• Detenator

• Rush (Loading)

• Rush (Ride Music)

• Rocky Express

• Rumba River Rapids

• X:\ No Way Out

• Storm in a Teacup

• Amity Cove Soundtrack (Looping Radio Station Track)

• Total voters

Mark

Strata Poster
Well, it's all in the title. Of all the various pieces of music being churned out at each ride or around the park all day which one do you think is the best. I have seperated the Slammer and Samurai Loading music as they are very different pieces of music and are really a score on their own.

When deciding think about the effect of the music and how it suits the ride etc.

PLEASE DO NOT VOTE IF YOU HAVENT HEARD A BIG QUANTITY OF THE PIECES OF MUSIC.

If you want to brush up and hear some music you may have missed, check this link...
http://www.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/tpmani ... /music.php

Be warned not all pieces are available!

Don't worry, i'm not being a total TP fanboy and I will run polls for AT and CWoA in due course so no one nicking my theme hehehe

robertw

Roller Poster
I have to, without any doubts, go for the secret fifteenth option: the two hour looping Amity soundtrack. A stunning achievement in ride soundtracks, and every single song suits the area so well.

andyc123

Roller Poster
My vote definately goes to Samurai Loading music. All of the music around the park is amazing and suits most of the rides perfectly, but the loading music for Samurai suits the ride 257% perfect! The silence before the storm is brilliant! The slow piano tune of the Samurai makes it sound like a calm and delicate ride, until the 'samurai is about to begin' and the real techno tune comes into action. This music is perfect!

Mark

Strata Poster
Agreed, it is in general an amazing piece of music anyways but then when you couple it with the calm before the storm type notion and everything it is just blinding!

00 Tom 00

Roller Poster
Funnily enough i found Slammers music very effective. I like the way as the ride rises that sound of high carol singers comes in. I think it suits the tense atmosphere in the line very well.

[edit - You need to actually click on the choice in the poll above to register your choice - Mark]

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I do like the Slammer music, and like the Inferno music too, but my favourite piece, just to be awkward, is probably Detonator's fright night music.

joe

Mega Poster
Its a tough choice... I like Detonators music alot, its really catchy. But I prefer Colossus's, its a great piece of music, they use it for Vortex too.

Sam

Giga Poster
Colossus- it's an orchestrial (is that a word?!) work of art- I have it on my iPod and listen to it every so ofter, from beggining to end it's wonderfully contrasted and is great to listen to, it also suits the ride well.

(It is also the music for Vortex and Zodiac)

The Inferno station music is wicked too.

Ben

CF Legend
Like Rob, Det's fright night music is fantastic, with the little girl, it's chilling.

Regular music though, the Entrance music is great, with all the different styles.

joe

Mega Poster
Ben said:
Like Rob, Det's fright night music is fantastic, with the little girl, it's chilling

Forgot to mention that. I love the Fright Night music, its great.

The Inferno station music is wicked too.

I never hear it anymore, it was my faviroute but I havent heard it since last season. I recorded it on my phone, but it came out crap.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^Download Solitude Sometimes Is by Manic Street Preachers, the tune in the chorus is basically the same! Although yeah, they don't seem to play it that much anymore, which is a shame.

A

Anonymous

It's really hard to choose here...

Inferno's hardcore drum beat, or perhaps the classical feel of Colossus, maybe the uplifting Amity Cove, or the out-of-this world NWO?

I will have to go with though...............................................

AMITY COVE!!!
It is absolutely fantastic to listen to, especially when passing through the area, you hear something new every time!

jonnyrocks

Mega Poster
Nemesis Inferno, love the beat when leaving the station, although it hasn't been on for me last two visits.........seems 'empty' without it

Slammers ride music is a close second though

Sam

Giga Poster
^Yeh, thats the halloween music for you.... the usual rockin beat should be back for the normal season next year, and probably even this week too.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
lets hope they don't do a rocky express and keep the halloween music all year round... :roll: