What's new

Best Looking Roller Coasters

Edward M

Strata Poster
With @Sandman 's topic about good looking bad coasters, I felt that a topic about the best looking roller coasters overall would make a good topic! I'm trying to avoid the prettiest roller coaster on-ride environments. So, not the Beast or anything like that. Just the best coaster to look at.

For me, Shambhala. It's just gorgeous. Ahhh, the way it towers in the horizon at the entrance and then builds up as you approach the China area. Just incredible. Love, love, love it. Kumba is gorgeous with the beautiful environment. Iron Rattler also is a really great looking coaster, going on and below the quarry. Disney's coasters, Expedition Everest, Raging Sprits, Big Thunder, and California Screamin', are all beautiful. I'll also throw in a curveball, Rollin' Thunder at OWA. It's tiny, but it is all over a body of water and towers compared to the other rides around. It is right in the middle of the park, so it's always easy to see.

WjiFy7S.jpg

0GAA5DG.jpg

8wSGbE8.jpg

LC6YNXh.jpg

sbtckLO.jpg

oX0mXiW.jpg

GXYk2AC.jpg

In terms of coasters I haven't ridden, Taron looks just fantastic. Helix also looks gorgeous. There's just too many to name really!

zazobo

Hyper Poster
It's a toss up between Taron and Shammy for me. Shammy has the whole height aspect and beautiful colour scheme whereas you can see so much of Taron in such a small space. The mess of track and rockwork is beeeeeautiful and so enjoyable to watch.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
For me it's Fury it makes for a stunning entrance to the park, besides that the white and luminous green of the track look superb.
With both Fury and Intimidator frame the front of Carowinds amazingly.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Gotta go with Helix, Nemesis, and DC Rivals here.

Helix looks amazing on the hillside and seems to sprawl across so much of the park. Also, it looks even better at night. I love the monochromatic color scheme and the different shades of green work perfectly in the wooded environment.

Nemesis is just beautiful in the way that it interacts with the terrain. Great color scheme as well.

DC Rivals just looks so massive and has such beautiful and graceful elements with a phenomenal and unique color scheme.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I'll be honest and say Smiler at night looks pretty good with all the lights and such.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I'll be honest and say Smiler at night looks pretty good with all the lights and such.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk