What's new

Best image hosting site

Which is your favorite image hosting site?

• Instagram

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Imgur

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Flickr

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Photobucket

• DeviantArt

• Shutterfly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TinyPic

• ImageShack

• TwitPic

• Picasa

• SnapFish

• Facebook

• Total voters

TilenB

Strata Poster
As the title already says, which is the image hosting site you like the best? Where do you usually store the images that you then add in your PTRs, share in your posts...?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I host them all on my own server space - but sometimes I'm lazy and put them on Facebook and just copy the links from there. Problem is, Facebook sometimes change the URLs.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
furie said:
Problem is, Facebook sometimes change the URLs.

****, do they? I didn't realise.

I use Facebook as a place to upload all my pictures anyway as it's a place I keep in close contact with my friends and the whole tagging thing is great to get pics of your mates. I simply 'copy image address' and put them in my PTRs.

Personally I use iPhoto quite a lot. Those who are friends with me on facebook will know how many photos I take, I enjoy tagging all the photos on iPhoto too and putting a location on them all as well. It's just a hobby.

therick311

Mega Poster
I use Flickr. I like that they allow you to choose the licensing terms you want to upload your photos with, and I use Creative Commons. They also will generate the bbcode for posting on the forums.

I also noticed that Google has broken links on me before as well.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
I used image shack but they wanted me to pay so I left it for Imgur, is that what it's called? Then I realised I could use Facebook so now I use that.

davidm

Strata Poster
Used flickr for years, good UI (which they are currently revamping) - easy to grab the BBcode links etc ; I used to pay a few £ for it but since last year its all been free and I'm currently using a vast 0.28% of my space on there (and you can see how many pics I have on there from my sig. below)

jayjay

Giga Poster
If I want to keep hold of photos, I put them on Facebook. If I'm just dumping a photo online because it's only really going to be relevant for that one thing, I'll chuck it on Imgur.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
I have an imgur account, haven't run into any issues so far. They have a really small limit on gifs I think but no one uses gifs.