What's new

Best Element on an RMC?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
What is your favourite element on an RMC? To me the Zero-G stalls look pretty cool, so does Lightning Rod's launch and Goliath's Dive loop. What are your opinions?

Last edited:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I've only done Goliath, but the zero-g thing is perfection.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
The stall is the perfect element.

Second is wave turn. A very close second.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

zombieface

Roller Poster
I really enjoy the drops (if that counts) and the zero-g rolls. The 2 RMC stalls I've been on didn't do much for me.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Lightning Rod's quad-down. No question. I don't recall ever feeling forces and speed like that on any other coaster, it's remarkable.

Although I've yet to do the zero-g stall in Goliath, and am curious to try that.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
I loved the stall on Wildfire but the highlight was the outward banked turn. Experiencing really intense airtime while getting thrown out sideways was such a wacky wtf moment then the whip back round into the shed finished it off nicely.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Snoo

The Legend
If we're talking a single element, the Wave Turn wins for me. Such a unique and fun element. The stall is a very close 2nd place. The best SERIES of elements, Rod's quad down. <3

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If we're talking a single element, the Wave Turn wins for me. Such a unique and fun element. The stall is a very close 2nd place. The best SERIES of elements, Rod's quad down. <3
Hold on a sec, how are we defining a single element? :p Is a double-down not a "single element", and therefore by extension why not the quad-down?

If the quad-down on Lightning Rod doesn't count, then I think I'd probably go for one of the following:
-Storm Chaser's first hill: I can't really recall every feels consistent ejector airtime like that hill. Some hills might have slightly more intense airtime, but I don't feel like they're ever quite as consistent as that hill feels. Skyrush is probably the only think close, but I did feel like the airtime spiked at the entrance or exit of the hill (depending on your seat). Storm Chaser was just ideal.
-Outlaw Run's 153° hill: I think part of the reason why I love this element is that it felt like RMC's first real, no-holds-barred coaster. It was the first time we really saw the potential in the company (NTG is good, but none of it is quite as crazy). Plus is rides beautifully.
-Iron Rattler's final hill: I'm not a big fan of the meandering bits along the cliff-tops on this coaster, but that final hill into the corner and into the tunnel is just absurd.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Wildfire's Stall is my fave, but barely. Wicked Cyclone's Zero G is perfection, there's no other Zero-G like it, but the stall is slightly better.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Stalls are excellent, but the wave turn is the element I think most defining of RMC's ethos in designing. Just sheer, raw airtime, regardless of what angle the train is headed.

Edward M

Strata Poster
If Quad Down counts, that.
If not, then I would say the Outlaw Run wave turn.
I've yet to ride Goliath, but that stall looks amazing.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Like everyone on here, I'd say Goliath's stall. Outlaw Run's wave turn and double barrel roll are fantastic also. Iron Rattler's zero g roll is probably the best zero g roll I've experienced. Like someone said, I'm not sure if this counts but I absolutely love the steep drops on all these coasters too.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Wildfire's Zero G Stall is one of my fave elements. Such a surreal moment. The sideways airtime hill is also such a unique sensation. Flying out of your seat sideways while overlooking the forest/sea is such a beautiful experience.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Unoriginal answer but the Zero-G Stall on Wildfire is the best element on any coaster, period.