What's new

Best Cedar Point Coaster?

Which is the best coaster at Cedar Point?

• Blue Streak

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Cedar Creek Mine Ride

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corkscrew

• Disaster Transport

• Gemini

• Iron Dragon

• Jr. Gemini

• Magnum XL-200

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Mantis

• Maverick

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Mean Streak

• Millennium Force

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Raptor

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Top Thrill Dragster

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Wicked Twister

• Wildcat

• Woodstock Express

• Total voters

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Poll has been added. Could those who posted before the poll was up please submit their favorite? Thanks :)

bmac

Giga Poster
I thought I would be a smartass and post Blue Streak as my fave, and someone beat me to it :|

Top 5:
1) Maverick
2) Magnum
3) Millennium Farce
4) Blue Streak
5) Raptor

madhjsp

Giga Poster
^ no love for Dragster, huh? It's not everyday you see someone make a list of their favorite CP coasters that doesn't include that one.

bmac

Giga Poster
madhjsp said:
^ no love for Dragster, huh? It's not everyday you see someone make a list of their favorite CP coasters that doesn't include that one.

I've met people who hate TTD a lot more than I do, it's not as rare as you think. I do agree with most people that TTD is better than Kingda Ka though.

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster
Millennium Force definitely. Why is Blue Streak always looked over by common folk? Blue Streak I would say is my second favorite. Magnum I didn't particularly find memorable, it was sort of a meh. I remember Blue Streak having great airtime. I remember laughing on Blue Streak. It was a walk on, I wondered WHY? it was such a FUN ride.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
coaster_rider93 said:
^ Just make sure to ride Maverick all the way in the front...it makes the ride experience much much better!
I personally love Maverick all the way in the back - so much ejector air on the first hill!

Of course... I like everything in the back!

VascoXTRC said:
Why is Blue Streak always looked over by common folk? Blue Streak I would say is my second favorite.
Hear, hear!

It could very well be the fact that I have grown up with the ride, but Blue Streak is THE classic wooden coaster in my books. Plenty of great airtime, fantastic pacing, and just enough roughness to not break your back. While GCI and GG coasters might go higher in the rankings, Blue Streak will always have a special place.

bmac said:
I've met people who hate TTD a lot more than I do, it's not as rare as you think. I do agree with most people that TTD is better than Kingda Ka though.

TTD is definitely a ride of diminishing returns - the more you ride it the lesser the experience.

I remember CF Live (2005 or 2006?) when we were able to whore the ride at least 3 times in a row at night. By our final ride, we had adapted and barely felt the launch. I've done the same thing with Millennium Force, riding it 9 times in a row during a Platinum Pass ERT with my niece.

TTD is still #3 to me and high in my overall rankings because of that first ride. That is a moment to remember in your roller coaster riding.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Hyde244 said:
Millennium Force is definitely a ride of diminishing returns - the more you ride it the lesser the experience.
*Fixed :wink:

1. Maverick - Snoo, the kid & I have even made the trip to CP just to ride it one time at night before the park closed - it's that good!

2. Top Thrill Dragster - So much better than Kingda Ka it's not funny. Just wish they hadn't changed those original awesome trains.

3. maXair - I know it's not a coaster, but it is my third favorite ride in the park. Airtime galore!

4. Millennium Force - Used to be my favorite until after my fifth or so trip to Cedar Point. This baby gets old real fast, but it's not a bad coaster by any means. Too bad it couldn't be more like Superman - Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England, but at least we now have Leviathan to show us what Millennium Force could have been.

5. Blue Streak - So much fun (especially during a CF-Live)!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The last time I rode Millennium Force in 2012 was during a torential downpour. It gave a whole new experience I never thought possible. :lol:

It's hard to say because I have had some mindblowing experiences on Maverick when it was running great. As in, it's in my top five on a good day. But then there are days, like when I went with Ciall, that it was just awful and not even worthy of my top ten. I'd rank them like this anyway:

1. Top Thrill Dragster
2. Maverick (kind of interchangeable with Dragster depending on how it's running)
3. Magnum XL-200
4. Millennium Force
5. Raptor
6. Disaster Transport (okay it's gone now but it was fab)
7. Gemini
8. Mantis
9. Wicked Twister
10. Blue Streak

THE REST

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
MForce naturally.

Maverick is probably 2nd, a little short but so sweet. 3 rides in a row and I started to get that Intamin OTSR pain, but damn what a crazy little ride.
Blue Streak #3. Fun classic ride, and packed a good amount of airtime.
OK, for those who have 500+ coasters and such it may be kinda mild, but for what it is...man I could've ridden it 10 times.
Ah forgot Wicked Twister, I love that thing. Yeah my CP list is kinda weird I know.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Millennium Force. Yeah, yeah but it is, in my opinion, the perfect coaster. Maverick is a close second. TTD and Magnum tail closely behind the two.