What's new

Best Canada's Wonderland Coaster?

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
We all know Canada's Wonderland has one of the most grand and high quality collection of rides, but which coaster is your favorite?

Leviathan
Backlot Stunt Coaster
Behemoth
Dragon Fire
Flight Deck
Mighty Canadian Minebuster
Skyrider
The Bat
Thunder Run
Time Warp
Vortex
Wild Beast
Silver Streak
The Fly
Ghoster Coaster
Taxi Jam (Best ride EVER!)

Probally going to turn out like a Leviathan VS. Behemoth topic. I was just curious.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ghoster Coaster because it's puntastic! Oh, no, that would be if it was Roller Ghoster... Yeah, scratch that... Backlot stunt coaster then for the same reason ;)

Coaster_Phil

Roller Poster
Vortex is outstanding, a real classic and feels a bit out of control. Leviathan was not there when I visited.

A101

Mega Poster
As a CW local, and a season passholder, the park leaves much to be desired when it comes to modern coasters. I'm not saying the park is bad, but in comparison to parks like SFMM and CP where the number of coasters is similar, Canada's Wonderland has much fewer high quality, big ticket attractions.

Think about it, the standup is by Togo, the invert is by Vekoma, and the flyer is a Volare by Zamperla. Plus, with the fact that the wooden coasters feel like they haven't been touched since they opened over 30 years ago, adds to the fact that although these aren't horrible rides, (the gp loves them,) but just having them all combined in one park sort of hurts it on a global scale.

In my opinion, Leviathan is the best hands down, and kudos to Cedar Fair for pumping some B&Ms into the park.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
^While the SLC is ****, I had no issues with the volare and Skyrider is the best stand-up coaster i've been on!

It may not have new coasters, but the majority are quality and or rare. Just because a ride is made by a manufacturer that usually makes crap doesn't mean they're ALL crap. There is an exception to every rule.

While Leviathan is the best coaster there, The disdain you feel for Skyrider seems unjustified.

Intricks

Strata Poster
To those that have ridden both Skyride and Shockwave, is the randomly 90° banked helix a turn of spine shattering doom?

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Intricks said:
To those that have ridden both Skyride and Shockwave, is the randomly 90° banked helix a turn of spine shattering doom?

From what I recall from both rides, it's not as bad as it looks, but it's by no means slick and delightful.

Intricks

Strata Poster
So brace myself for a screwed up back afterwards?

Shockwave wasnt really all too fun for me. The entire ride is smooth, but that helix just about made me cry. Plus it wasnt fun watching the cars ahead of me rattle entering it <//3