What's new

Beijing PTR - Part 2: Cred Whoring

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I had an early finish last Friday, and Monday was a Hong Kong public holiday, so obviously that was a cred weekend. I decided to head back to Beijing, not having been there since 2007. Since I spent about 5 days there last time, I did all the cultural s**t back then, so I won’t be boring you with any of that nonsense; this was just cred whoring.

In 2007, only Happy Valley, Sun Park, Beijing Shijingshan Amusement Park and Beijing Amusement Park (now gone) were listed on RCDB. Back then, I took the RCDB listings as a definitive guide and didn’t think to look for anything else, but a bunch of other +1 crap has long since popped up on there, most of which probably existed when I was there before.

Anyway, I got to the hotel at a decent time on Friday evening, but didn’t bother heading back out again until the next morning.

Happy Valley Beijing

I had debated leaving this place until the Monday since I had pretty much a full day then and it was only a holiday in Hong Kong, not mainland China. However, I’ve done enough Chinese parks to know that the best chance of not getting spited by anything is to go at weekends. Yes, the parks are obviously busier, but the chances of stuff being “closed for maintenance” are much, much smaller. Happy Valley parks especially seem to like to do “maintenance” (close things for no real reason) on Mondays.

It wasn’t a great start, and I thought at first that I might have made a mistake by going on that day, but it was actually completely fine. All information had been pointing to the park opening at 10, but when I got there, it had already been open an hour and a half, with Extreme Rusher having opened at 9. Ugh.

1BjaCQn.jpg

oDMvN75.jpg

vOFNkvy.jpg

2CCR8Ii.jpg

HscanRi.jpg

IyPNUqd.jpg

This meant that the waiting time for Extreme Rusher, which is right at the entrance, was posted at 2 hours. Not good. I joined the queue though since this was the coaster I most wanted out of the whole weekend. Shortly after joining it, the waiting time on the board dropped down to 90 minutes, and I actually got on it in a tiny bit over an hour. They were running two trains and were getting them out fairly quickly (for an OCT park) at a train every 3 minutes or so. Plus, once you were in the station, the ride ops were calling people forward to fill seats, which I've NEVER seen before, meaning that I skipped a train or two to get on.

QKOWbe3.jpg

vABvPAd.jpg

Fsa0FnK.jpg

cgLV90P.jpg

1EJwF4p.jpg

QYkBhqM.jpg

It was fab – the launches on these things are obscene – but I think I just slightly prefer Bullet Coaster in Shenzhen. The big drop on that into the tunnel seems a bit more substantial, and the trims on it don’t seem to grab as much. Plus, there’s decent theming while Extreme Rusher has nothing. There’s not a lot in it though to be fair, and since operations here were MUCH better, I’m tempted to say that the overall experience is better in Beijing.

Sorry, this is getting a bit wordy. I had the Crystal Wings cred, so was expecting to skip it. More later.

uJTRnet.jpg

UWrvRUr.jpg

sGClbR8.jpg

Same with Golden Wings in Snowfield.

zSgAaOK.jpg

WCCXf04.jpg

00y8kUQ.jpg

vtVFHJK.jpg

Didn’t go in this:

NFUK0G8.jpg

I needed the B&M kiddy cred though, and waited about half an hour for it. Same as the Shanghai one: fine, but don’t see the point.

l7kvPit.jpg

uG9xEke.jpg

wU1MBN4.jpg

cQT1Ttv.jpg

8FSu8of.jpg

It was the new B&M hyper being announced a while back that had put me off revisiting Beijing earlier, but once it was testing, I booked this weekend.

e6vflPp.jpg

7aGLfdp.jpg

czEuM97.jpg

azeOT3A.jpg

zTG38z6.jpg

GaJd63E.jpg

SU1W7b7.jpg

Two trains on this as well, with only a 15-minute wait for the first ride. The queue line is beautiful.

UJVY1Ti.jpg

It’s pretty good, especially given the small size, but it’s one of the weaker B&M hypers in terms of airtime. The layout is more interesting than most, especially with those sideways hills, and it interacts with the area well, but it felt like it never really quite hit the mark. It was definitely better later in the day though.

With any other place, a brand new coaster would bring a wealth of merchandise, but this is China. Happy Valley like to follow the Western model of putting gift shops at the exits to rides, but they’re just filled with generic tat.

V1yJQzm.jpg

More pictures. Need to speed this up since I’m supposed to be in the school hall in 15 minutes.

e1iyR85.jpg

5EmKMxj.jpg

WYuLWOE.jpg

f8qwUOx.jpg

P6hOzQp.jpg

zA4AJE0.jpg

Z4nhrLg.jpg

EP327lF.jpg

embbbkl.jpg

bjJlxXz.jpg

77uyHDU.jpg

q0knlMr.jpg

GLwlp1A.jpg

mlbUEgI.jpg

psyvciJ.jpg

You might have noticed the rapids in the same area. These were new, and looked very good with two decent drops, but they went and ruined it with the usual water cannons/guns all over the thing, so I skipped it.

UmeFU3d.jpg

The SLC was actually a walk-on, so I did it despite not needing the cred. It’s not great, but doesn’t seem to have aged too badly since last time.

YWl8Al0.jpg

Jungle Racing, the Vekoma mine train, was closed on my last visit, so that was a +1.

uWOMwAo.jpg

nTTQi8E.jpg

RhBMPRd.jpg

X9Um7NX.jpg

Walking around the lake to Crystal Wings then:

EjmLxYQ.jpg

nG2QKTh.jpg

v6hj9mm.jpg

ZOoYF1M.jpg

WhcoqZz.jpg

TpLdMbi.jpg

2qY2k2L.jpg

TgpN16M.jpg

ue1b6w5.jpg

Yq71KLA.jpg

Turns out Crystal Wings was a walk-on. I’d waited 2 hours last time.

dqdhwiS.jpg

vbsTMeK.jpg

ttcMq3i.jpg

sGClbR8.jpg

l4QQUQ9.jpg

Yeah, it’s just a Superman clone, but the theming and overwater section make it so much better.

VQwNFS4.jpg

rqVQJnu.jpg

VJz1fZF.jpg

I watched some stunt show, which was mind-numbingly s**t until the final 3 minutes.

zokovU6.jpg

IAm9tB7.jpg

npm51IV.jpg

Then this thing, which I’m sure I watched last time, though there’s a very similar thing at Knight Valley, too.

Jwt0YSp.jpg

j2zDHzR.jpg

UNvqrvI.jpg

8guq1X2.jpg

65thfjE.jpg

7fQrFsH.jpg

0XuEvEQ.jpg

I can’t remember if this was here before, but I’m almost certain I didn’t do it if it was. It’s a kind of “Small World” thing, but focusing on holidays/festivals rather than just countries. It’s pretty impressive to be fair.

EuSupdC.jpg

XdbugeT.jpg

fSyNsga.jpg

zYpCQvu.jpg

bVNIFX5.jpg

Twp7aej.jpg

Skipped the ridiculous water ride, which I’d done before. I tend to just avoid them now anyway.

D7njCdP.jpg

PTpTnX1.jpg

zdIekup.jpg

vxmDCSw.jpg

This big indoor area was new though, with a bunch of flat rides, a 4D cinema, flying theatre and a kiosk selling live jellyfish (also available at Knight Valley).

lTowl3x.jpg

LmbmoUu.jpg

iPCFy47.jpg

tPhEZKF.jpg

nfG2g5O.jpg

5YmyKo2.jpg

3Ne2Zfw.jpg

dv0P1KK.jpg

LSSqHrR.jpg

I had originally planned to try and leave the park by around 3 or 4 to go and mop up some crappy creds elsewhere, but I’d been given a ticket for a big show for free at 5:30. Not sure how that worked, but other people didn’t seem to have this. As I was going through the turnstiles that morning, the staff pointed out that my ticket had the show included, which they weren’t doing with anyone else.

I had been thinking of buying a ticket for it for the 7:30 show and coming back, or even doing it the next night, since it seems to have good reviews, so since I’d got this freebie for something I was about to spend 40-50 quid on, and I was really enjoying the park, I decided to stick around, doing some rerides on the B&M (walk-on) and S&S (20 minute wait).

6LBVllN.jpg

03twh89.jpg

SKQ2qYM.jpg

DiM6cnS.jpg

c3QoRaJ.jpg

The show situation was weird. The main entrance to the theatre is outside the park, with a small, quite hidden entrance from inside. Everyone (bunch of tour groups, coach trips etc.) was using the main entrance, so had obviously paid for this show. I was the only person that I saw using the park entrance. I’d assumed that loads of people must have it with their park ticket as well, but no.

Then getting into the theatre, it turns out that I was in some VIP box with it’s own private waiting area and bathroom:

9X5sqwF.jpg

pxUiWjE.jpg

COFeUwu.jpg

It was off to the side though, so the view wasn’t great:

wgFKiul.jpg

However, from there, I could see that ALL of the other VIP boxes were empty. I was literally the only person on that entire level. Even the staff, after showing me where I was supposed to be, had disappeared. So, I waited until the show started and ended up sneaking out of my box and into another one which was right in the middle, head-on to the stage.

All very, very bizarre.

The show was cool. No idea what was going on, but it was technically very impressive and had live peacocks worn as hats, which then flew off, and a fab “flood” at the end. Bunch of pictures:

XV3CKjl.jpg

7nMQlAc.jpg

iCfAZHu.jpg

KlM1jEK.jpg

y6sETya.jpg

n342qps.jpg

TFnW3tk.jpg

aqwwaK7.jpg

872ukee.jpg

mnQpLvO.jpg

RpTrA7j.jpg

1EW9wZm.jpg

lcImrGe.jpg

VymFd7u.jpg

dGhn3Dl.jpg

G7gdEVh.jpg

qG4Am7o.jpg

OPyIPSL.jpg

znacxxr.jpg

ht5vXOq.jpg

tKCgrFU.jpg

C0NmXeG.jpg

Mrgufwp.jpg

5y7igHV.jpg

VDLvIlH.jpg

87YEKhs.jpg

mBcoNSF.jpg

Glad I didn’t pay for it, but also glad I stuck around.

It was a pretty fab day then. Despite thinking it was going to be a s**t day when I saw that first 2-hour queue (totally should have gone back later, but, ya know, cred), the day ended up being great. As you could see from the pictures, the weather was lovely, everything was running (missed out on the flying island for the second visit after it seemed to go down in the afternoon and not reopen) and operations were really good.

Cred whoring next.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Glad you had a fun day at the park - it was my favourite Happy Valley by a long way. The show looks absolutely mental - the peacock hats! Only in China haha. Does the station for the S&S still smell like garlic bread?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Glad you had a fun day at the park - it was my favourite Happy Valley by a long way. The show looks absolutely mental - the peacock hats! Only in China haha. Does the station for the S&S still smell like garlic bread?
I don't think so, but I think I'm probably quite acclimatised to all the weird and wonderful (gross) smells that China has to offer, so I probably wouldn't have noticed anyway.

I didn't have much to compare Beijing HV to before, but having now done all of them (and all fairly recently), and especially with the new additions this one had since my last visit, I'd say it's easily my favourite, too.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
48206072307_e2a8007b1d_k.jpg

For some reason I never actually believed that the bird would make it onto the final product. I now love that train.

Don't remember that dark ride either, fairly sure I would have done it. More reason to go back!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I had two more days in Beijing for cred whoring. I had a rough plan to polish off Sun Park after Happy Valley on the first day, but then ended up staying for that show, so it didn’t happen. Instead, I headed there for around 9 the next morning.

Sun Park

The park itself opens from 6am, but I knew there was no way the rides would be running that early, nor would I be going there at that ridiculous time. I figured 9 was a decent time for them to be getting stuff open. Another very nice day:

Ceuxeff.jpg

b2C7AA1.jpg

Cp17OsA.jpg

P9IFNOk.jpg

I’d been here before, so there were a handful of creds I didn’t need and and had no intention of reriding, but there were loads of new ones since, like this one:

SjwnMbm.jpg

rsks63w.jpg

And these two:

8v8bBNN.jpg

sZ47tfu.jpg

CCAqb4M.jpg

ZIQQqZz.jpg

wVYo1Kq.jpg

These were all next to each other, so managed to knock off that +3 within about 10 minutes.

General stuff:

JrSKwgv.jpg

djlCY4Y.jpg

5WRJdba.jpg

RCDB doesn’t list Happy Journey Bus; RCDB is wrong:

IWB5PVz.jpg

VbHvjC6.jpg

Didn’t need the mine train thing:

exeETdg.jpg

yI792Ee.jpg

Didn’t need the Golden Horse spinner, which was closed anyway. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is on its way out; a lot of them seem to be these days.

2E4A2Cj.jpg

Then only “big” coaster that’s opened here recently is a Beijing Jiuhua motorbike coaster, which I didn’t see running at first.

fJXhcVm.jpg

IUQKj3L.jpg

vAFwXNd.jpg

pJORCuC.jpg

Another +1:

ztmtg0n.jpg

Bv0Q0Qi.jpg

And another:

4QMnABf.jpg

MSww7YK.jpg

bIuUZe0.jpg

I’m pretty sure this would’ve been here on my last visit though. I don’t think I hit that corner of the park, and it looks really old.

XbVUUOH.jpg

nAsZMJD.jpg

World of Warcraft is not listed on RCDB; RCDB is wrong:

2lNbZg4.jpg

XV7BxJ6.jpg

Didn’t’ need the Jungle Mouse or looper:

SAybEIH.jpg

mSMDrP7.jpg

Fun story: that dome thing used to a have a cred in it, a Beijing Shibaolai Space Trip model.

6JyxibU.jpg

Only when I was at the park 12 years ago, it wasn’t listed, and I didn’t think to check it out. Literally months later, TPR went there and “discovered” it. Then it closed the next year. I still wake up screaming over it.

Finished on a low point with Flying Coaster, the perfectly-named motorbike coaster which had just opened:

q0HaXxs.jpg

2Pr8zZ7.jpg

I don’t think this one was quite as bad as the other one I’ve done at Quancheng Euro Park, but they’re both f**kin’ s**te. I think it’s the wheel assemblies rather than the track; there’s just loads of space. Five quid an’ all. Disgraceful.

All good then. Got a +8 from a park I’d already done before. It’s just a shame that in a park with 12 creds, every single one is a piece of s**t.

Next Park then:

Wanfangting Park

Just a city park with a rides area, which was luckily right inside the entrance I used.

QetYsCI.jpg

4RTC6H1.jpg

ygC9xqM.jpg

0L2tuaB.jpg

+1 and out within 5 minutes. I didn’t even bother going any further into the park. Looked nice enough though.

de0kEfD.jpg

Next!

Beijing World Park

This was one of those “Window of the World” places, though not under the OCT brand like the others I’ve done. It was all very nice around the entrance area.

AOTLros.jpg

GgqiOkV.jpg

xe2v6PA.jpg

QVDh3Pc.jpg

As is usual with these places, there are models of famous world landmarks. These were mostly pretty well done, but lacking the scale of the equivalent place in Shenzhen, and some might need a bit of updating.

ftt05Ri.jpg

k1Z6ldt.jpg

CPN4b0a.jpg

3kpyHJJ.jpg

Qxr5OXU.jpg

b1c9KQH.jpg

ELXEaHy.jpg

GRKppik.jpg

0QAwT4i.jpg

3CJUZMb.jpg

I’m guessing there’s a parade then, and no idea what the plane was for.

rxbUqvX.jpg

OfACNib.jpg

I’m guessing this used to be a log flume?

ZxrzE5d.jpg

Anyway, there’s a cred here, and it looked kind of substantial from the pictures on RCDB. It didn’t appear to be open though.

UuLGeqr.jpg

gYy3a7G.jpg

oCHlrAQ.jpg

4eNarg1.jpg

I waited around for a bit to see if they would start running it, but nothing was happening, so I gave up in the end.

ZGTrWR3.jpg

64b2jXk.jpg

foFEKAn.jpg

mrCaQxL.jpg

vUqRfWb.jpg

Dunno what this was:

4fZhx3T.jpg

More models of stuff:

H0oYITL.jpg

Q5VLHV6.jpg

WgfJj8K.jpg

4cHtKBj.jpg

5kgFXqL.jpg

8c9pxUc.jpg

DhbbcXw.jpg

p6idZxH.jpg

Fn7mzdL.jpg

wf0NN5d.jpg

zcpAbjX.jpg

i5Brb7A.jpg

tSFgz42.jpg

yDDljDC.jpg

uDITuDg.jpg

AyK44T9.jpg

Next:

Lianhuachi Park

This was a pain in the arse since I got dropped off at completely the opposite end of where I needed to be for the cred. Plus, at first I missed the entrance (small entrance to the side of a car park, which was hidden behind a wall), so walked around for a good 15 minutes before I even got it. As usual, it was a decent enough city park.

4UEHdP9.jpg

oywGzTn.jpg

4jJxPhR.jpg

All the way to the other side for the rides area then:

sqUNTUL.jpg

Bollocks.

7H4cpKf.jpg

A7Tf4tx.jpg

Two spited creds in a row. Another pain in the arse with this place is that the main entrance I was now at was right outside Beijing West Station, a really major station on the high-speed network, meaning that getting a taxi was going to be a pain (there was a proper taxi line, but with about a hundred people in it), and no clear pick up point to order a Didi (plus no cars available anyway), so I ended up just going into the station to use the metro, like some homeless person.

Beijing Shijingshan Amusement Park

This was an “if there’s time” kind of thing since I’d been before and they’ve removed way more than they’ve added since then. There were five creds that I have that have gone, plus there were actually creds under construction which have since opened, closed, and been removed.

I don’t remember how it worked last time, but they’re now running it in the same way as Sun Park, having a very small entrance charge and then being pay-per-ride. This worked very well for me since I only needed to pick up a couple of creds.

34K33YL.jpg

HpyLSgT.jpg

rT5Ecub.jpg

pUpxp1W.jpg

IP9RWxL.jpg

They had a ferris wheel before, but this one was much newer. Well, the cabins at least. Not sure if it was a whole new wheel.

1jnzJYV.jpg

Here’s another fun story. When I was here before, I somehow missed the Space Trip coaster (the same model that I’d also missed in that dome in Sun Park). Even though it was listed, I somehow didn’t see it and didn’t ride it. There were loads of creds here back then, and smartphones weren’t a thing for me to check that I’d got everything. It’s since closed, but, unlike every other closed coaster, it hasn’t been removed, so now it’s just sitting there, taunting me.

l84NOhu.jpg

Yep, two of the same model, in the same city, which I missed and have since closed. It’s a good job I’m at work and surrounded by people because otherwise the medicine cabinet would be getting raided.

This is new apparently. It’s the same model, and in the same place, as one that was here previously. I thought for all of 5 seconds about whether it should be counted as a new cred. Yes, yes it should since it’s a NEW MACHINE.

yodM77u.jpg

DrGtpxi.jpg

The second new cred. Yay:

33BzVsS.jpg

d4i22hd.jpg

This drop tower was new since I was there, but was also closed. I’m sure it used to be enclosed and the discarded clock faces near it were part of its theming.

E90S3k3.jpg

jWPyWml.jpg

I was surprised to see this still here:

dGU7wT8.jpg

It’s a clone of Storm Force 10 at Drayton. I’d always assumed it to be a Chinese version since EVERYTHING else at the park is Chinese, but apparently it’s a “real” one. It looked like this last time I was here:

3ML10DG.jpg

tJyQIHQ.jpg

I think this whole kiddy area was fairly new, and it was looking pretty decent to be fair.

gUotR4U.jpg

0MWI6sK.jpg

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

3J9d6m7.jpg

Xpxeqow.jpg

Glorious, glorious unlisted cred!

9JXy8E8.jpg

I did the Ferris wheel, more as a way to check that I hadn’t missed anything. It’s got lovely, comfortable, huge, air-conditioned, 12-seater cars, so couldn’t they at least hose down the f**king windows?

S5IfE3S.jpg

OizD7ZG.jpg

NOZv2uz.jpg

Filth!

Anyway, the views over the abject s**t that is Beijing Shijingshan Amusement Park:

4FhGqPc.jpg

tnIMvWJ.jpg

wu32kQO.jpg

mKiDVdP.jpg

I went out through the other exit. The SLC is, somehow, still here. It was the first ever Chinese SLC. Having the cred, I had no desire to get on it. I can’t imagine that it’s aged well in the twelve years since I’ve done it, when it was just a couple of years old and already not great.

4B4pqrx.jpg

RcMTJyP.jpg

lgbDG6k.jpg

ovxo1f8.jpg

FHcQwWU.jpg

How this place is hanging on I really don’t know. This was a Sunday, with gorgeous weather, and it was dead. I guess the location isn’t as good as Sun Park, which was getting busy even at 9 in the morning, and with nothing new to speak of, and all the old stuff being removed, there’s no incentive for locals to bother.

It was a crap park on my first visit, but at least they had 8 coasters, with a couple more under construction, and a whole new area with decently-themed flat rides also being built. I’ve got no idea what happened really.

Anyway, a +3 when I was expecting a +2, which made up somewhat for the spite at the last two places.

One more:

Zizhuyuan Park

Yep, it’s a city park:

OnrldH8.jpg

TUhC7w4.jpg

LsIllsR.jpg

sh949w5.jpg

Yep, there was a kiddy coaster:

SuxD3Xk.jpg

70sPR0a.jpg

AlWTgtT.jpg

I called it a day there. It was all very productive though, hitting 6 parks (2 with no cred) and adding a +13 of inexcusable s**t to the count. I love this hobby.

Another day of total crap left with this.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Let’s get this finished then since it's going down so well.

I had a flight out around 5, so had most of the day to polish off more crap.

Here’s Beijing from a taxi window:

QitZbHE.jpg

kMiQvw7.jpg

sXruYVw.jpg

xlpeaL2.jpg

IjZJ9IM.jpg

There. That’s the culture bit done.

Green Island Amusement Park

The wider park that this was a part of was lovely.

F4XdB4y.jpg

GF9B4hX.jpg

b1xDqUY.jpg

Yae8ipo.jpg

The amusement park section – or sections really since it was split into a couple of different areas – was also very green.

YUoBmyL.jpg

n4N0F2G.jpg

xyGDayJ.jpg

o45Alt7.jpg

The first cred was a Chinese spinner, but one of the Beijing Jiuhua ones, which are modelled after the Reverchon ones, rather than the more common Golden Horse.

dlxjgYT.jpg

CINgjeI.jpg

Pxvrpno.jpg

The second was a very old-school loopscrew. Both creds were crap.

5IAJzXL.jpg

2KvhS3m.jpg

VnL7oOe.jpg

This next place was pretty out of the way and I almost didn’t bother, but I’m slowly learning that I always allow myself way too much time for cred whoring little places and always have plenty left over, so I shoved it in.

Dream East World of Future

W56nYne.jpg

Td9eRMW.jpg

I imagine this place is great for school trips (there was one there) or families with young kids. It’s all designed like a kind of space station and has various educational bits and pieces as well as a few rides.

INkd8Nc.jpg

6ru47CC.jpg

VyhnY9x.jpg

And there’s a cred, otherwise I wouldn’t be here. Just a crappy spinner. This company have apparently built three of these (known so far) and this is the second I’ve done. S**te.

XvcYPtK.jpg

zDjpaRx.jpg

m6NC4iu.jpg

YipK4pV.jpg

I’ll just dump photos of the rest of the place. There were a few simulator things, 4D cinema, shooting ride…

tHaZFFa.jpg

iJdAQTP.jpg

levps94.jpg

qE4PiZw.jpg

9dS6Z2g.jpg

OAmgD3F.jpg

NNlr162.jpg

Next then, which, with three creds, I was expecting big things from.

Crab Island Resort

“Resort” is a strong word. I got dropped off on a road seemingly in the middle of nowhere and had to look around a bit for the creds. It’s such a f**king dump. Easily one of the worst places I’ve been.

z9bnFxQ.jpg

HHEc8M5.jpg

jGx9XOW.jpg

IhTEQMZ.jpg

CrIeckJ.jpg

The creds are just generic Chinese s**t: a powered dragon, jungle mouse and SLC.

krcanX0.jpg

f2DojHs.jpg

5jdxdMr.jpg

0NZrUmd.jpg

A82Xqks.jpg

wN6ZcYa.jpg

EyyMmvk.jpg

I didn’t realise it at the time, but totting up the creds at the end of the weekend revealed that the SLC was my number 1,600. I love getting milestones on such iconic rides.

I kind of f**ked up a bit next. There’s supposed to be another park nearby – Crab Island Children’s Park – but I had a bit of a brain fart and ordered a Didi right after the main park instead of hunting down the other one. There’s only a Golden Horse fruit worm there, but still. I remembered about 10 minutes into the ride out, but wasn’t about to go back. Next then:

Yiyuan Park

This was the first of two parks which are very close to each other and not far from the airport, so a decent place to finish up. As usual, it’s a city park with a small amusement area. This one was tiny.

M7P1ZjQ.jpg

nc9tAoQ.jpg

5YsSVFY.jpg

GAn6QQG.jpg

qkoOdo0.jpg

UchaLHJ.jpg

LORLVFV.jpg

+1 then. The final park was walking distance.

Shunyi Park

I ended up at the right entrance, the amusement park bit was just inside the fence from the main road.

K7BQ3vH.jpg

Getting very excited for another powered dragon:

a4Q9Jaj.jpg

vEve2TV.jpg

SPITE!

nsSnd0U.jpg

xV3esdR.jpg

Closed for “maintenance”, but I’m willing to bet for good given the out-of-date sign. Oh well, not a great end to the trip, but there you go.

Al-in-all, it was a pretty productive cred weekend. 24 new creds including a previously unlisted one (ok, so only 2 of them were actually any good), 3 spites (but mostly down to removal rather than just being closed on the day, and nothing major, so that’s not as bad), and 1 “forgotten” cred that I’m not overly concerned about and have a feeling might not have even still been there anyway.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Things you'd only ever read in one of Gavin's (or possibly Heartline's) trip reports:
"The show was cool... it had live peacocks as hats which then flew off"

And people didn't believe me when I said I saw a donkey in a hat once.