What's new

Batman in Reverse

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
ECG said:
...let the speculation begin for the surprise that the park has in store for the time Batman will be down while they change the seats back to the forward facing position!
How about doing the Hollywood Dream on Raging Bull?
Isn't Universal Studios Japan just flipping the train around like Great America already does every now & then with American Eagle? If so there would be little to no down time for Raging Bull & with it running backwards for a weekend, no one would complain about Batman being down.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
No, the backwards trains are whole new chassis which I assume B&M is leasing to the parks (or in SF's case selling so they can ship it around to all the parks) for cheap in order to test the technology.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
While we're talking about retrofitting B&M roller coasters with different trains - anyone want to start up the "feasibility of floorless cars on a stand-up" again? :razz:

rcjp

Roller Poster
I don't really think it is necessary to do anything to batman and, therefore, i don't see the need to do such thing. In my opinion as well as in many other people's the batman clones are great coasters that don't need to be changed in dramatic ways, I guess.

Dafuq! I can see this being horribly intense and disorienting haha, but I'd love to have the chance to ride one at least once. Excited to see how this goes!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^Want to join James & myself (possibly Hixee) for opening weekend?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I would be very curious to try it, but can't imagine actually liking it.

I could see this working a lot better on some of the less intense inverts - Patriot springs to mind - but I can't see how it would be at all pleasant on Batman.

Something about the way that this is for a "limited time only" tells me that the park themselves realise this. It's being used as a short-term gimmick to get people through the gate, but it's not going to have much of a re-ride factor or be very popular once people have satisfied their curiosity.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
This B&M backward thing is madness! But I won't complain until the finishing result. i mean, a lot of thought must of gone into this decision and with Swarm's.

nadroJ

CF Legend
This is going to be disGUSTan </3 The Batman clones are vile enough on their own, but backwards? Nah.

Martyn B

CF Legend
It's open!

thumb_image_789.jpg

thumb_image_799.jpg

From TPR.

Looks so strange...

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
I actually can't stand to look at it. Not that it looks scary but it just makes my eyes go funny. I wouldn't mind riding it, but I'm sort of glad that it will return forwards. I might of liked the change if they only of done two rows like The Swarm.

BBH

Giga Poster
Does anyone know how long this'll last? I may be able to go at the very end of the month but I'm not sure yet.

Luxornv

Mega Poster
Xpress said:
Wonder what the reasoning was for removing the last 4 seats..

They won't fit in the station otherwise. The ride experience was really awesome and disorienting. I rode it opening day in the back row, and it's quite a different experience and view. I've gotten used to it going forwards, so it was a nice change of pace. I liked it, and would recommend it to everyone else. Though I'm sure you'd still ride it even without my recommendation or if I said it sucked. I also don't think this is the full season, but no word on when they're going to change it all around.

Also, it seems a few of are near SFGAm. As it is also my home park, if you ever want to meet up there, give me a shout. If you ever happen to see a guy with a camera, and probably a tripod at the park, then that's likely me.

sparky2u

Mega Poster
A good idea but "Batman" in Reverse is not for me, it could be too intense / forcefull for some people, I have a balance problem & may struggle on "Smiler" with it's inversions. I can only do "Nemesis & it's twin at TP" twice in a row before I walk like i'm drunk.

I'll like to see "Stealth", "Cobra", "all woodies at BPB", "Megafobia" face backwards :--D