What's new

Batman in Reverse

Intricks

Strata Poster
Remember that rumor about Six Flags St. Louis doing some testing on the last two cars on Batman being reversed? Well, apparently this is actually happening up at Six Flags Great America for during their opening weekend for a limited time.

Link to the picture on someones Twitter account: https://twitter.com/renegade3113/status/292658470115758080/photo/1

Thoughts?

Actually, has this even been put elsewhere? Never bothered really to check :lol:

Intricks

Strata Poster
Read up a bit more on this, apparently B&M has designed a whole new chasis for BOTH trains. Not just certain rows.

Lets see when this opening weekend is, as this may be more important than Dollywood.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Well with this, these clones are all around 17 years old each, and may be losing some popularity, so this would be a way to bring back popularity.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Batman in reverse would be awful.

It'll be fun to see this working, but I can't imagine it'll be any fun to ride.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I cannot imagine this being very... Pleasant. But it's really, really cool they it's even a creative option. Impractical and silly, though.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Just in case there's any doubters still out there. :p

64935_10152660126780107_1011860595_n.jpg

From ACE No Coaster Con, where it was confirmed.

spicy

Giga Poster
This is going to be insane, definitely the most extreme backwards coaster ever.

I can see the appeal of swarm and Hollywood dream backwards, but this will just be vile.

Would love to give it a go but probably wouldn't do it again afterwards!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Why hasn't the park "officially" confirmed it yet? I can't be arsed to post it on the CF home page, FB or Twitter if they can't be arsed to post it on theirs.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Cause ACE got a bit of inside info. The park will eventually officially post it, but it may not happen til about March-ish, or later due to it being opening weekend only.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Turning a wooden coaster backwards is one thing. Turning Swarm and Batman backwards? *shudder*

It will be intriguing to watch, but I have my reservations.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^Thanks for posting.
So B&M is building a special chassis just for this that the current seats will attach to. Seems like a lot of work for such a limited time ride. I can't help but imagine that the park will be doing this for a limited time again (maybe Fright Fest) or that the chassis will be shipped to another Six Flags park for them to use similarly.
And let the speculation begin for the surprise that the park has in store for the time Batman will be down while they change the seats back to the forward facing position! :shock:
Sounds like multiple trips to Chicago are in store for me come May. Hixee, Taylor, anybody else down for this?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I wouldn't be surprised if it started making the rounds. Memorial Day weekend another park gets it, Fourth of July weekend another, Labor day, etc. and then Fright Fest it might make some rounds.

If it's a success and they opt to throw a backwards train on one permanently, this way they have a blueprint. Could always end up being a rotation per year, and they just bring it out the busiest weekends of the year. This just sounds so amazing to me. It could lead to some of the "tame" B&M's to get flipped to increase the intensity, and for smaller parks, it would be a much cheaper alternative to a "new" ride.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Hyde244 said:
Turning a wooden coaster backwards is one thing. Turning Swarm and Batman backwards? *shudder*

It will be intriguing to watch, but I have my reservations.

Why though? I dont quite understand the negativity this is getting when we have all essentially done this in some manner (boomerangs, spinners, zac spin).

While Namtab will be a bit more intense due to being compact, I dont think this will be as dire as some are making it out to be.