What's new

B&M Inverts, Best to Worst

Edward M

Strata Poster
If you could list all the B&Ms you have ridden best to worst, It would be great.

Mine are
Dueling Dragons- Ice
During Dragons- Fire
Batman Clones
Raptor

Haven't been on many :p .

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Our last "Best B&M Invert" discussion was June 2012. Surprising this topic didn't spring up sooner! :razz:

As always, I will still maintain the greatness of Raptor to the last.

Raptor
Great Bear
Patriot
Talon
Dragon Challenge Chinese Fireball
Dragon Challenge Hungarian Horntail
Batman
Silver Bullet

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Hmmm tough actually. I've enjoyed all of them.

I'll say:

Batman clones (love the forcefulness!)
Talon
Raptor
Great Bear
Alpengeist (fun but was kinda forceless)
Dueling Dragons (it was long ago, I don't really remember them but thought they were solid. I think Fire was better)

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Don't think I've added any new ones since the last time we had a topic like this, but anyway..

Alpengeist
Montu
Talon
Afterburn
Batman clones
Raptor
Dragon Challenge-Chinese Fireball
Dragon Challenge-Hungarian Horntail
Great Bear

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Nemesis
Batman (Madrid & SFMM)
Montu
Silver Bullet
Black Mamba
Dueling Fragons Fire
Dueling Dragons Ice
Nemesis Inferno

However putting them like this is out of context as I love B&M Inverts. The top 3 of these are in my top 5 of all time. All of these would be in the top section of my list anyway.

peep

CF Legend
OzIris
Katun
Nemesis
Monster
Montu
Black Mamba
Nemesis Inferno
Dragon Challenge
Talon
Alpengeist
Great Bear
Batman clone @ SFGAdv

marc

CF Legend
Re: B&M Inverts, Best to Worst

Nemesis
Black Mamba
Montu
Katurn
Inferno
Silver Bullet
Batman sfmm
Oziris
Dd IoA

Lofty

CF Legend
Montu.
Nemesis.
Dragon Challenge - Chinese Fireball.
Dragon Challenge - Hungarian Horntail.

That's not saying both DC are bad, they're surprisingly good little rides.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
While Dragon Challenge is a cool overall concept, I can never help but feel that I am only riding half of a ride on either coaster.

Ben

CF Legend
DC was really good when it duelled, and it didn't feel like you were doing half the coaster because there was a reason behind it, but, now... Yeah, it feels like you're only doing half of it and it's so dumb.

My list would be uhhh...

Talon
Montu
Alpengeist
Black Mamba
The Batman clones
Nemesis Inferno
Flight Deck
DC (whatever the **** Fire is)
DC (whatever Ice is)
Great Bear
Nemesis
Silver Bullet

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't like the term "best to worst" because I <3 B&M Inverts, so here's my list from "best to least best".

Nemesis
Katun
Batman (Great America)
Raptor
Inferno
Montu

I should have three more to add to this list by the end of the season.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
From best to worst:

Montu
Nemesis
Black Mamba
Batman La Fuga
Katun
Batman: The Ride, SFMM
OzIris
Nemesis Inferno
DC: Hungarian Horntail
DC: Chinese Fireball
Flight Deck
Silver Bullet

Nemesis
Afterburn
Great Bear
Alpengeist
Patriot
La Vampire
Batman: the Ride (okay so La Vampire is the same but a bit better than the Batman clones anyway)
Talon
Katun (just way too forceful for me if anyone wonders why it's so low)
Raptor
Nemesis Inferno
Silver Bullet (enjoyed it more than I thought I would though)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Copy, paste and slightly modify from an older topic, which itself was copied and pasted from the exact same topic before that:

1. Pyrennees - Fantastic coaster. It has the height, speed, length and "old school" B&M feel to it.

2. Afterburn - Where did it come from? Never heard of it before, but it was amazing. Could have benefitted from some actual mist in the tunnel though, instead of that pathetic sprinkle that was there.

3. Nemesis - Maybe it's loyalty/nostalgia, but there really is nothing else like it.

4. Katun - Best first drop of any invert I've ridden, and stupidly forceful to the point of feeling quite ill after a few rerides.

5. Black Mamba - Really good fun with excellent theming. Smooth and forceful.

6. Talon - Forceful layout with no "dead" spots at all. An excellent coaster.

7. Great Bear - Huge surprise! I've heard so many mediocre reports on it, but I thought it was excellent. The whole "dying at the end" argument left me expecting a really crappy second half, but it's literally RIGHT at the end. There's not much track left after the corkscrew anyway.

8. Alpengeist - Loved the first half. The second half was ****, especially the zero g that actually does NOTHING. End of discussion.

9. Phaethon - One of the best zero g rolls I've ridden, but the rest of the coaster is a bit bland. It's tall, long and has a nice layout, but it's just too smooth and lacks force. It's easily, along with Patriot, the most reridable of the bunch though, and one of the most enjoyable.

10. Patriot - Reminded me a lot of Phaethon, in that it's really smooth and reridable, though not particularly forceful. The zero-g ties with Phaethon's for my favourite zero g of any coaster.

11. Batman The Ride (Warner Madrid) - Yeah, they're all the same ride, but I enjoyed this one the most. Probably to do with the theming of the area and station.

12. Batman The Ride (St. Louis) - Seemed much more forceful than Great Adventure's. However, I wasn't in the best condition to judge on the day I rode it. A big apple would have felt too forceful to be honest.

13. Batman The Ride (Great Adventure) - Maybe I was expecting too much, but it did nothing for me. This was my first Batman clone, but I much preferred the two I rode after it.

14. Nemesis Inferno - I liked it a lot more last time I rode it, but it's still not as good as the ones I've listed above it.

15. Raptor - Just a bit crap to be honest when compared with all the others.