What's new

Asia Park Vietnam | Queen Cobra | Vekoma SLC

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Asia Park is the park that got most of the old Hard Rock Park rides.
The mine train and junior are open already but the Premier ferris wheel coaster and suspended coaster aren't open yet.
They are fully constructed but are planned for phase 2 of the park.

It seems the park wanted to offer more bang with phase 2 though and a few weeks ago rumours of a new suspended Vekoma coaster appeared.

Well it looks like the rumours were correct and we now have track on site.

Nang1.jpg

Nang2.jpg

Nang3.jpg

Source
Nang4.jpg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Wait, isn't that the old Vekoma track? Is this thing bought used from somewhere?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Vekoma never stopped using their old track.
I guess they still use it on rides that were designed before they came out with the newer track design.
For example The SLC's at Energylandia and Al Zawra’a Dream Park, The Boomerangs at various Fantawild, The mine train at Vinpearl All opened 2015 or later with the older track design.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Maybe Vekoma is going to test the new track on the one at Moreys, and start making them fresh after that?

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Some newer shots of the SLC at Asia Park. Rumour has it this will be the final SLC of this style. If that means a new track system or new layout I dont know.
Stefan Holtman, Vekoma's Concept Engineer, showed me their new SLC design at IAAPA and everything is new (track, layout & trains). I've asked him if he could send me the renderings he showed me, but I'm not sure if they're sharing that publicly or not.

Lofty

CF Legend
Stefan Holtman, Vekoma's Concept Engineer, showed me their new SLC design at IAAPA and everything is new (track, layout & trains). I've asked him if he could send me the renderings he showed me, but I'm not sure if they're sharing that publicly or not.
Can you describe it slightly to us?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I only got a short glimpse of it as he was going through his renderings to show me Firestorm and Bermuda Blitz, so I can't tell you much other than it's vastly different from current SLCs and looked similar to the aforementioned coasters.

TilenB

Strata Poster
I only got a short glimpse of it as he was going through his renderings to show me Firestorm and Bermuda Blitz, so I can't tell you much other than it's vastly different from current SLCs and looked similar to the aforementioned coasters.

So similar to what they've used for Battlestar Galactica in Singapore?