What's new

Apollo's Chariot Re-Creation

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Confession: I'm actually still remodifying the track. Don't get me wrong ─ I thought I was done with it but still seen room for improvement. I've thought I was done many times before but always had the knack to rework it over and polish this thing to near perfection, at least in my perspective. Like I said before though, this re-creation won't (and probably can't) ever be absolutely perfect, something I have to eventually come to terms with... but still is likely getting to be very darn close to the real life Apollo, more than ever!!

Anyway... thanks for all the patience, and stay tuned for further updates. :)

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
I always fail at recreations of rides so at the moment I would say it's look fantastic. As said it can never be perfect but I feel this will be an excellent recreation.

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
In this update:

• More terraforming
• Waterways started
• Trains on the track :)

8532053482_532a7a6fae_b.jpg

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Nemesis of oblivion said:
As said it can never be perfect but I feel this will be an excellent recreation.
I appreciate your optimism, by the way. In fact, this is a motto I'll go by from now on when working on this. Thanks.

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
A minor update, just to inform this recreation is still in development. I can't wait until I start doing the supports, then it'll really start coming to life.

fefa

Mega Poster
Is this still in process?
If not pls upload the incomplete version because I really like what I see :)

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
fefa said:
Is this still in process?
Thanks for your interest. It sure is. It's a very slow developing project though, but hopefully the end result will be worth it. To draw a parallel, if patience is key for another slow (yet interesting) development – NoLimits 2, hopefully this can be patiently waited on as well.

Regards,
Aaron

Ethan

Strata Poster
Seeing as you're putting so much effort and time into this project, Nolimits 2 may be out before this coaster! That would be great if that happened haha!

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
fefa said:
Go on then, hurry up LOL
Aside from your possibly joking manner in telling me to hurry up, I still gotta say...

More time spent = greater accuracy, smoother overall recreation, aesthetically appealing.
Less time = more flaws, rougher ride, less aesthetically appealing.

I don't want to rush it. Don't get me wrong, I'm impatient with it myself at times and wish I were already doing the support work! But I'm a little behind "schedule", having had to go back and assure every segment and vertex is placed exactly where they need to be, before I start adding in all the supports (which are affected themselves by any track remodifications). Otherwise the transitions would have been slightly awkward and a little "off" compared to what they've become. :)

Thanks,
Aaron

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Hey guys, been awhile I know. A lot of things with my personal life has slowed the progress of this, but I'm still working on it.

As a side note, it recently dawned on me why some parts of the ride, especially the helix, were so hard to "get right". The likely culprit is the chaos theory. First of all, I'm free-handing this entire recreation, so like I said before, the helix is akin to trying to draw a perfect circle, let alone a perfect, 3-dimensional upward spiral. Yikes. For example, if the first vertex of the helix isn't placed right, even just slightly off, then it throws the entire rest of the helix (or a major portion of it) way off balance. Precision, precision!

Thanks to the ones who remain patient. You guys are one of the reasons I look forward to keep working on this. :)