What's new

Amy Winehouse has a terrible voice: Yes or No

Does Amy Winehouse have a terrible voice?

• Oh god, yeah, it's horrible.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Nah, it's like an angel.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Every time I hear Amy Winehouse, I cringe.

The voice drives me insane. It's nasally, squawky and too deep for a woman. It's like a cat with a cold being hit with a cricket bat. You only have to hear her squawk "Vallllarieeeeeee" and it will turn your ear wax to concrete...fast forward this Youtube video to 01:30 (-03:09) and listen for 30 seconds.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mpBcAxfPY8[/youtube]

Tbh, I know more about her personal life thanks to tabloid newspapers than her music, but from the few I've heard, I really dislike her voice.

A mate at work reckons she has the best voice the UK has heard for a long time. He can't justify why he thinks that. Personally I reckon he's been brainwashed.

So, without posting on what she gets up to in her spare time, do you agree with me?

Does Amy Winehouse have a terrible voice?

Sam

Giga Poster
I quite like her voice.

It's by no means amazing or anywhere near the best female voice in the nation but I quite like a few of her songs.

As there isn't a "meh, it's OK option" I will vote that it's like an angel.... even though it isn't.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I like it lol, it's not the best but I think she is still pretty good and I like that song :p .

jayjay

Giga Poster
I'll agree with Sam. Unfortunately, our school doesn't do Youtube, but from what I remember she has good voice control and musical ability. She just ruins all that with a deep nasal voice.

Martyn

Giga Poster
I don't really care about her voice. I don't enjoy her music.

What irritates the hell out of me is when people say "leave her alone, she's having a hard time", when she wouldn't be having a hard time if she hadn't married a f*cking criminal, or done a load of drugs etc.
Fair enough, the media should piss off out of people's private lives, but she shouldn't be forgiven or idolised for the type of person she is.

Sam

Giga Poster
Pfft.

Fair enough she's a smackhead waster.... put at least she isn't blagging **** loads of benefits, treatments and supplimentary drugs off the NHS and government and nor is she robbing up people to pay for her habbit.

Beans

Hyper Poster
I cannot stand Amy Winehouse or Wingehouse!

He voice grinds on me alwasy change station in car if shes on

She took the "P" out of Robbie Williams at the Brits, whos she to talk, she only been around 5 mins and shes already been booked in and out of re-hab, what a hypocrite!!!

David

Mega Poster
I don't like her voice or her attitude.

I don't know why people still pay 20 odd quid to go and see her if she turns up late and then threatens the booing audience, who have every right to boo for paying decent money for a **** peformence. If a band or singer I liked did this to the fans, regardless of how good the music was, I would instantly lose all respect for them.

So to sum up her voice isn't that special and she has a real ****ing attitude problem.

Ben

CF Legend
She has a fantastic voice.

She has great control over it (when she's not off her face), it's different, it's exciting and it's just wonderful.

Rach

Giga Poster
Her voice doesn't bother me much. It is cringe worthy to listen to at times, but it is certainly not an angel voice.
What does annoy me is her 'music', it is just so lame and crap.

From the options as there is no middle option i'll go with the top option.

Richie

Hyper Poster
^ Yeah, but that's a paper :?

Everyone knows papers exaggerate a hell of a lot. Hardly a source of correct information.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
If she could sing as well as she could drink then it would be a different story. However in her inhibriated state she sounds somewhat similar to a regurgitating blender.

Emmmerrrr

Mega Poster
She's alright. I like a couple of her songs but her voice is a bit like wtf.

I can't believe Andrew Lloyd Webber thinks she's the best singer that's been around for a while, she may be good, but not that good.

Slacky

Mega Poster
Since her single 'Valerie' is a cover of The Zutons, since the singer of the Zutons wrote it, it means that the singer get £200 everytime it is played, which is good because I like The Zutons.

Jake

Strata Poster
I don't like her. She isn't bad, a nice novelty and everything, but all her songs sound the same.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I'm not really a fan of her, her tone of voice, or any of her 'own' music.

But for some strange reason, that cover of Valarie works really well.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I quite like her voice. It's unique, so I can easily tell it's her when I hear her.

Valerie happens to be my favourite song of hers (even though she didn't write it), and Back to Black is pretty good too.

But I wouldn't consider her to be the best singer out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.