What's new

Alton Towers Water Park Pass Price Rise.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Although it's only been available for a month, the Alton Towers Water Park pass has now gone up. From £39 to a staggering £65!

This is almost the cost of an annual pass for the park itself! AP owners do get a 20% discount, but it's still a massive increase!

Source- Towers Times, where else?
http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/news/news.php

spicy

Giga Poster
Wow, £65 just for Cariba Creek? Thats insane.

Who would buy one of these anyway? Unless you live near by and go to AT just for the waterpark but I can't imagine thats a huge amount of people.

Also, they definitely need to expand and add some more waterslides to justify charging that much. Its only £68 for a Thorpe or CWoA pass!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Family_Furie bought them :)

It's less in petrol to go to Cariba Creek for us than it is for us all to get into the local swimming pool, and obviously it's much better at Cariba Creek :)

They do need new stuff adding though. Will be cracking in the summer - nip out there after work and spend a few hours lounging around :)

Steven

Giga Poster
It is a lot but I think next year they will add something and this is there way of getting the money.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
My God! Shocking!

I think they're really trying to boost publicity on the waterpark this year. Would make sense with the British tourist industry supposedly having a great boost this year. They now have maps of it outside the park don't they? And it says Alton Towers Waterpark instead of Cariba Creek, which, I presonally think, would be much more marketable. Dunno if that's an official name change though or just a description.

Me and my friend are staying over at Splash Landings, and got told with my annual pass that we can get two days worth of waterpark for £11.20 each! Thought that was pretty good, but £65 for annual waterpark-ness? And at that massive increase! I'm pretty certain that was the Alton Towers annual pass price last year.

N out of curiosity furie, how far from Alton do you live? You seem to be so close!

I envy you.

Ollie

CF Legend
^I thought if you stayed in the Hotels you got unlimited free access to the water park?

That's a stupid price for a swimming pool as well and the increase is huge.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
They have different packages. We just got the 'room only' package because it's cheapest, which is basically room and breakfast.

But you can get packages including swimming, golf, tea, theme park etc. We just tried to get it down to as cheap as possible.

EDIT: ^ sorry matey, got beaten to it!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
They'd probably let you in Benin, they're a bit slack on the desk down there :)

Bezzzzzer, I live 18 miles away I think it is, it's between thirty minutes and forty-five minutes drive (depending on Tractors).

You get an AP discount if you want to swim too using a Merlin Pass.

The Water Park is good, but not £65 good. You'd have to go six time to make it worthwhile, and that's really pushing value to be honest. We'll go more than that, but only because the £39 deal was so good. Won't be renewing next year...