What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

the king

Mega Poster
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

For some reason I feel this spinning track will be more than a giant washing machine. With the space of the underground section, the spinning section could slide across or even lower itself down with some special effects going on around it. And with the possible lap bars, I can see it being very popular and fun.

Martyn B

CF Legend

If this washing machine element is happpening, I'd be confident that the trains wont have lapbars.

Nic

Strata Poster

furie said:
It's just some kind of sentinel I think. Slayed hit it with the War of the Worlds/Tripods thing. It's a menacing guardian overlooking the crowds being dragged into the experimentation chambers against their will, like cattle to the slaughter.

It's just meant to be imposing...
Agreed. This is a theory I completely subscribe to, which is why I was pointing out the major flaw in an opposing one

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Hey. you know X sector is going to be closed during febuary-Half term week next year. Possible refurb of X Sector??

RobJackson85

Roller Poster

Martyn B said:
If this washing machine element is happpening, I'd be confident that the trains wont have lapbars.

I know we don't fully know the manufacturer, but, wasn't the X-Car demonstrated on a similar style of track, with lap bars showing how comfortable they could be?

Nic

Strata Poster

^Please don't! You'll start them off the their "G-Force sliced me in half and means I can't have babies anymore" rants. Just eat some more pies, then the restraints are perfectly comfy! :p

nealbie

CF Legend

Don't be silly Vadge, I'm bigger than you, in both respects, and they're really really not.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster

First thing I thought of when I saw those new plans:

simcity2000-4.gif

Big fan of the bricked-window look. Properly ominous stuff, and not out of place in X-Sector. The spider should be pretty great if they get those LCD panels displaying something similarly 1984.

Also interesting is, being the goon that I am, and after having spent more time than strictly necessary poring over them - I did notice that it does a Saw, inasmuch that the lift starts on the ground level and the station is on the floor above. Except, in this case, the bit of the building that could actually contain the station doesn't appear to have the room to allow for a 180° turn to drop down, or at least is very poorly organised to allow it, given the track seems to head straight straight into the middle of the space from the brake-run.

What that means exactly is a matter of arduous debate, but I thought it interesting nonetheless.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

RobJackson85 said:
Martyn B said:

I know we don't fully know the manufacturer, but, wasn't the X-Car demonstrated on a similar style of track, with lap bars showing how comfortable they could be?

If you desire the video: http://www.maurer-rides.de/x-coaster/x-car/

..Which leads me further to theorize a maurer - X Train:

-The configuration fits with the aforementioned arrangement
-Maurer is perfectly capable of the "Washing machine element" and the aberrant layout
-The track seemed Maurer - esque on the plans

When did we rule out B&M though? Compact Floorless coaster trains (Like the pictures on the previous page)?

Personally, I adored HRRR, so if this anywhere close the experience (with on board audio tracks please) then I'll be more than content.

Anyway...with the stereotypical image of the beer - bellied Brit who'll complain? :wink:

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Apparently ride hardware is at Alton Towers. And rumours that track could be on site. Found on towerstimes

Ben

CF Legend

Nic said:
^Please don't! You'll start them off the their "G-Force sliced me in half and means I can't have babies anymore" rants. Just eat some more pies, then the restraints are perfectly comfy! :p

G Force is legit horrid though, they noticed it because they've sorted out the tightening problem for their newer rides, which are really fun.

So, shush.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

The reason its not a B&M is cost. You couldn't get one that long with the money. Let alone with trick track, provided likely by someone else, and theming. There's no reason to go to them for this when so many other companies do all the elements "better" and cheaper. If even Busch didn't use B&M for V-bolt, no one else would for anything off their catalogue these days.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Oh, hi ride manufacturer discussion, we've missed you these last 100 pages where it has already been done to death.

Until we see track (and even then if it's new track it may not solve it), we will not know who the manufacturer 100% is. There's very little point speculating at all. The documents say Gerstlauer, which is the only "solid" evidence we have so far. There's also a chance for MS or perhaps Premier. Beyond that, unless it's a completely different ride system and train type, it's going to be one of those three and every argument that says it could be MS also fits Gerstlauer - so you lean towards the evidence you have until new evidence proves it wrong.

Can we please just stop retreading the ground?

Gazza

Giga Poster

-The track seemed Maurer - esque on the plans
The track in the plans is Schwartzkopf. The person who did that drawing exported 3ds from No Limits using the construction kit (Which only supports track types from the original NL, no eurofighters or x-cars)
When you zoomed in on the PDFs you could see typical NL details like the generic vertical column support.

Wish people would stop bloody posting that it's Mauerer track in the drawing when its Schwarzkopf, and only an illustration anyway.

Nic

Strata Poster

Ploddish said:
First thing I thought of when I saw those new plans:

simcity2000-4.gif
Plod, you're a legend! <3

Oh, and as for that rumour about track arriving - someone saw an empty lorry. Big deal. It's far more likely that it was delivering temporary fencing for the fireworks event.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

If there still is any doubt, I can confirm that this is made by Gerstlauer.
I spoke with Gerstlauer at EAS where they confirmed it, in fact I have an interview with them, but the sound is pretty bad so I haven't uploaded it.

Kebab

Giga Poster

If this is definately Gerstlauer, this won't be the traditional Euro-Fighter. It'll either be a completely new type, or the same style as Anubis/Dare Devil Dive, the shaping seems more complimentary to those. This is just me purely speculating however, can't wait to see this start going up!

Ethan

Strata Poster

TheCoasterCruiser said:
If there still is any doubt, I can confirm that this is made by Gerstlauer.
I spoke with Gerstlauer at EAS where they confirmed it, in fact I have an interview with them, but the sound is pretty bad so I haven't uploaded it.

Quoted just in case you're lying ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.