What's new

Alton Towers | Nemesis Reborn | B&M Retrack | 2024

Archie

Mega Poster
What was it Dolores Umbridge said about 'Progress for progress' sake must be avoided'?

Probably just my natural pessimism and mortal fear of change, but I'm not happy. I shall be riding the hell out of Nemesis this year, if anyone wants to join me :p
don't worry I'm there all year

wondering if Alton will auction off some of the used track pieces and old bits to enthusiasts
or use them as additional scenery, personally i want them to interlock the old loop piece with corkscrews track at the entrance as a memorial to the original

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
don't worry I'm there all year

wondering if Alton will auction off some of the used track pieces and old bits to enthusiasts
or use them as additional scenery, personally i want them to interlock the old loop piece with corkscrews track at the entrance as a memorial to the original
Oh my god wouldn't that just be amazing? Or you know how the station has track that morphs into the creatures tendrils? Imagine if they added in more of those around the ride area.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Melt the track down and then use it for the new track.

World's first roller coaster made from itself anyone?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
What was it Dolores Umbridge said about 'Progress for progress' sake must be avoided'?

Probably just my natural pessimism and mortal fear of change, but I'm not happy. I shall be riding the hell out of Nemesis this year, if anyone wants to join me :p
Replying to you Will but Q is for anyone who knows.
It will definitely be operating this year right? This is due to start end of season if approved?

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Melt the track down and then use it for the new track.

World's first roller coaster made from itself anyone?
That would actually be a really cool green initiative. At very least, the next B&M could contain melted down old track.

Archie

Mega Poster
Replying to you Will but Q is for anyone who knows.
It will definitely be operating this year right? This is due to start end of season if approved?
very likely, the planning permission will take a while and the track pieces need to be fabricated anyway

DelPiero

Strata Poster
very likely, the planning permission will take a while and the track pieces need to be fabricated anyway
Likely indeed, but good to get confirmation if there is one, depends on what needs doing, if they will be shoring up foundations it could be a long project.

snakerights

Roller Poster
Likely indeed, but good to get confirmation if there is one, depends on what needs doing, if they will be shoring up foundations it could be a long project.
I think it's gonna have to take a season and a half at least; given that every support will need re-fixed to the footers and I know from workers at towers that the footers on Nemesis are *ahem* not in great shape. I can see a lot of space for delays if / as they find further things that need worked on.

Archie

Mega Poster
I think it's gonna have to take a season and a half at least; given that every support will need re-fixed to the footers and I know from workers at towers that the footers on Nemesis are *ahem* not in great shape. I can see a lot of space for delays if / as they find further things that need worked on.
not surprised about the support footers to be honest, especially since a lot to them are on steep rock faces and have to cope with a lot of strain

Will

Strata Poster
This could actually be tied in very nicely with the original legend - after 28 years, the creature attempts to break free again, causes chaos in the process and requires urgent recontainment.

Can't see them paying what that would cost to do well, but it's still a nice daydream :)

Disco Lumberjack

Roller Poster
I wouldn't be too concerned about losing the OG trains. Vests require quite a bit more horizontal space which results in a larger clearance envelope. They would need to reevaluate the clearance envelope for the entire ride path and likely make adjustments in a few places. If they do buy new trains, I'm sure they'll be according to the OG design. B&M clearly still offers them as shown by Monster at Grona Lund.
Do you think they would be pretty much identical or more like the ones on Nemesis Inferno? I ask because there are a few aesthetic differences between them at the very least - and my experience has been that I consistently need a big person seat on Inferno but don't with Nemesis. I'd really love to not need to ask for a specific seat every time I ride it.

spicy

Giga Poster
Do you think they would be pretty much identical or more like the ones on Nemesis Inferno? I ask because there are a few aesthetic differences between them at the very least - and my experience has been that I consistently need a big person seat on Inferno but don't with Nemesis. I'd really love to not need to ask for a specific seat every time I ride it.

If they get new trains then they will be Inferno style.

Don’t think any Invert coaster has had the OG style trains since the 90’s.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
What is the actual difference between Inferno's and the original's trains? I've looked at photos for reference but can't seem to spot any differences? (Apart from size)

Disco Lumberjack

Roller Poster
What is the actual difference between Inferno's and the original's trains? I've looked at photos for reference but can't seem to spot any differences? (Apart from size)
I noticed the back of the seats look a little different, I'm finding it hard to get good pictures of them as most pictures are understandably from the front. As I recall Nemesis has more of a boxy frame behind the seat whereas Inferno doesn't.

Edit: I looked at some POVs, the difference is fairly minor actually, Nemesis seems to have a bar connecting the seats at the bottom whereas Nemesis Inferno does not.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-03-24 14-54-57.png
    Screenshot from 2022-03-24 14-54-57.png
    555.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot from 2022-03-24 14-54-23.png
    Screenshot from 2022-03-24 14-54-23.png
    694.5 KB · Views: 39

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Size of seats for one thing 🙈😂

And the size of the belt

Like others above, At the end of last season I could close my own restraint and get the belt in on Nemesis, on Inferno and Mamba I needed assistance.

I really hope the newer ones aren’t lighter!!!