What's new

Alton Towers | Nemesis Reborn | B&M Retrack | 2024

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Laws of Goonism 101 - All coaster retrack discussions MUST inevitably conclude with the age old ā€œis it a new cred?ā€ debate.
giphy.gif

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
To me, if the entirety of the track is removed Hulk-Style i would consider it a new coaster. Steel coasters do not tend to get retracked on that scale and in Hulk's case it was literally torn down to be built again. Honestly though its trivial and like i could easily see why people woulnd't count it.

i305_zack

Mega Poster
When there are no changes in tracklayout and elements, for me it is NOT a new credit.
Or do you think that a woodencoaster is a new credit too after a full retrack?
See thatā€™s a good point, if you count it as a new credit, aye man go for it! I have some interesting opinions as well, like I included Harley Quinn crazy coaster in my credits

Swat

Mega Poster
I can see them opening until early into the season next year, use it as a means to boost visitors before the events kick in. It shouldnt take a whole full year to retrack surely?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I can see them opening until early into the season next year, use it as a means to boost visitors before the events kick in. It shouldnt take a whole full year to retrack surely?
If no new foundations need to be laid, then it's going to be rather quick.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Does make it sound like it's ā€Šnot returning to those without context. Presumably they have a long term plan with the marketing and such, but yeah, found that striking.
Yes, me too.

No hint whatsoever at it coming back from that media.

Matt N

CF Legend
I reckon the marketing for the retrack will focus on something along the lines of ā€œwe tried to tame the Nemesis monster, but it put up a tougher fight than weā€™d forecast, so itā€™s sticking around with newly strengthened defencesā€ or something like that. This seems to be building up to the retrack being marketed as a new attraction in some capacity, so Iā€™d be surprised if they didnā€™t say something like that to justify why the ride was closed in the first place.

Iā€™ll admit that Alton Towersā€™ announcement makes its closure sound very permanent, thoughā€¦ are we 100% sure that the parkā€™s plans havenā€™t changed? I know they most likely havenā€™t, but Iā€™m somewhat confused by the way theyā€™ve announced this closure.

spicy

Giga Poster
This seems to be building up to the retrack being marketed as a new attraction in some capacity, so Iā€™d be surprised if they didnā€™t say something like that to justify why the ride was closed in the first place.

Yes I think this will definitely be announced as a new attraction for the season when it reopens.

A bit like when Vampire reopened it was marketed as being ā€œnewā€ after being closed for a season to add new trains:

Swat

Mega Poster
Going off the themeing style of the announcement, we can probably expect Sub Terra to be open next year with a new/adjusted storyline around the building site