What's new

Alton Towers | Nemesis Reborn | B&M Retrack | 2024

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I mean, it got a shocked face from Will, who still lives in 1994 and worships B&M like they’re gods, and the creators of all… With Nemesis being their 1st wonder of the world.

And an Angry face from Crash, who is, well he’s Crash haha.

Chill out Matt, you’re entitled to an opinion, and they’re entitled to oppose it. Neither of them are shy about expressing theirs, and neither of them expect you to be shy about expressing your own… They clearly don’t agree is all…
The angry face was simply because I was triggered that he likes Oblivion more than Nemesis - Oblivion is my 7th favourite coaster at the park, and in my opinion very overrated. The reaction was simply to show difference in opinion. Obviously, I'm not actually p*ssed off and everyone's entitled to their own opinion but I can't say I didn't question Matt's Towers rankings.

Matt N

CF Legend
The angry face was simply because I was triggered that he likes Oblivion more than Nemesis - Oblivion is my 7th favourite coaster at the park, and in my opinion very overrated. The reaction was simply to show difference in opinion. Obviously, I'm not actually p*ssed off and everyone's entitled to their own opinion but I can't say I didn't question Matt's Towers rankings.
Fair enough! I personally love Oblivion because I think the drop provides phenomenal airtime (as well as the nice little bonus moment before the brakes), the sense of speed in the tunnel is absolutely unrivalled, and while it's short, it leaves me with a huge smile on my face and a huge urge to reride every time, which are the two most important metrics for me when rating a ride! Admittedly, Oblivion would rank higher for me if it wasn't so short, but that's a minor bugbear for me; I think it uses its length phenomenally!

However, if you're seeking something a bit more substantial in length, I understand why you might not overly like Oblivion. It's certainly a ride that's grown on me over time as opposed to one I loved instantly.

Do you not like short rides @CrashCoaster? Or does something else about Oblivion bother you?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
No offence meant Crash, couldn’t think of a funny way to explain your dislike, so making reference back to your earlier cf days was the only joke I could come up with.

But yeh, that’s exactly how I’d have taken it, as a quick way of saying you disagree without having to come up with a post just to say ‘I disagree.’

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
This is going to count as a new cred, right?
Up to you 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ll wait and see how much changes, new track AND different trains, and I’m definitely counting it again. As the ride experience will change.

New track and the old trains, or identical ‘old style’ trains and I don’t think I’ll count it.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Up to you 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ll wait and see how much changes, new track AND different trains, and I’m definitely counting it again. As the ride experience will change.

New track and the old trains, or identical ‘old style’ trains and I don’t think I’ll count it.
It's not just new track though, the supports are also being replaced and the footers worked on. New trains I would assume are likely, as surely if the ride structure has reached the end of its service life, then the trains must have too?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
It's not just new track though, the supports are also being replaced and the footers worked on. New trains I would assume are likely, as surely if the ride structure has reached the end of its service life, then the trains must have too?
Same brake run, station pre lift and lift hill though, so not even all of the track

And I don't count The Big One as a new cred now.

For me personally I think I will base it on the ride experience, if it feels the same, then I won't count it. But I'm expecting it to feel different, in which case I will.

That's the beauty of counting, there are no right or wrongs :)

Let's leave this can of worms unopened, shall we...

Filthy, dirty whores :D

Too late mate, Tin opener is dirty, in the sink waiting to be washed.

Niles

Giga Poster
🤔 So I have a hypothetical:

So a lot of Nemesis is being removed, say a park (A) bought those old bits and bought new parts to fill in the gaps.

Then say Alton towers does what they are doing and go ahead with the re-track, but once built Alton closes and sell Nemesis to another park (B)

Where is Nemesis? A or B
Or are they two new creds and Nemesis is dead.
Or are they both Nemesis 😅

How I decide if it’s a new cred is if 100% of the track is changed at once, otherwise it’s just part of that coasters story, so for me Nemi has had a face lift and is not a new cred.

However this does not help with my hypothetical, by my logic both coasters are kinda Nemesis so…..
1649536206501.png

Last edited:

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
Speaking of angry faces...

I wouldn't mind if Nemesis got the vest restraint trains. Quite liked them on Banshee.
I have to admit that i personally hope it doesn't, i haven't ridden an invert with them, but i find them so restrictive. It neutered Valravn for me bad, and a lot of the time it feels so tight and even painful.

I don't know if they'd would go ahead, i feel a lot of enthusiasts would rage. I feel the OG restraints are innoffensive as possible anyways.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
I have to admit that i personally hope it doesn't, i haven't ridden an invert with them, but i find them so restrictive. It neutered Valravn for me bad, and a lot of the time it feels so tight and even painful.

I don't know if they'd would go ahead, i feel a lot of enthusiasts would rage. I feel the OG restraints are innoffensive as possible anyways.
They can be tight but they give your upper body more visual freedom. The old style feels more claustrophobic around ones head.