What's new

Alton Towers | Nemesis Reborn | B&M Retrack | 2024

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Isn't the distance between rows greater on the newer style trains? Purely anecdotal I know, but I can put my feet on the back of the row in front on Nemesis, I can't on Inferno and other newer models. I wonder if Vests would require this bigger gap. If so, hypothetically speaking, the station would need to be lengthened or we'd lose a row of seats.

Banshee has vests and 8 rows too, I wonder if the train is longer overall, and if so, by how much? Certainly looks to have wider gaps between rows compared to Nemesis.

Archie

Mega Poster
I get an immediate negative reaction to that. There's something about multicolour tracks that I find off-putting.
@Matt N said on towersstreet that he knows a reliable source who speculates that this is the most likley colour configuration with black track, grey supports and finer details done in red

Matt N

CF Legend
@Matt N said on towersstreet that he knows a reliable source who speculates that this is the most likley colour configuration with black track, grey supports and finer details done in red
My source was a post in this thread. I believe they were referring to there being blood splatters and such on the track.

I think that colour scheme looks really cool myself!

That's an absolutely exceptional recreation of Nemesis, by the way!
EDIT - It was this post by @Jared I was referring to:
The track is set to be black, with dark grey supports. I’ve heard of the track featuring ‘red highlights’ as part of the install. So I’d assume a similar touch to that of the original Nemesis with the rust effect.

Archie

Mega Poster
My source was a post in this thread. I believe they were referring to there being blood splatters and such on the track.

I think that colour scheme looks really cool myself!

That's an absolutely exceptional recreation of Nemesis, by the way!
EDIT - It was this post by @Jared I was referring to:
oh i didn't make this it was made by someone called Loakin, i just recoloured the track

cocoa

Mega Poster
they should have blood trickle from fountains on top of the track into the ponds below. aquatrax 2.0 coming up

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
Didn't someone on here already say that the red on the track would be more akin to a rust effect? Pretty sure that according to TowersTimes it should be ruby red rather than bright red, so it wouldn't necessarily be as much of a bright eyesore as people are thinking from that precreation.

Last edited:

catsounds

Mega Poster
Didn't someone on here already say that the red on the track would be more akin to a rust effect? Pretty sure that according to TowersTimes it should be ruby red rather than bright red, so it wouldn't necessarily be as much of a bright eyesore as people are thinking from that precreation.
Yeah we've already seen the track at the factory painted jet black (and already glossy) so i can't see the track being anything else but that unless it's red rust/blood effects that get added on site

jasone

Roller Poster
Yeah we've already seen the track at the factory painted jet black (and already glossy) so i can't see the track being anything else but that unless it's red rust/blood effects that get added on site

Yeah i agree, and i really hope they don't go overboard on the red splats if that is the case. A little bit could look great, or applied in certain areas. I'd love to see the sections where it dips closer to the red water have more rust/splats on it, then the higher parts remaining pretty black. Almost as though the blood water has splashed the track at its lowest points.

With the speculation about the colour, i've really started to think what Alton towers might do to market the relaunch. They did such a great job with the closing, I hope they really pull it out the bag in 2024. I'd absolutely love to see them do another comic book, a part two to the original comic, and possibly relaunch them as a set. It'd be great merch too, and if they introduce a pre show or anything it could tie in.... I can hope.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Bit late to the discussion but yes I'd be up for vest restraints too.

Really like them on Banshee. They're a lot more spacious around the neck and shoulders.

Matt N

CF Legend
A trademark has today been filed for Nemesis Reborn… could that be a new name for Nemesis?

To be honest, I don’t mind that name. I had a suspicion that it might reopen with some kind of moniker (similar to “Colossos: Kampf der Giganten), and as monikers go, that’s quite a good one; it certainly rolls off the tongue!
Source: https://towersstreet.com/talk/threa...ion-and-speculation.5260/page-178#post-401053