What's new

Alton Towers | Nemesis Reborn | B&M Retrack | 2024

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
Another area of improvement for me would be a total overhaul of the station.

Make it look more fearsome and less cartoony; maybe something like a Xenomorph from Alien. It's long slimy, dark tentacles shoot off from the station building and all around/between areas of the track like it is truly tangled and in chaos.

They need to add the Bose Wave Cannons to the ceiling like Nemesis inferno had, and an epic lighting package in there and it would be so cool.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Do they make all B&M track now? I understood their European installations were fabricated in Europe?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Do they make all B&M track now? I understood their European installations were fabricated in Europe?
Many many years ago the European rides were made at the old Giovanola factory in Switzerland. However at some point it seems all ride fabrication was switched to Clermont.

Matt N

CF Legend
Confirmed the track is black!
First look at the track code IC-Dr aswell
Where did you see the track code in those photos, out of interest? I can’t see it, although I could simply be looking in the wrong place… if you’ve seen IC-DR, though, then it’s Nemesis for sure. @roomraider et al ascertained that that was the Nemesis retrack’s track code a while back…

If this is Nemesis, black is an intriguing colour choice. It could look quite stylish when it’s up, but the thought of Nemesis being anything other than white/earth coloured currently feels a bit strange…

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster

Video posted that account actually shows one of the labels at the end. It appears to be on an unpainted piece of track, so there a minimal chance the black track isn’t Nemesis, but it’s almost definitely Nemesis:
111518CF-E918-4E1C-B5D0-A7ADA2FDE9D0.jpeg

Last edited:

Changa

Mega Poster
Has there been any work on the station so far (scaffolding etc)? The station track staying the same would remove the opportunity to rebuild the station along with it, so there's no real incentive for them to modify the theming. Though, imo, that's the weakest part about the ride as it was.

spicy

Giga Poster
Not sure about Nemesis having black track at all, the white rusted track colour was so unique and original will be missed.

AT will now have Nemesis, Thirteen, Smiler, Oblivion all in black.

Peet

Giga Poster
I wouldn't call it "comfirmed" just yet - the original track was delivered grey and painted on-site at Alton Towers so they might do the same again.

Matt N

CF Legend
I wouldn't call it "comfirmed" just yet - the original track was delivered grey and painted on-site at Alton Towers so they might do the same again.
If you look closely, you may notice that the ends of the track are painted grey, suggesting that the black is the final coat.

Also, the black paint has had gloss applied, which would suggest it is a final coat rather than a primer coat.

spicy

Giga Poster
Well I hope they add some more colour to it rather than the usual black track & black supports that we have seen a hundred times before.

Merlin do like a black coaster: Swarm, Saw, Oblivion, Thirteen, Smiler, Krake, Raptor & now Nemesis.

Ironically their only white coaster was named Oblivion: The Black Hole

I guess they are also going to have to repaint Nemesis lift hill and brake run black as they aren’t being retracked.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
This is clearly dividing opinion, but I'm firmly in the (potentially) loving-it camp. I know Alton Towers, indeed Merlin, already have an abundance of black coasters, but come on, Nemesis - but black and shiny? F*** yeah! Especially if they do go for red rails and grey supports. Reckon that's gonna look right sexy, me, and I'm totally here for it. 👍
And besides. I can't help feeling that if Nemesis mkII turned up in 2024 with exactly the same rusted, pseudo-tatty paint job as the old one, then fans and gp alike would be losing their sh*t over how little effort had been put into the re-imagination. I can see the social media comments already - "Could've at least painted it ffs!" says Karen from Facebook.
Nah man, as far as I'm concerned, they can't not give it a new paint job,

Matt N

CF Legend
I have to say that that does look very cool... I think black track could look really stylish, even if it had black supports as well! Those red supports do look much nicer than I'd expected, in fairness... if the ride looks like that in 2024, I'll be happy!

I have seen concerns raised with regard to how black track would fit the theme. I have an idea; perhaps the black track could be the steel pinning the monster down and the red supports could be the monster's bloody tentacles, reaching to try and dismantle it?

Alton Towers themselves say that the track is the steel pinning the monster down, so that might work. As per their website:
Alton Towers said:
The Legend of Nemesis
Nemesis comes from another dimension, a dimension beyond our imagination! Deep beneath the ground at Alton Towers Resort lived a strange being…

After being disturbed during maintenance, the monster that lay dormant was unleashed, wreaking havoc on the surrounding area. The Phalanx immediately launched their extreme security division to pin down the creature and disable it.

It took 250 tones of steel, bent and twisted around the monster, to hold it down. We converted the steel that imprisons the creature into the tangled roller coaster you see here today.

The monster of the Forbidden Valley is dormant once again - but there’s no knowing when it’ll next break free. Was that g-force you felt? Or something sinister from much deeper beneath the ground?
Source: https://www.altontowers.com/explore/theme-park/rides-attractions/nemesis/