What's new

Alton pass hotel question

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Just a quick question, can you get into the alton hotel and/or swimming pool with annual pass, or does everyone have to pay? If so, planning trip and will stay there overnight.

If not, is there any price deduction saving thing with annual pass?

Ollie

CF Legend
You used to get in free with an annual pass but I think you just get a discount now. When you stay in either hotel you get free access to the waterpark I think.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
There's a 10% discount on the hotel with an annual pass, and a 20% discount on water park entry. So no, not free.

The water park is also not covered on all hotel rooms - there's a surcharge on cheap rooms.

If you're doing it, you need to get a full room to bring the cost down.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Can I ask a partially related question? There appears to be a viewing deck of some sort over the water park where you can take photos from (Eg like this), is that in the paid part of the water park, or can anybody wander up there to have a look?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Yes. You can view the waterpark from the bar...well that's where I would notice it!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
That viewing deck is the walkway between the Splash Landings Hotel and the Alton Towers Hotel Gazza. It's actually contained inside the pool area, high up. There's a net type, but you can put a camera between holes. I don't think you're supposed to take photos though...

Ollie

CF Legend
There's also a few window round the edge that you can see in from hallways in the Splash Landings. Like Ian said there's a big window in the lobby/bar of the Splash Landings where you can see in.

spicy

Giga Poster
furie said:
There's a 10% discount on the hotel with an annual pass, and a 20% discount on water park entry.

Its 20% discount on a hotel room with an annual pass, don't know about the water park though.

So make sure you get your 20% off and you get 20% off anything you buy within the hotels, food, drink, even your bill in the secret garden restaurant!

I worked out the savings I made last time I went for 3 nights with my AP was actually more than I paid for the room! :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It may have just been a 10% discount for our very cheap room in Feb then? Or maybe not :lol:

20% off in the bar was dangerous... Ask Rach or Mushroom! :lol:

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Oh that's disappointing. And WHOA I just checked prices... 100 quid a night? Ripoff. Not staying there will stay for free and my uncle's in tamworth.
I want to go to the waterpark sometime though.