What's new

Alpine Coasters

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Those are a very obvious "coaster". You look at it and there's no doubt in your mind that's what it is. I know it's not a fact or anything, but that's why Autosleds are clearly a coaster when the alpine ones aren't.

Darren B

Giga Poster
I think the best way to determine wether it is classed as a coaster is down to the manafacturer. If they label it as a coaster and it has the characteristics of one, then it is. A prime example of this is Cobra at CWOA, it has the characteristics of a rollercoaster, however the manufacturer labels it in the 'flat' category, and we are happy with that. On the other hand we have the Intamin half-pipe, very similar to the Disk-O, but labelled as a coaster by the manufacturer, again, we accept that. So the alpine disccusion works in the same way for me, If the manufacturer wants to label in either category, we should accept this, especially as they would have a valid argument either way.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
^ It's because guests can control the speed and eventually there would be someone that got really scared and braked too hard to make it up the incline and they would have a serious issue, at least here in the lawsuit prone society that is the US.

Intricks

Strata Poster
I swear Alvey did a video of one in Utah that has a complete uphill into a helix down area, as well as a few more hills.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Yesterday, one kid took around 6 minutes to complete a ride which is about 1 minute long, if you don't brake :p

It really looked funny