What's new

Alabama Splash Adventure getting new coaster in 2019?

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. I was just having a read through Screamscape when I found this:
Screamscape said:
2019 - New Attraction - Rumor - (8/29/18) No telling if this latest rumor is true or not, but a reader sent in a new rumor about Alabama Splash Adventure, claiming that the park may be looking into obtaining a good sized used steel coaster for a future expansion, possibly a Vekoma SLC style.
This would be a good fit for the park, if you ask me! They could use another decent size steel coaster from the looks of things!
P.S. Sorry if this already has a thread. Also, here's the Screamscape link: http://www.screamscape.com/html/alabama_splash_adventure.htm

Matt N

CF Legend
Apparently the SLC rumor is dead per Screamscape.
But they still want a coaster for next year, apparently. Apparently they're hosting the GTAs next year and Screamscape says that they might want something new for the crowds to try out...

I just had a thought. Could this be where the Chance Rides track spotted going East in Ohio was headed, by any chance?

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Alabama is slightly west of Ohio. Though now that I think about it, something like a Chance Hyperlite would be a perfect addition to the park and it would compliment Rampage nicely.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
But they still want a coaster for next year, apparently. Apparently they're hosting the GTAs next year and Screamscape says that they might want something new for the crowds to try out...

I just had a thought. Could this be where the Chance Rides track spotted going East in Ohio was headed, by any chance?

I see what you did there. ;)

I hope Alabama Adventure gets something soon, because as much as the park is in good hands, it needs a headliner again.

Matt N

CF Legend
According to Screamscape, Alabama Adventure probably isn't getting a coaster in 2019 and aren't hosting the GTAs, either. But they are apparently getting something next year, so we'll have to stay tuned!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Alabama is slightly west of Ohio. Though now that I think about it, something like a Chance Hyperlite would be a perfect addition to the park and it would compliment Rampage nicely.

*Looks at map*

giphy.gif