What's new

Air's station

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
HI.

I was just wondering if there's any particular reason that the air station was designed so that the train comes back into the opposite station to the one you left from?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If the system starts with two in the station (denoted by []) and one on the brakes (denoted by ()), with none out on the circuit (denoted by {}):
[1] [2] { }
(3)

And then the first train is dispatched, the third train will go into the free side of the station:
[3] [2] {1}
( )

Assuming now that train two is dispatched before train three (it's been waiting longer), so the free side is now on the right, while train one is on the brakes.
[3] [ ] {2}
(1)

Therefore train one pulls into the opposite side of the station to where it started.

Repeat this process and the train will always end up in the opposite side to the one it started on.

EDIT: That is assuming, of course, that the newest train into the station only departs after the train that was in the station when it pulled has dispatched. Providing nothing major happens (disabled guest, vomit, etc), I'd imagine this is pretty common.

EDIT 2: Those little numbers in brackets things aren't as clear as I was hoping they would be. I can make a better picture if needs be.