What's new

Airport for Liseberg?

nadroJ

CF Legend
What airport do I have to fly into for Liseberg? I'm just doing a little pre-planning for the Liseberg CFLive in September and there are two Stockholm airports, just need a little clarification.

Cheers =]

A

Anonymous

Well if you flew to any of the Stockholm airports then you have to take a 3-4 hour train ride to get to Liseberg :D

Go for the Gothenburg City Airport and have a short bus trip to the park.

I really hope that the "Moderators Management Team" open up a Liseberg Live topic soon so that these things can be properly discussed...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Try Gothenburg first my dear ;)

Guaranteed to get you closer to Liseberg, which is in, erm, Gothenburg :p

Unless there's a reason you're heading to the other side of the country?

We flew into whichever one Ryanair flew us to (which was probably the moon knowing Ryanair, but if it's within 120,000 miles (give or take a light year) they'll claim it as local).

We got a bus which cost about a fiver and took around half an hour to get into the city centre. Liseberg is about a 15 minute walk from the station.

Edit - Damn, took too long to write that didn't I?

nadroJ

CF Legend
Oh right, Gothenburg, I swear I looked it up before and it was Stockholm? Oh well, thanks guys =D

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Gah... why do I always have to be far, far away during the CF trips to a place somewhat near where I live?

A

Anonymous

I would guess that you are staying over night (especially since night riding at Liseberg is something you don't want to miss), then you have the option to take the early train to Stockholm the day after and spend a few hours at Gröna Lund (season finale) before flying back to the UK from Skavsta airport.

Jake

Strata Poster
When I went with Kir in 2006 the busses were really irregular so we got a cab straight to the park... mainly as we were going to the park that day and didn't want to waste time faffing. It's more than the bus, but if you've got a few people sharing it's not too bad!

A

Anonymous

Last year i flew into Gothenburg Landvetter with SAS from London Heathrow if thats any help, the bus (flgbussarna or something like that) takes you directly into the city centre right past liseberg.