What's new

AERIS (POV Added)

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
AERIS

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3-Q0ynBziE[/youtube]

Firstly, sorry about the delay with this, had a bit of a busy new year/ christmas.

Project Name: Tide

Description:
Portharxis is the brand new centerpeice land in this newly opened theme park. Themed around a fantasy port town with a massive rollercoaster twisting throughout. Aeris is the star attraction, an Intamin Mega-lite coaster that twists and turns, barely missing rocks, trees, waterfalls and buildings to produce an adrenaline pumping ride! The ride sets sail after giving guests the opportunity to explore a full sized Airship!

Along with this, the area offers 'The Navigator' attraction, a sensory experience through time and space that will leave you wondering whats up and whats down. The area is also host to the park entrance, the Cheeky Monkey Pub, the Port trading superstore and at the 'Grand Hall', customer services.

Portharxis is just the first of many exciting lands at the park, located next to the 'Wild Canyon' and the 'Enchanted Forest' area of the park. It is also used as a backdrop for the parks star evening show, which takes place on the Argocean lake.

Story:
Welcome to a world quite unlike our own. A world full of wonder and adventure just waiting for you to go and discover. Airships and submarines replace cars and planes in a place that magic is not a myth, but an everyday occurrence. All this powered by the discovery of the legendary ether, Aeris. A 'fifth element', higher than earth, wind, water and fire, Aeris can be harnessed for all sorts of unbelievable experiences. We invite you down to the Sky-port to experience a brand new mecha-vehicle that utilises the power in an all new, insane kind of way!

Ride Stats:
Height - 120 feet
Speed - 86kph
Length - 2582 feet
Features:
- 4 Helixes
- 6 Airtime Hills
- 1 overbank

Cost - £30,000,000

Aeris was fully hand built, with banking smoothed with help of the AHG.

Thanks to:
Danny above all for all the hard work you put into making this thing a reality, including textures, videos, ideas and that awsome Cartexture.
Thanks to Richard for his help too.
Copyright 2010 - Andre Northan

Enjoy Your Ride!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddA8JHq8fbs[/youtube]
AERIS DOWNLOAD

Brookes

Giga Poster
As with all of your coasters, this was amazing. The insane attention to detail, brilliant interaction with scenery, 3Ds fantastic. The coaster itself was great, awesome pacing and layout good colours and supports. Everything was just excellent, 10/10!

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I think Stunning is the word for this! :D

Everything is amazing. The other rides are also well put together. Whats fantastic is the sense of adventure I get with your rides. Love it.

The ride itself had a great mix of turns and hills. Silky smooth. Perfect mix of G's.

Nothing less than 10/10!

Ollie

CF Legend
Excellent coaster. Worth the wait. The scenery was great and the coaster interacted with it extremely well. The coaster was really good as well. Silky smooth and didn't seem to loose pace.
10/10

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well this was stunning. I don't know how you find the time, or inclination, to do something like this.

The track was nice. Smooth, well paced and it had a nice flow of elements. I thought it felt quite 'Mega-Lite' and I think you've managed to get it to interact well with the theming.

However, without the scenery this ride would be nothing. It really was exceptional. The detail was incredible, the placement and design was perfect and it interacted really well with the coaster.

Overall, I loved this coaster. I thought it was a fantastic piece of work. 10/10 (and they can be rare from me, I often find something that doesn't justify the 10. I looked for it here, but you got the extra kudos for effort) :lol:

It did leave me thinking one thing though... "Is there something else you could've done in that time?"... this was so good, it actually verged on sad...

A

Anonymous

Awesome coaster. I'll drop a rate over on nolimits-exchange when you release it there. For now though, I noticed that there is some random 3D block with supports on it going through the track in the station. Maybe its intentional, but if it is I have no idea what for.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Pretty.

Damn.

Awesome.

I really liked it. It had atmosphere, so to say. Great atmosphere too, which I imagine would be ten times better in real life (so please, try to sell the plans to somebody! I want to walk thorugh that town!). My only beef is the weird block in the station. I guess it is a marker of some sort, as it looks kinda pointless where it is now. Though, a really minor mistake.

Also, could you explain what "The Navigator" is all about? Is it partly a walkthrough, or is it just the queueline being like that?

Ollie

CF Legend
^The Navigator is a Mad House ride. The queue goes up into that lift which then goes down to ride level. Riders then sit in the room on the benches while it gives off the illusion of going upside down.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
^^ Ahh crap! Thanks for bringing that block up! I knew I forgot to take something out! I use that as a marker for where the 3ds should be located.. I was hoping you guys would be able to spot mistakes before I uploaded it elsewhere, thanks! :D

As for the Navigator, its a Vekoma Madhouse, themed around a machine capable of moving through space and time. The queueline starts out in the inventors house, where he is taking people onboard his new invention to show what it can do. The queue then moves into the main building/mountain where guests take an elevator down (effects would make it seem like it is travelling quite far into the earth) to the machine itself. There are a number of briefing rooms where guests would see a film explaining what was going on, which would also help stagger the queue.

You have to sort of 'fly' through the building to see that all though, cuz I didn't want all the doors to be open.

A

Anonymous

The themeing is really ace and fit's the coaster perfectly.

But there are a couple bits on the track that is bothering me...
1: There are a few pumps here and there, I know that you have used my objects to get the coaster right, so there shouldn't be if you have tweaked the nodes to the nearest centimetre, but it can also be due to you AHG'd the track...
2: There are some banking wiggle on a couple of the hills, definitely due to that you AHG'd the track, you should have gone round the track and removed the con-roll on the straight bits after you ran it through AHG.
3: Some transitions into and out of some of the turnarounds feels very forced and don't seem to flow... (Maybe due to AHG again...)
4: The first turnaround is in reality way to forceful and would cause blackouts on most riders. Piraten "only" pulls 3 g's in the beginning of the turn and 2 g's at the end of it's turnaround and it makes you start to grey out... Yes I know that we love forceful rides but 4-4.5 is a bit much...
5: Last thing, if you have spent this much time on the coaster, then you could have easily tweaked the station bits to get the right look with the brakes...
I mean, hide the brakes on the station and the block before it as well as the brake section before the lift. Intamin uses the wheels alone to stop trains at those speeds.
And if you would have slitted the final brake run and used a non block section first with LIM section and hidden brakes and then the second part as a standard brake run with wheels and moving brakes and you would have been there...

Sorry if this review sounds a bit harsh, but it's from the negative parts of the reviews that you learn stuff...

Even these faults won't be able to take away the greatness of this ride...

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Hey, I can't seem to open the file on my computer. I have No limits and the file downloaded properly, but NL says it can't open the file. It has done this with a few rides previously. I'd really like to see this though, so can anyone suggest a way of fixing it?

Cheers! From what I can see on the vid, it looks stunning!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Are you trying to open a .nlpack file in NL? That would explain why it doesn't work.

If so, you need the track packager. Someone has a link somewhere... :p

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
^ Cheers for that!

Well I downloaded the file and got a bit further than last time, but when I opened it in trackpackager, it said

Runtime error 53 file not found: zlib.dll

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddA8JHq8fbs[/youtube]

Here's an onride video of the ride for those who can't download / don't have No Limits.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Wow. That was incredible. The attention to detail in the scenery and the pacing and smoothness of the ride were fantastic. The only complaint I have for this is that we don't have enough coasters with that level of theming IRL XD

A

Anonymous

That is the BEST NL COASTER EVER!!!!!!!! That was better than Colder Fusion. Everything was awesome. The ride was really smooth, pump-free, and correctly shaped. I also loved the 3ds. :--D