What's new

Adventureland, Iowa | The Monster | Gerstlauer Infinity

Jared

Hyper Poster
It's a great looking ride! I love the colour scheme and I think the ride will do the park well! I just hope it gets built well and has trains like Iron Shark or Karacho. Gerstlauer are really doing great with their layouts recently!

Darren B

Giga Poster
Re: The Monster at Adventureland, Iowa new for 2016 coaster

ThomVD said:
Yeah, Gerstlauer seems to be doing really well.

b88afc5d65b35cd0f905a825f930387f_zpswpqyolit.jpg

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I thought that it hasn't been determined if it was the manufacturer's or the park's fault and hasn't Alton Towers taken all the blame so far? If it was Gerstlauer's fault wouldn't there be some kind of checks going on with all their Infinity coasters to make sure it can't happen again. I've had a couple of conversations with my contact at Tripsdrill about this and they claim there's nothing wrong with Karacho's system and Gerstlauer has assured them that their coaster is safe.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Darren, I was more aiming at the quality of some of their newer rides rather than their safety record. Plus, the Smiler seems like a big failure either way.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The-monster-jpg.jpg

Track is on site and has been for a while

It's gone vertical these last few days

12800393_965795490170503_851418826959273660_n.jpg

The lighting effects should be pretty cool though

12768213_961418197274899_7194551134438625645_o.jpg

12771986_961418230608229_2508946567065192268_o.jpg

Source

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Enjoy the notion of backlight the track directly. Would certainly make for a cool visual effect!

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
This ride looks pretty sweet, but I am still contemplating whether this makes a 5 1/2 hour drive to Adventureland worth it.........

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Iowa...so no.

They could have the best RMC in the world, still probably wouldn't be enough to get me back to that **** state.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
tomahawk said:
Iowa...so no.

They could have the best RMC in the world, still probably wouldn't be enough to get me back to that **** state.
Hmmm I would probably give in if it was an RMC, but anything else probably not.... Iowa is for sure one of the most boring states in the whole country. Sorry all people who live in Iowa....

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I really like the colour, think it stands out nicely.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The trains are on their way from Germany to Iowa:

monstertrains.jpg