What's new

Adventureland, Iowa | The Monster | Gerstlauer Infinity

peep

CF Legend
Is that a new seat design?
Don't like the creature on the front. Too tacky looking.

Love the vibrant green track though.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
Tacky. Vile. Cheesy.

Three words I'd use to describe it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
What makes this so much worse is, with the lighting effects, the coaster looks really modern and chic (even for today's standards). And the train is... the complete opposite.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
ECG said:
The trains are on their way from Germany to Iowa:

monstertrains.jpg
This looks like something you would see in a cartoon....

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Everyone is complaining on the design, yet nobody noticed how they changed to clamshells.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Hutch

Strata Poster
^I think they've already been using clamshells on some of their other ones. Karacho and Junker have them I believe?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
Everyone is complaining on the design, yet nobody noticed how they changed to clamshells.

Oh I noticed it. Back in 2013 with Karacho.. This is the standard Infinity lap bar as far as I know.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't think the trains look too bad but I'd like to see a side profile to see if it appears flat or not.

Lofty

CF Legend
GuyWithAStick said:

Because it's so **** disgusting and it's hard to see past them.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Pink Panther said:
I'm confused about how Eurofighters and Infinity coasters are now distinguished... :confused:
Yeah definitely. I used to think that Infinity models were just multiloopers (like Smiler), but now some Infinities have a launch with eurofighter-like trains. End now there's this, which is really just a big Eurofighter. :?

Have they just dropped the Eurofighter name now and have just been calling everything Infinities?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
There is one excellent reason this must be labeled a Eurofighter.
This from the Krater thread.

Darren B said:
All I'm saying is that IF Gerstlauer ever roll out another custom model Eurofighter I'll run around Downing Street naked.

And i think I speak for us all when i say this must happen.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Judging from the previous aerial pic and this new photo I'm going to hazard a guess and say the track work is pretty much finished.

[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/102775329805861/photos/pcb.994630160620369/994629960620389/?type=3[/facebookpost]

Are those LSMs(??) on the lift hill instead of a chain? Gerstlauer are pushing the boat out.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I think it'll be more like Thunderbolt at Luna Park, where the chain has a magnetic anti-rollback device. LSM lift would be cool, though.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah. Same as what they did with The Smiler and Karnan - an LSM based anti-rollback.