What's new

Doha Oasis Quest | EpiQ Coaster | Premier Rides LSM Coaster | 2021

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
New Premier Rides launch coaster called 'Dragonfire' to be the centerpiece of the new Adventure Island in the Doha Oasis Mall, Qatar.

For your skim readers out there, I've done my usual bold highlighting of the interesting bits.

PREMIER RIDES IS SELECTED TO DESIGN AND BUILD THE SIGNATURE ATTRACTION FOR THE NEW DOHA OASIS MALL

Jim Seay, President of Premier Rides shakes hands with Dennis Speigel, President of International Theme Park Services after signing the contract to build the Dragonfire Coaster.
premquatar.jpg

Baltimore, MD – Premier Rides has been selected by the Halul Real Estate Investment Company to design and build the signature attraction for the new Adventure Island in the Doha Oasis Mall. The highly-themed custom high-thrill indoor/outdoor dark ride launch roller coaster will be located in Doha, Qatar.

Jim Seay, President of Premier Rides noted, “Qatar is one of the most exciting places to be in the world right now. The development is unprecedented and combined with the preparations for the 2022 World Cup, there is a tremendous amount of energy in the country. We are extremely honored to be part of what is happening there. The magnitude of the Doha Oasis Mall project is quite stunning. One has to be there to see and appreciate the amazing scale.”

International Theme Park Services Inc. (ITPS), based in Ohio, is the lead consultant on the $300 million Adventure Island where the signature dark ride launch coaster will be installed. ITPS has consulted on and constructed more than 500 amusement parks in about 50 countries.

Named Dragonfire, it will be one of the largest and most sophisticated attractions ever built by Premier Rides, and will incorporate Premier’s award-winning technologies such as magnetic launches, high speed switches, and multi-directional movement of the vehicles. Additionally the attraction features a backwards launch unlike any other where riders are shot up an extremely high vertical twisting spike that rises dramatically above the mall and is fully encapsulated to allow guests to take in the view and to appreciate just how high above the building they are while remaining in a climate-controlled environment.

Seay commented, “Halul has brought together the theme park industry’s “best of the best” to design and manage the Mall’s entertainment element. Premier’s engineers have worked with the ITPS design team for almost a year to create together a stunning attraction that complements the scale of the Mall and the desire for a world class attraction experience.”

“This is one of the largest, most complex, complicated projects we’ve ever worked on,” Dennis Speigel, President of ITPS shared. “It will be a seven-acre indoor theme park along the lines of a Mall of America. It’s all state-of-the-art equipment, the latest and greatest.”

“The entertainment component of the complex will be first class,” stated Hasan Abu Rub, Project Director for Halul Real Estate Investment Company. “We wanted a signature ride that would have a global impact and we are pleased to partner with Premier Rides on Dragonfire. Premier’s innovation and quality is evident in their work for other clients such as Universal Studios and together we will create for our valued visitors a one-of-a-kind world-class attraction.”

Seay added, “We are honored to be a part of Halul’s formula for success by supplying this unique attraction that combines an exciting dark ride experience with a high-thrill coaster that is sure to be a crowd pleaser! Dragonfire will incorporate the latest in magnetic launch technology combined with a cutting-edge track design, complete with a backward launch up a “spike” outside the building, giving riders a birds-eye view of the area before dropping back down the spike. This signature attraction will be a phenomenal thrill ride.”

Located in Qatar, the Doha Oasis Mall project will consist of upscale retail shops, fine dining experiences and an indoor amusement park that will make the facility a landmark in the region. The project is slated to open in 2017.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: New "Dragonfire" Premier Rides coaster for Qatar 2017

Here is a tease that I made mention to in the wildfire thread.

1902965_690285947680593_1779527946_n.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
How do you know tats the layout if nothing's been shown yet apart from a vague set of answers?

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: New "Dragonfire" Premier Rides coaster for Qatar 2017

^ It is from Premier Rides official Facebook page. Pretty sure that makes this wonderful right hand turn legit.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Additionally the attraction features a backwards launch unlike any other where riders are shot up an extremely high vertical twisting spike that rises dramatically above the mall and is fully encapsulated to allow guests to take in the view and to appreciate just how high above the building they are while remaining in a climate-controlled environment.

OMG. I can see this being absolutely BRUTAL. I mean really, a tube, that encloses a very high point of the track, exposed to the sun in Qatar, and they think they are going to be able to keep it air conditioned? Heat rises, cold sinks, last time I checked.

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: New

Intricks said:
^ It is from Premier Rides official Facebook page. Pretty sure that makes this wonderful right hand turn legit.
I hadn't checked the other topic at the time. Valid enough.

I also love how they use X Car track rather than getting the NL developers to create their custome tracks and cars.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Pink Panther said:
Is this it? :D

Nah, that must be a different Premier Rides coaster bound for Qatar. Or Bahrain, hard to tell. The number of zigzags match the Qatari flag, but the proportions favour the Bahraini (the flag of Qatar is more than twice as wide as its height, whereas that of Bahrain has a more mainstream 3:5 ratio). As for the colour, maroon or red, it's hard to tell in that picture.

Either way, no way this could be the coaster which is the subject of this thread. Has to be totally unrelated.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Having watched the video for this ride. The main section of the ride is a direct clone of Deep Space at Adlabs Imagica in India. The difference is at the start with the forwards backwards forwards again launch system that's suddenly popping up on rides around the world instead of a normal launch.

Looking at the height and speed it's going to have to brake fairly heavily before hitting the main bowl as well.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Press release:

US-BASED PREMIER RIDES SHIPS ONE-OF-A-KIND ATTRACTION TO QATAR

Premier Rides’ first shipment of roller coaster track is on its way

Doha Oasis includes a one-of-a-kind attraction by Premier Rides

Baltimore, MD, Oct. 31 – An immersive dark-ride experience, a dramatic reverse magnetic launch through the roof of the building soaring to a height of nearly 60m, followed by a thrilling coaster experience is ready to become reality in Qatar’s capital city Doha as US-based roller coaster design and manufacturing firm Premier Rides’ first shipment of US fabricated steel roller coaster track for their newest one-of-a-kind signature magnetic launch coaster is shipping to Qatar.

Premier Rides has partnered with Qatar’s leading developer, Halul Real Estate Investment Company, to develop a cutting-edge product with an unforgettable experience for riders. The attraction will be part of Doha Oasis, a stunning mixed use development that offers a high end residential opportunity, a retail complex, an exclusive 7-star high-rise hotel tower and a world-class indoor theme park. With the engineering and fabrication processes for the ride now complete, both companies are delighted that the exporting process has officially begun. Premier estimates a total of approximately 100 shipments will be made over the next two months.

Jim Seay, President of Premier Rides commented, “We are extremely honored to be part of Halul Real Estate Investment Company’s vision for a world class development featuring a stunning, iconic 60m tall, fully-enclosed roller coaster tower that will allow riders a spectacular view of the city while remaining in a controlled climate setting. I am thrilled to see the first of many shipments of US steel ready to ship to what will certainly be the most amazing real estate development in Qatar.”

Seay continued, “Halul’s project will be a showcase in the run up to the 2022 World Cup and demonstrates their commitment to provide an unparalleled guest experience that is second to none.”

The attraction, with its closely-guarded, highly secret theme, will be the tallest and largest thrill ride in Qatar, and one of the tallest in all of the Middle East. It is a custom special-effects ride that combines an immersive dark ride, magnetic drive technology, high-speed switches and a highly dynamic ride experience into a multi-sensory thrill ride unlike any other attraction built to date.

“The entertainment component of the complex will be first-class,” stated Hasan Abu Rub, Project Director for Halul Real Estate Investment Company. “We wanted a signature ride that would have a global impact and we are pleased to partner with Premier Rides. Premier’s innovation and quality is evident in their work with other clients such as Revenge of the Mummy™ for Universal Studios. Together we will create for our valued visitors a one-of-a-kind world class attraction.”

ABOUT PREMIER RIDES
Premier Rides is best known for its high-tech magnetic launch roller coasters. The company is also a global supplier of traditional roller coasters, observation wheels, towers, water rides and custom designed attractions. Premier’s service division offers engineering support, complete ride and train rehab, and it maintains and offers spare parts supply on a 24-hour emergency basis. The company is headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland and has additional U.S., European, and Asian offices. For more information, please visit http://www.premier-rides.com or call +1-410-923-0414.

###

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Lofty said:
^ Can you link a video?

The only one I can find is this:

http://youtu.be/22YwbL62_58

2 minutes 18 seconds for coaster layout.

Hey Lofty

I could have done. But at some point in the last couple of days the video has been removed.
It was here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFQNKfgOVmc&app=desktop

BjM6XXLCYAAdBc-.jpg

From what i remember the ride goes something like this
- Release from the station through a couple of curves (dark ride section I assume)
- Stops on launch run as track behind train switches over
- Launch forwards through curve into first inversion but not fast enough to complete it
- roll back through launch gaining more speed and up a very large reverse spike
- roll through launch track forwards again but launch track now slows train down.
- Enter Deep Space bowl style layout seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPMiSHh9eHo
- Return to station

The reverse spike is huge. the decision to design the ride so that there is a necessity to slow the train down after the spike seems really odd to me.

Lofty

CF Legend
That sounds really weird? The first inversion must be bigger than Deep Space's, or that first curve is gonna be really awkward?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The Premier Coaster is now complete. I have seen photographic evidence of this but afraid not able to share.
But it shouldn't be too long before something appears on something like Skyscrapercity so I'll keep an eye out
The main part of the layout however is indeed a direct clone for Deep Space at Adlabs Imagica.