What's new

Adventure Island Ban Topless Men

Pierre

Strata Poster
but the news article shamefully brings up the world record for naked people riding a coaster which was a closed event....

A theme park has banned male visitors from baring their chests during visits to the attraction.

Adventure Island in Southend has erected signs asking its male customers not to take off their tops, and says it will ask those who do so to leave.

Marc Miller, managing director, said he wanted men to "show some decorum".

The attraction holds the world record for the number of naked people riding a rollercoaster - although that event was not open to the general public.
'Family focused'

Over 100 people stripped off to ride the Green Scream at Adventure Island in 2010.
Children and characters at Adventure Island Adventure Island says its "wear your shirt" rule was introduced to help make the park family friendly

Mr Miller said: "In recent years we've seen increasing numbers of lads and men whipping their tops off, eager to make the most of the sun.

"That's absolutely fine in the right environment, but we try very hard to be a family-focused business and not everybody is a fan of bare chests."

As well as setting the world record for the most naked people on a theme park ride, Adventure Island also attempted to create a new record for the most naked people to play mini golf, in 2012.

A spokeswoman said both events were held behind closed doors.

"The only people present were those who had signed up to take part in order to raise a large amount of cash for charities - Breast Cancer and Prostate Cancer," she said.

"The topless ban is related to when the park is open to the public."

Here, here I say - nothing worse than when we get a bit of heat in the UK all the scrawny little twigs take their tops off for the world to see =D>

Source : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-27024139

Lofty

CF Legend
^ I'd rather scrawny little twigs than pink chested, lard arses with an "England" tattoo in an Olde English font across their stomachs :lol:

I personally think it's a great thing to be honest, good on them.

marc

CF Legend
Can you watch comments like that please!

Seeing Jewish people run the park it's actually highly offensive what you have said.

I'm happy they done this as I will no longer need to see really over weight people walking round the park with just their speedos on. Kids and adults really don't need to see these things.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Yessss thank god, nothing worse than people walking round with their guts hanging out the minute the sun makes an appearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smithy

Strata Poster
Meh, the whole topless-in-public thing doesn't bother me at all, but I fully agree that at a paying attraction it shouldn't be allowed.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Ah, yes, the all-encompassing ''we'' that accounts for everybody even though most of the people in this topic have made it clear they're against it in general, rather than against it in England.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Sigh, just ban gross fat people from doing it. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to get a sculpted body so I don't think there's any harm for somebody to show it off. Anybody crying "vanity" is simply jealous.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Ermm,

England has - Beach. Sand. Sun. Bathing...
Spain has - Beach. Sand. Sun. Bathing...
Turkey has - Beach. Sand. Sun. Bathing...
Lots of countries have - Beach. Sand. Sun. Bathing...

Makes us no different.. Seriously dumb logic just because we are Brits..

marc

CF Legend
Most people travel to a beach with a t shirt and take it off when there. So they can just put it back on.

Really don't see why such a big deal is being made about it. It's a good thing.

Honest the state of some people walking down the sea front makes you feel sick. Speedos huge gut and pubes sticking out.

However I hope they also apply the rule to kids, they should have to wear a top as well.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Thing is though, I can understand somewhere like Chessington where a no-top no-ride policy does exist, because its in a totally different environment. Southend is known for its beaches. Its not in the middle of a town, nor is it in the countryside, so this type of behaviour that AI's asking for is uncommon in its location, especially when their main trade comes from the summer months.

I can imagine this will be seriously hard to control.