What's new

Accident at Tivoli Friheden

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like Cobra at Tivoli Friheden has derailed ... again.

De to bagerste vogne af rutsjebanen Cobraen hænger i et andet niveau end resten af vognene, fortæller et øjenvidne.
"The two rear cars of Cobra are hanging at a different level than the rest of the cars, an eyewitness says."

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Looks like Cobra at Tivoli Friheden has derailed ... again.

"The two rear cars of Cobra are hanging at a different level than the rest of the cars, an eyewitness says."
Sad update: Authorities are saying a 14 year old girl died in connection to the accident:

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I am so horrified by this! And if are any victims involved, my heart goes out to their families and friends.

A freak accident can happen and it's just sad. This is plain bad manufacturing with no excuse: I mean, this is the second time this kind of accident has happened on this same coaster.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Oh dear… my condolences go out to the families of those affected. I’m guessing that might be the end of this particular coaster if it’s had a similar accident before…
It better had be, as two of the same accident on the same coaster proves beyond all doubts that the ride is inherently dangerous and likely has some serious design flaws.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Truly horrific. Is it just me but have the last 18 months or so felt especially bad for incidents? Top Thrill Dragster almost killing a woman, El Toro derailing, Orlando Freefall death, Do-Dodonpa spinal injuries, and now this awful tragedy?

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
I saw this photo and.....Oy. (Doesn't look like there's any NSFW stuff here thankfully)
20220714142751img0038-jpg.png

General consensus seems to basically be "The ride is most definitely coming down", and I'm inclined to believe that. The SAME accident occurring twice is not exactly ideal for a cred's survival.

arthurharris2306

Roller Poster
I saw this photo and.....Oy. (Doesn't look like there's any NSFW stuff here thankfully)

General consensus seems to basically be "The ride is most definitely coming down", and I'm inclined to believe that. The SAME accident occurring twice is not exactly ideal for a cred's survival.
don't worry it will probably get scrapped

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

If I'm interpreting that picture correctly, the rear car lost its left wheel bogey, the right bogey was wrenched off the track, the car fell down, still hinged to the car in front, and slammed into it. RCDB has a good picture of the car under normal circumstances. Such a swing into the car in front seems like it would be quite nasty for the passengers.

I wonder whether the park or Sartori will receive the most blame for this. On one hand, the coaster is definitely not supposed to do this. On the other, it did operate without fail for more than a decade after the previous accident, so the responsibility might be on the park for not discovering a developing fracture.

Last edited:

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
If I'm interpreting that picture correctly, the rear car lost its left wheel bogey, the right bogey was wrenched off the track, the car fell down, still hinged to the car in front, and slammed into it. RCDB has a good picture of the car under normal circumstances. Such a swing into the car in front seems like it would be quite nasty for the passengers.

I wonder whether the park or Sartori will receive the most blame for this. On one hand, the coaster is definitely not supposed to do this. On the other, it did operate without fail for more than a decade after the previous accident, so the responsibility might be on the park for not discovering a developing fracture.
Agree, I try to be as careful as possible with this, but based on everything I have seen and read....

TW I guess for those who don't want my nasty guess about what happened based on my armchair guess

Something happened with the bogey, the car swings forward, but the majority of the two (or one) passengers' bodies miss, leaving the mid-torso up exposed to hitting the back of the car in front. Given the speed, as it's about halfway through the ride, it would have to be 20-25 mph. I would say that's at minimum probably mild head/brain damage. I can't imagine what the result would be to have it be lethal.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

You appear to have linked a coaster in Turkey. ;)

Just as a general caution for this whole thread - please try to refrain from speculating too much about specific causes and even more so specific injuries. These are people and families, at the end of the day, and I don't really want CF to be the place where we're speculating and churning the rumour mill.

Don't want to stifle conversation, but just as a general moderator comment.