• #7 BBH

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • #10 CoasterCrazy

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Colossus

Giga Poster
This is a 2012 CF World Championship First round match up between (7) BBH and (10) CoasterCrazy

The stipulation is - Terrain

Entries to be in by 9th December.

#7 BBH - Fantasia

I3p6l.png

http://imgur.com/a/6KN3W#0

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WOqhBO8sE8[/youtube]

#10 CoasterCrazy - Woodcutter's Revenge

dQ59M.png

PtGLj.png

KmTRc.png

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhbAs0jamNU[/youtube]

BBH

Giga Poster
I3p6l.png

I Present: FANTASIA
The Newest Millennium Flyer from Great Coasters International

5 years ago, Great Airports International decided to level the mountain that Fantasia inhabits and build a large airfield around it. The only building ever partially completed was the aircraft hangar, which had most of its roof left bare and unfinished. A mysterious creature simply known as Fantasia has since taken up residence and haunts the area. Enter.... if you dare.​
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmwx0J7F9II[/youtube]
http://imgur.com/a/6KN3W#0
The above album contains pictures of the station, the island, the final helixes and the first drop.

Took me a few days to design the coaster, a few more to build everything. Time well spent, though.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Overall, I think this coaster is a solid entry and a good one to start off the tournament. I will hold my critiques/reviews for both coasters until after CoasterCrazy has submitted an entry.

BBH

Giga Poster
Also, I apologize for the stray branches and anti-rollback, but my computer didn't render them in the cleanup. :roll: Sorry for my old as dirt computer acting old as dirt. :lol:

reddude333

Giga Poster
I am refraining from all public reviews/critiques until both contestants have entered in any given round.

And Nick, who knows, maybe we will get a dueler in there? ;-)

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Ok then...sorry about the late post, as I wasn't aware on the creation of this thread!

Anyway, congratulations BBH, your coaster is a truly formidable opposition with a very professional look, but the trees might impede the operation of the coaster.. :wink:

However...I've already commenced with the construction of my creation and shall post updates soon; the layout has been created and successfully tested, but the scenery is barely past inception.

Remember - I'm not using CS or CTRs, so don't be judgmental! :--D

BBH

Giga Poster
I wish you the best of luck CC, but I hope I don't lose, if that makes sense. :lol:

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
So, for my entry, I present to you...

dQ59M.png

A 'brazenly bold' terrain woodie inspired by the innovative Boulder Dash

Here are copious photos of the ride...enjoy!

PtGLj.png

KmTRc.png

tjwNG.png

5HAPA.png

DqwaB.png

RfK2f.png

oI8rW.png

78ozt.png

cYwL5.png

As you can see....its almost complete; however, the scenery needs to be completed, as do the entrance plaza, the surrounding area and the station, the latter of which hasn't even been started yet.

Aiming to complete this behemoth soon...and film it. :--D

Colossus

Giga Poster
reddude333 said:
And Nick, who knows, maybe we will get a dueler in there? ;-)

lol Maybe? 20 entries then haha.

Congrats guys on getting both your entries in well in time, well done :)

reddude333

Giga Poster
Any chance we could start this one into the voting period then? Give it a few extra days and maybe a few extra votes?

[EDIT]: CoasterCrazy isn't done yet, forgot about that haha. Really anticipating that POV though :)

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^Yep...its not quite complete yet, but will be in the near future.

For fairness, can we both vote for ourselves so that we no longer possess that slight advantage?

Colossus

Giga Poster
CoasterCrazy said:
^Yep...its not quite complete yet, but will be in the near future.

For fairness, can we both vote for ourselves so that we no longer possess that slight advantage?

Yup, there`s no way you can stop people voting for themselves, its a perfectly a reasonable assumption that everybody will vote for themselves anyway :)

BBH

Giga Poster
If I were to clean up the terrain and rerecord the POV, would that be allowed? Because I've already trimmed the rogue terrain.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Yeah as long as it`s in by Sunday, any modifications would be fine.

When the voting period begins, both entry's will be moved to the first post in the topic so as to make decision making easier. If you get the modified project in on-time then I wll move it to the there, if not then it will be whatever what is already there.

If you do get it in on-time be sure to re post any pictures also as-well as the pov.

Cheers.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Update: A few glitch problems with the flying camera, but otherwise, should be uploaded by Saturday, providing I have adequate time. What's this "fraps" that everyone's repetitively mentioning?

Intricks

Strata Poster
A video recording and screenshot taking program that is BEYOND better than the in-game one as it doesnt force your game to take FOREVER to record.

reddude333

Giga Poster
My personal opinion, FRAPS is crap compared to the in-game recorder since the quality is terrible. I get HD quality from "ctrl+shift+F11" and that is more than worth the slightly long recording times.