What's new

2012 CF WC GF! (2) reddude333 VS (6) nealbie (Winner page 3)

Colossus

Giga Poster
So this is it,

The 2012 CF World Championship Grand Final!!

Congratulations to our 2 competitors who have made it this far and who wlll compete for glory, and the right to be the "World Champion of RCT3" here on CoasterForce.

Our two competitors are second rank Reddude333 and the sixth seeded nealbie.

At this time there is no theme and no tie scale, if the two competitors would like me let me know asap what they would like to do, or if they would like a limitless competition, then we can get what should be, the two best coasters in the competition constructed.

At this time there is also no time scale.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Re: 2012 CF WC GRAND FINAL! (2) reddude333 VS (6) nealbie

So I have been pretty swamped with school work over the past couple weeks but we really should get this going so we can crown a champion. I am fairly indifferent to what the restrictions are as long as the entry is completely my own work, meaning no template or pre-made park. Are you ready to get this started Neal?

nealbie

CF Legend

Perhaps you could pretend to be a customer/park, Colossus, and request a new ride/area proposal for your park. The "loose" guidelines would be our restrictions. We have to come up with what your board of directors (the voters) feel is the best product for the park.

It's certainly better and more controlled than just building whatever the **** we want. Anyone with a back catalogue could just use/touch something up from there.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Sounds fair enough to me. I'd just like to get this started...although I am enjoying doing other projects on the side ;-)

Colossus

Giga Poster

Okay, here it is then,

You`re a young and upcoming woodland type park with no coasters, you just have a few flats, fair ground type rides and a few buildings.
You have just received investment to take your park to the next level, you have a medium budget of around 20 million, its up to you to spend this on a new coaster and its surrounding area, this ride will put your park on the map.
You will shortly read the email from the board of directors regarding the regulations, but first Here is your current ride roster,

Chairswing
Enterprise
Swinging inverter ship
Launch tower
Merry go round
Dodgems
Ferris Wheel
go karts

Its up to you to incorporate these rides into your park for the base,

You have to decide

- Where these rides go and how they are set up
- Any buildings and surrounding area

Your park will be judged as a whole experience and to how the effect of your spending has improved the park.

Board of Directors said:
Dear Derek and Neal,

As you know, we have spent the last 6 months looking for ways to attract more funding for the development of the park, and on this day we are delighted to inform you that all our hard work has payed off.
We have received an investment of $20 million, from a company that wishes to remain anonymous at this current time.
The tricky part of all this is up to you, we need to use this money quickly and wisely in order to be open for the new season in 4 weeks time.
We have already applied for planning permissions from the local council and we have been granted permission to commence construction right away, the only limitation is that we cannot exceed over 130ft.

The only reserve we, the board of directors have is that you can incorporate the new rides into the park well so as to keep the parks charm, we are happy to be moving in a new direction, but we don't want to turn into a Six Flags type park, these new attractions will be our spring board to future success, but this wont happen over night, so these potential additions really need to fit into what we already have here, so as to not only attract new customers, but to keep the ones that have got us into this position happy also.

We have a rough guideline of things we would like to see but the final choice is up to you, below is a list of potential attractions and their price tag, remember, we cannot go over $20 Million,

Coasters,

15m - B&M Sitdown
14m - B&M Inverter
17m - B&M Wing Coaster
15m - Intamin Megalite
15m - Intamin Accelerator
14m - Wooden Coaster
13m - Vekoma Motorbike Launch
2m - Any specific ride theming

Flats,

3m - Discuss
1m - Disk-o
2m - Revolution
2m - Top Spin
2m - Top Spinner

We are sure you will make the best choice for the park with the available budget, this is truly an exciting time for the park and those involved I'm sure you'll agree.

We look forward to hearing from you, if you have any questions regarding the situation please don't hesitate to email me.

Regards,

Nick Ingram - Head of the Board of Directors.

reddude333

Giga Poster

MEMORANDUM said:
TO: Nick Ingram - Head of the Board of Directors.

DATE: February 20, 2013

RE: Expansion Project RFP

I am excited to hear that you have recently acquired funding for an expansion project. We have a lot of concepts in the works which we believe would be perfect for your park. As you know, we are in contact with many of the major (and minor) roller coaster design companies so I am confident we can accommodate any of the coasters you requested in your previous correspondence.

Additionally, we wanted to clarify the details of the local ordinance regarding the height limit of any given attraction. Does the legislation forbid rides 130 feet above ground level or 130 feet above sea level. We have had issues with this sort of precedent in the past and just wanted to confirm the logistics.

Thank you for providing such a generous budget. As you know, the more you give us, the more we can give you. We look forward to working with you over the next 4 weeks. You can always contact us if the board has any further information regarding the project.

Regards,

Derek Babine - CEO of SLO Amusement Design and Construction

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

I love how you both go into making it real companies building a theme park :D Great concept.

BBH

Giga Poster

How fantastic would it be for everyone to post the best coaster they could make in an hour?! :drinking:

Good luck to you both in this competition though, and happy building!

Colossus

Giga Poster

MEMORANDUM said:
TO: Derek Babine - CEO of SLO Amusement Design and Construction

DATE: 08 / 03 / 13

RE: Expansion Project Height Regulations

Thank you for your reply regarding the current project, we are pleased to hear you are in talks with the lest of manufacturers and we are pleased to answer your query so that you can commence plans for a layout with the manufacturers in question.

In our local meeting last month with council representatives it was agreed that we would not construct higher than 130ft above sea level.
This means should a drop more than 130ft be required in your layout plans, this would be achievable with some change in gradients by digging downwards, although as stated this would be achievable, we feel the initial 130ft should be more than suitable, and we wouldn't mind a small hole if needed, but we feel a drop of anything above 150ft would be unnecessary.

Once again, we are glad you share our excitement over this project and that you are happy with the level of funding available, we know you will create the best fit for the park.

If you have any more query's please don't hesitate to contact us further.

Regards

Nick Ingram - Head of the Board of Directors

nealbie

CF Legend

Not had chance to do a single square of this so far. Work plus sorting out moving to London amongst various real life thing have meant that I'll probably have to bow out of this one. I can't do a whole park and then add a coaster in a week. Sorry :( .

reddude333

Giga Poster

The way I see it you still have at least 2 weeks to work on your entry...not sure where this "one week" is coming from...

Colossus

Giga Poster

Well there's still two weeks, and if you need an extra week then that would be fine, its really a whole park, its a really small park.

Let me know asap, cheers.

reddude333

Giga Poster

After putting a significant amount of time into this already I can truly say this park is no small task. Simply putting the rides in a park wouldn't take much but arranging them in an organized and logical manner while maintaining the atmosphere is a whole different ballgame. That said, if nealbie needs an extra week I have no quarrel as this week is finals week and next week I'll be away from my comp. Regardless I will be done by the date we set (whatever it may be).

Colossus

Giga Poster

reddude333 said:
I will be done by the date we set (whatever it may be).

April 1st

So Ne what are you doing, are you retiring or continuing?

If you need an extra week, that would be fine if you wish to continue, let me know ASAP!

Cheers Nick

reddude333

Giga Poster

This should be interesting as I will be away from my comp until the 31st....

Colossus

Giga Poster

Well we can change it to the 8th, it would clearly be beneficial for both of you.

JammyBand

Roller Poster

Well look who it is, me! I know I let everyone down in his comp by not getting my entry in on the first round, but I did seriously try. I have provided an explanation and some pics of my comp entry (which I have not touched since December) in my round one topic (me vs TheKinin64) so please read them and note actually how hard I tried. I know this is waaaayy off topic and not supposed to be here. Thanks,

-JammyBand
(I will be surprised if anyone remembers me lol)

reddude333

Giga Poster

I AM THE BIGGEST IDIOT IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD AND I JUST OVERWROTE MY ENTIRE PROJECT! I WAS ONLY A FEW HOURS AWAY FROM TOTAL COMPLETION AND NOW I'M TOTALLY SCREWED. I ONLY HAVE ONE PREVIOUS SAVE FILE WITH HARDLY ANYTHING DONE ON IT!!!

So that is literally the worst thing that could have happened just now. I'm not sure what to do at this point as I have already put in dozens of hours into this project. I was so excited to show you all and now I'm just depressed.....

I have a woodie and the support work will take me hours to redo...I'm totally lost for words...

[EDIT: This problem has been fixed thanks to the link in the post below]

JammyBand

Roller Poster

reddude333 said:
I AM THE BIGGEST IDIOT IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD AND I JUST OVERWROTE MY ENTIRE PROJECT! I WAS ONLY A FEW HOURS AWAY FROM TOTAL COMPLETION AND NOW I'M TOTALLY SCREWED. I ONLY HAVE ONE PREVIOUS SAVE FILE WITH HARDLY ANYTHING DONE ON IT!!!

So that is literally the worst thing that could have happened just now. I'm not sure what to do at this point as I have already put in dozens of hours into this project. I was so excited to show you all and now I'm just depressed.....

I have a woodie and the support work will take me hours to redo...I'm totally lost for words...
Oops :oops: Oh dear. I know how you feel, although not at all on your scale. I actually don't know what to write, but that is a terrible happening. I don't blame you at all as it is very easy to do. I know you will have spent a long time on this, and I know this would have been to an extremely high standard but I am sure there is some way to get your file back by reversing recent activity or something. I will try to find a way to do this!

EDIT: This could help. It is originally for documents, however, you may be lucky! I tried with one of my files but the recovering option is not available for some versions of vista. (Damn vista!) I seriously hope this helps! http://www.wikihow.com/Recover-Overwritten-Files

EDIT EDIT: Found this page. It doesn't really have much info on it, but I thought I would post it anyway. http://rctlounge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6390