What's new

2010 Baseball Season

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
That more like it!
The Yankees played more like I expected in the last two games to take the series. Granderson has made one hell of a start for the departed Damon & Cano is looking good as Matsui's replacement in the fifth spot of the order.
Really looking forward to the return to Fenway in less than a month's time & wonder what will be up with Ortiz by then. Big Papi's early season slump turned a bit with that RBI, but I'm not sure how long it will take him to get back into the swing of things (pun intended).

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, the entire series hinged around the bullpen & I'm glad it seems to be improving with each game, because I was definitely worried after the season opener.
Bring on the Rays!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Love the way the Yanks are playing & glad that A-Rod finally got a homer. I'm jealous that Aidan got to go to today's game against the Rangers to see it.
I'm also liking Cano batting fifth. I really didn't expect it to go so well.
I wonder how long they can go taking each series? Would be great to see them set a record.

RCF

Strata Poster
Well hopefully this win against Baltimore will help Boston pick up their game. They have not looked very sharp. But Ortiz got his first homer, and that's good for him. At least it hasn't taken him as long as he did last year. But the man I'm really surprised by is Darnell McDonald. Two homers in his first two games, one of them a walkoff. Hopefully our game picks up.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I can't believe we lost to the ChiSox yesterday, but at least we clobbered them today to take the series we should have swept. The Yankees have taken seven of eight so far.
Cano is still on fire, Teixeira is getting back into the swing of things (pun intended) & Phil Hughes looks like an ace instead of a No. 5 starter, but it's a shame we've lost Granderson for an extended period of time.
I'm glad A-Rod isn't hurt & should be back in the lineup tomorrow night against the Orioles.

RCF

Strata Poster
A great night for the Red Sox. It seemed almost everyone got in on the action, like Lowell (4-4), Beltre (3-5 HR), Hall (2-4 HR) Drew (4-5) and Youk (1-3 HR) and Pedroia (1-6 HR) get shout outs for their home runs. I really hope the Sox can keep this up, especially after that awful sweep by the Orioles. I hope this is a night of change in Boston and tat we'll see a lot more of this dominance in the games to come.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Can't wait for Friday night! :p
In the mean time...
Sabathia was much sharper than he was the last two times out. A-Rod is back & contributed right away & how about Winn filling in for Granderson?! :--D
Also glad Posada isn't having more trouble with the knee Guthrie hit & it's just a mild strain of the right calf. Hopefully Rivera will be ready to go again when we need him.
So what do you guys think of the Vazquez decision?

RCF

Strata Poster
^Shut your mouth. :p

And UC I agree with you. I said hopefully this can break us out of our slump. Because I do see what you're saying. I think unless we fix our problems with injuries and our pitching rotation that's "the best in the league" we could really be in for some hurt from any team.

Homer

Hyper Poster
CMonster said:
I love the Rays. :p
Feels awesome man. I say we actually finish the job we did in 2008... actually win a world series and continue trolling Boston and New York fans.

Although I'm disappointed that Tampa can't embrace baseball unless they're in town and Tropicana Field has on average around 9,000 fans each game. I really don't want the Rays to end up becoming the next Expos/Nationals where they'd probably move to like London or something.

Also, mark my words, David Price is going to be one of the best pitchers in the league, I'm glad the Rays finally have a good closer, Evan Longoria will continue to sell copies of MLB 2K10 while banging his Bucs cheerleader wife, and Carl Crawford continues to be clutch.

RCF

Strata Poster
I put it in quotations, kind of like sarcasm. I do not think that Boston has the best rotation in baseball because, no matter how many people said it before the season, it's biting them in the butt. I agree with just about all your statements. With Beckett being real disappointing (6.31 ERA despite having one win), and Dice-K...... he's just a no. Lackey hasn't been living up to what everyone was saying (saying he was going to be a vital part in this rotation and that he would make it 10x better) although he's been somewhat decent (2-1, 4.50 ERA), Buchholz seems to be kind of picking up the pace (3-2, 2.97 ERA) but I see what you mean by him not being confident. But to reiterate, I do NOT think Boston has the best rotation. Right now, they're far from it. Like you said, the only guy who's making a statement right now is Lester, and as of right now, he is the only pitcher in the starting rotation I really have confidence for (except maybe MAYBE Buchholz). Way overrated though IMHO.

RCF

Strata Poster
UC said:
As for the Sox...yeah, between us we pretty much named it all. They're still the Sox though, and I'm sure they'll find a way to stay competitive (at least until the All-Star break :wink:).

You've got a point there my friend. :p

But seriously I really hope they can pick themselves up, but right now, it certainly doesn't look that way.

RCF

Strata Poster
And the Orioles...... well no one cares :lol: (and yes we did get swept by them so no one make the comment :p)

CMonster

Giga Poster
Arghh, I HATE West Coast trips, especially when I have to wake up at 4:30 the next morning. But, it's like, I HAVE to watch the game... :lol:

And I really hope the Rays can get a new stadium somewhere in Tampa. Maybe near the fairgrounds...? That would probably really help attendence.

RCF

Strata Poster
UC said:
I know you don't, but I'll state for the record that one shouldn't read too much in to sweeps this early in the season. It was your pitching that lost you those games, and as we all know, even getting swept by bitter division rivals (*ahem* last year Big Grin) doesn't mean jack at this point in the season.

Alright now Mr. Jockey time to get off your high horse :lol:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Wasn't too sure of how it would go until the 4th inning. Then it just got ridiculous in the 6th. Beckett - what an overrated chump! I better never see him out drinking in NYC after a game. He knocked out Cano for at least three games and possibly messed up that smooth swing. I am ready to put his head next to Ted Williams!
Oh well, one down - two to go.