What's new

New attractions at Paultons Park

I wouldn't rule out Gravity Group. They offer 'hybrid' coasters and inversions. There's definitely a concrete link to the park as well, GG have provided tenders / proposals for the park previously. Something akin to Switchback at ZDT's with an inversion or launch thrown in would be my punt.
Gravity Group proposed an attraction for Paultons?

Here is a great interview with Lawrence Mancey, if you have the time its worth a listen, they go into the daily work that takes place and the passion behind the park. I liked how they open a ride completed and presentable from day one even if it costs more or how they have put some speakers playing ghost noises in the empty warehouse where Ghostly Manor will go, simple but sweet.

Not a lot was given away on the 2026 project other than saying having a mix of thrill and family rides is important and that the Viking area will have a "twist" on it, like how Tornado Springs could fit under a western area but it stands on its own as unique. Skip to 23:17

In regards to the future of Paultons Lawrence said it will be exciting, different and shock people.

He has also not seen anyone guess what ride will be coming in 2026 yet.

Exciting times at Paultons 😊

Last edited:
Hoping for Paultons' first custom-layout coaster🤞

But I have a feeling they'll stick to what's been working for them and get an off-the-shelf design.

Speaking of the future of the park, I speculated Raging River will be moved on from the park eventually either in preparation for or after a new larger replacement log flume opens.

It seems Interlink have got a log flume up for sale with Raging River's photos and details.

It's definitely a needed move for the future of the park if Raging River is to go however I'm hoping that a bigger and better flume style ride replaces it.

Oh wow, it was expected but I thought they would get it gone after their 2026 project was complete, then this area would be for whatever they have planned next. Now I wonder if this part of the park will be part of the 2026 project, if it is already the cobra/edge area + the picnic field + the wooded area they got planning for and now this that's a massive chunk. Mabey they prefer to just get it gone as to not have a bit of "old Paulton's" before getting to there new land at the back?

I expect the digger and seal ride to be sold off to at some point.

With the mini flume now in the park I hope the big flumes replacement is a rapids, that was a rumour before we knew what splash lagoon was, maybe there getting ready for a 2027 project 😅

Oh wow, it was expected but I thought they would get it gone after their 2026 project was complete, then this area would be for whatever they have planned next. Now I wonder if this part of the park will be part of the 2026 project, if it is already the cobra/edge area + the picnic field + the wooded area they got planning for and now this that's a massive chunk. Mabey they prefer to just get it gone as to not have a bit of "old Paulton's" before getting to there new land at the back?

I expect the digger and seal ride to be sold off to at some point.

With the mini flume now in the park I hope the big flumes replacement is a rapids, that was a rumour before we knew what splash lagoon was, maybe there getting ready for a 2027 project 😅
As was I, I didn't expect it to be so soon...

I am thinking the area behind Cobra and by Raging River is where Project 2026 will be. I'm fully expecting Seal Falls and Digger Ride to end up at Funland Haying Island next year 😂

I'm hoping the replacement is a modern flume much like Biberburg at Family Park or Viking Voyage at Emerald Park although a Rapids wouldn't go amiss if it's less like a lazy river like at the Merlin Parks and gets you wet.

It'll be a smash hit if it has a drop like Mystic River Falls at Silver Dollar City.

Speaking of the future of the park, I speculated Raging River will be moved on from the park eventually either in preparation for or after a new larger replacement log flume opens.

It seems Interlink have got a log flume up for sale with Raging River's photos and details.

It's definitely a needed move for the future of the park if Raging River is to go however I'm hoping that a bigger and better flume style ride replaces it.

Would love to know how much it's going for just out of curiosity.... garden isn't big enough sadly.

So…..we were at Paultons yesterday. On the go kart track there are new blue survey markings and some marker posts. Could this mean the demise of the kart track? I can potentially see Magma fitting into a Viking land with a re-theme, and it would fit in with the planning application for the ground behind the track.

Also on the log flume, it’s closed the whole summer. I reckon seal falls is done for considering Splash Lagoon is in, there’s a rumour that Dragon Roundabout is going this year too.

The Ghostly Manor has got a big chunk fenced off for landscaping now. The first aid room is blocked off so RAP passes are being given out just in front of the GM building.

Attachments

• IMG_4816.jpeg
    IMG_4816.jpeg
    282.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4818.jpeg
    IMG_4818.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4817.jpeg
    IMG_4817.jpeg
    297.6 KB · Views: 34
So…..we were at Paultons yesterday. On the go kart track there are new blue survey markings and some marker posts. Could this mean the demise of the kart track? I can potentially see Magma fitting into a Viking land with a re-theme, and it would fit in with the planning application for the ground behind the track.

Also on the log flume, it’s closed the whole summer. I reckon seal falls is done for considering Splash Lagoon is in, there’s a rumour that Dragon Roundabout is going this year too.

The Ghostly Manor has got a big chunk fenced off for landscaping now. The first aid room is blocked off so RAP passes are being given out just in front of the GM building.
Interesting to hear rumours of even more rides going as soon as this closed season 😦😮

Go Karts, I believed was on it's way out for a very long time with the size of the land, the capacity, environmental reasons and it being a extra charge attraction.

With Dragon, I'd have thought that it could be integrated into a themed area of some sort whether that is Vikings, Lost Kingdom or something else. I always thought Dragon was a reasonably popular ride as well 🤔

Thanks @Telc2015 for the pictures, well this just gets more and more interesting.

Here is a little markup on the areas.
🔴 planning application areas
🟢 flume for sale area
🔵 go cart area
🟡 linking areas together

IMG_20240715_214520.jpg

For an idea of the size roughly.
-Tornado springs was around 15500M²
-🔴 17000M²
-🔵🟡🟢 also around 17000M²
-So all four colours 34000M²

The yellow area is just me linking all the areas together, The red area will most likely see the next new land but seeing these new developments round the go-karts and flume do make me wonder what are they planning.

Yeah that would be insane, Paultons have clearly hinted that the new ride will have an inversion, and B&M have never done a hyper with an inversion, think more of a Mack or Intamin hyper 🙂

I don't know what made me laugh more, the thought of a B&M airtime machine at Paultons, the typo of the wrong year or the typo of 1m instead of 1ft.
Who says the 1m was a typo. Paultons are using BPBs playbook and just measuring from random ****. It will be 237ft tall as measured in HALPCP (Height Above Local Pub Car Park)

Which in reality will be 1m taller than Hyperia

The year was a typo though. Didn't realise all this was about a 2026 project. Must pay more attention.

Who says the 1m was a typo. Paultons are using BPBs playbook and just measuring from random ****. It will be 237ft tall as measured in HALPCP (Height Above Local Pub Car Park)

Which in reality will be 1m taller than Hyperia

The year was a typo though. Didn't realise all this was about a 2026 project. Must pay more attention.
Draytons Intamin (Goldrush) has a 1m height requirement...

A half-size hyper or mega-lite would definitely suit the park. The area from the log flume to the southern boundary is almost exactly the length of Alpina Blitz at Nigloland (there's Storm at Etnaland too, with the inversion). Probably doesn't suit the wood + steel Viking theme, but we may well be getting something of that scale.

Thanks @Telc2015 for the pictures, well this just gets more and more interesting.

Here is a little markup on the areas.
🔴 planning application areas
🟢 flume for sale area
🔵 go cart area
🟡 linking areas together

View attachment 32626

For an idea of the size roughly.
-Tornado springs was around 15500M²
-🔴 17000M²
-🔵🟡🟢 also around 17000M²
-So all four colours 34000M²

The yellow area is just me linking all the areas together, The red area will most likely see the next new land but seeing these new developments round the go-karts and flume do make me wonder what are they planning.
Right, back from a visit to Paultons today. Here’s more from a staff member.

Go karts going. Last day Sept 4
Dragon roundabout going
Big log flume going

The area directly behind the go kart track has been cleared. Hoarding has gone across the grassy area behind Dragon roundabout and Sky Swinger. Based on this I feel Seal Falls and diggers will move or go completely.

Cobra and Magma to be re themed to fit Vikings. Both rides available next year. Nothing said about Edge. In all it looks like is going to be BIG. Not sure by your plot measurements how it compares size wise to Tornado Springs but potentially from the back bit behind the karts, potentially all the way to the log flume ground and encompassing Cobra ground.