What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Pipeline: The Surf Coaster | B&M Surf Coaster | 2023

oriolat2

Giga Poster
So there's been an animated POV out for two days now and the internet has remained dead silent. Something is amiss;
I guess it does not really make sense releasing an animated POV less than a month before this opens, even more so when testing has been going for weeks, and the park could have released a real POV.

I am sure when media day arrives, everyone and their dog will be there praising how good/[insert other positive adjective] Pipeline is. To me, it looks really bland.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I guess it does not really make sense releasing an animated POV less than a month before this opens.............. the park could have released a real POV.
Yeah, I guess I could have mentioned that as well, but I also don't really recall a POV for Mako or Manta beforehand either.

To me, it looks really bland.
This too. I'm sure it'll be fun for what it is but it doesn't really seem to have a point. It's definitely just kinda.....there.

Matt N

CF Legend
Yeah, I guess I could have mentioned that as well, but I also don't really recall a POV for Mako or Manta beforehand either.
They released one for Mako the day after it began testing:
I wonder why they haven't released one for Pipeline even though it's been testing for over a month?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

This too. I'm sure it'll be fun for what it is but it doesn't really seem to have a point. It's definitely just kinda.....there.
To me it's the first time sea world Orlando has done something actually interesting since maybe JTA. Sure the other 3 B&Ms are all good rides but they are all pretty uninspired arbeit arguably better evolutions of layouts for ride models that were tried and tested for years before they bought one.

Kraken is just a better Medusa, Manta is just a better Superman and Mako is just a better SFoG Goliath (or worse Fury perhaps 🤣).
JTA despite its current condition was genuinely new and interesting when it opened with stuff people hadn't really see before.

Pipeline sees them do something outside the box again, something adventurous and something new for a thrill ride and I like it. Plus that first element and the way it swings back over the launch is gorgeous.

Ries

Mega Poster
Looks very smooth, but also very uncomfortable while riding. Like the layout. But I don’t think I would like the standing arrangement.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Yes...and no? I don't really have an issue with the old trains but this one's definitely more open feeling. The seats not locking and having more bounce to it is definitely a new experience although when you reach the valleys of the hills the G crunch definitely pushes you all the way down, which might cost discomfort if you lock your legs. But it was amusing seeing everyone's legs/feet go flying over every hill top.