What's new

Alton Towers | Nemesis Reborn | B&M Retrack | 2024

Trooper Looper

Roller Poster
What makes you say that?
If i had to guess, its because of many reasons. Dark colours n coasters don't age well. Look at the smiler, that was a bleak and shiny black when it opened 10 years ago, now its a mix of a dull grey and rust, which doesn't look all that good IMO. The bright red and black will age horribly, look at Rita. That used to be dark red and shiny, now the colour looks very withered and dull. Its sleek colour only lasted for a few years before it deteriorated. Nemesis has the same colours the smiler and Rita had.

Secondly, the original rotten skin track is just too iconic, beloved, and intertwined of what makes Nemesis, Well, Nemesis. Sure, the young fans and thoosies will love it since its something different, but I believe it will be like the smiler; everyone loved it when it first opened, but now most Enthusiasts don't like it from how dirty it looks and how bad it runs. This new track is literally only to draw guests in and present it as a "New ride". When that dies down and the track won't be looking good, I have a feeling they'll repaint it back to its original colour for TLC purposes, and it would age loads better than the black and red track.

Melons

Roller Poster
The bright red and black will age horribly, look at Rita. That used to be dark red and shiny, now the colour looks very withered and dull. Its sleek colour only lasted for a few years before it deteriorated.
If I'm not mistaken wasn't Rita repainted to look dull and withered when they rethemed the area from Ug land to the Dark Forest?

Joelpagett

Mega Poster
If I'm not mistaken wasn't Rita repainted to look dull and withered when they rethemed the area from Ug land to the Dark Forest?

If I remember correctly, I'm sure they didn't need to do much to it. I believe they added some vines to the station and repainted that, and the trains were given an unclean look with some haphazard painting, but I'm not sure they painted the track - they just haven't cleaned it 😆

toofpikk

Mega Poster
It kind of works though, for Rita and Vampire.

They need to clean their other rides though, is a pressure wash at the start of the season genuinely not achievable?

I can’t comment for towers but each of chessingtons coaster tracks are deep cleaned across the closed season. By deep cleaned I mean someone on a cherry picker and/or strapped onto the track by a harness goes round it and sprays it with a jet wash. But I guess coaster track is a bit like driveways, if the grime has been on there for too long, it’s not coming out.

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
The talk on the previous page about the waterfalls. I honestly think their main reason for stopping it is just money.
In an environment like Nemesis, they will have been losing a lot of water/dye daily to evaporation and it soaking away. They'll have had to keep adding dye regularly at a guess.

I'd absolutely love it if the blood waterfalls came back.

Sandman

Giga Poster
The talk on the previous page about the waterfalls. I honestly think their main reason for stopping it is just money.
In an environment like Nemesis, they will have been losing a lot of water/dye daily to evaporation and it soaking away. They'll have had to keep adding dye regularly at a guess.

I'd absolutely love it if the blood waterfalls came back.

I'd actually take some blood fountains at this point. If we can't get the blood waterfall back, that is.

Along the lines of the old Trauma Towers version. But even better.

2197584625_0a3940604a_c.jpg

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Which images are you on about?

The ones of the track arriving at Alton Towers had it covered in black tarpaulin, as far as I’m aware. That would cover the veins on the side.
No, I was talking about the images they released inside the trailer, it looked as though some parts didn't have the veins. Looks like my hopes have been dashed though. :(

Edit: Just as I'd given up hope, Shawn's video shows lots and lots of track pieces with no pattern!!!

Last edited: