What's new

Energylandia | Unknown | Vekoma Tilt Coaster | 2024

pawel98123

Mega Poster
(...)They’ve started ground work on a huge area right next to Honey Harbour. But it looks like the footprint of a VERY large building rather than a ride. (Although it could be.) And it also faces onto the road between the new and original parts of the park. Does anybody have any information on this? (...)

It will be the Sweet Valley Town Hall, combination of restaurant and theatre with the possibility of organizing conferences and E.t.c

You can see it here in the upper right corner

FC2plGkXIAEEr_N.jpg:large

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
It will be the Sweet Valley Town Hall, combination of restaurant and theatre with the possibility of organizing conferences and E.t.c

You can see it here in the upper right corner

FC2plGkXIAEEr_N.jpg:large
Thanks buddy, definitely is that. :)

It's absolutely massive, I think people might be surprised by just how big it is.

dcxs

Roller Poster
That layout would also be perfect for Gröna Lund given the height restrictions that are in place (this is also a little wishful thinking ;) )

Christian

Hyper Poster
That layout would also be perfect for Gröna Lund given the height restrictions that are in place (this is also a little wishful thinking ;) )

It wont fit. The plot is about 110 m long and the Cliffhanger model is 140 m long. The Pittfall model works with the length but is too wide for the plot. Neither of these coasters would fit at Gröna Lund. Although, we could see a custom tilt coaster.

I also highly doubt Gröna Lund will use the entire plot for a coaster, considering that they have been pressing hard with dining and experiences in the planning permission. They simply make more money building a smaller coaster and multiple restaurants and shops instead of a big coaster and no restaurants and shops.

Matt N

CF Legend
I must admit that I do find it strange how for years, Energylandia seemingly built things at light speed, but we’re now seeing almost the polar opposite.

I’m remembering back to the late 2010s or so, with the time they erected and opened Zadra in what felt like a few weeks, despite a large part of it blowing over and being rebuilt during that time, being the zenith of the park’s speedy construction rate. During the latter half of the previous decade, several projects would be announced and on the go at once in Energylandia, and it never took them very long to finish any of them. The park’s construction rate was phenomenally rapid, and at that point, I know many would have predicted that the park would have built and announced umpteen other major coasters after the end of the 2010s by this point.

But within the last couple of years or so, it feels like the rate of construction has totally changed. I’m not sure if it’s COVID, as if I’m remembering correctly, Aqualantis and Abyssus opened fairly soon after the COVID lockdowns of 2020/2021, but it feels like Sweet Valley has been under construction for absolutely ages now (it must have been at least a good couple of years, surely?) with no sign of an imminent opening, as far as I can tell, and after Sweet Valley, there’s nothing else in the immediate pipeline aside from the Tilt Coaster, and even that seems to be in limbo rather than properly steaming ahead.

I know that Energylandia’s obscene rate of development was likely to mellow out eventually, as I honestly can’t think of a park that changed more quickly between 2015 and 2020 than Energylandia did, and that kind of investment rate is not sustainable in the long term, but it seems like the park has almost pivoted to the opposite extreme of stuff taking years to build and very little being announced.

I wonder what’s happened that made the tables turn so suddenly at Energylandia. Did COVID change things? Has the EU funding ended or been reduced? I’m genuinely quite interested to know, as it is strange how the park’s development rate changed so drastically, in my view.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I must admit that I do find it strange how for years, Energylandia seemingly built things at light speed, but we’re now seeing almost the polar opposite.

I’m remembering back to the late 2010s or so, with the time they erected and opened Zadra in what felt like a few weeks, despite a large part of it blowing over and being rebuilt during that time, being the zenith of the park’s speedy construction rate. During the latter half of the previous decade, several projects would be announced and on the go at once in Energylandia, and it never took them very long to finish any of them. The park’s construction rate was phenomenally rapid, and at that point, I know many would have predicted that the park would have built and announced umpteen other major coasters after the end of the 2010s by this point.

But within the last couple of years or so, it feels like the rate of construction has totally changed. I’m not sure if it’s COVID, as if I’m remembering correctly, Aqualantis and Abyssus opened fairly soon after the COVID lockdowns of 2020/2021, but it feels like Sweet Valley has been under construction for absolutely ages now (it must have been at least a good couple of years, surely?) with no sign of an imminent opening, as far as I can tell, and after Sweet Valley, there’s nothing else in the immediate pipeline aside from the Tilt Coaster, and even that seems to be in limbo rather than properly steaming ahead.

I know that Energylandia’s obscene rate of development was likely to mellow out eventually, as I honestly can’t think of a park that changed more quickly between 2015 and 2020 than Energylandia did, and that kind of investment rate is not sustainable in the long term, but it seems like the park has almost pivoted to the opposite extreme of stuff taking years to build and very little being announced.

I wonder what’s happened that made the tables turn so suddenly at Energylandia. Did COVID change things? Has the EU funding ended or been reduced? I’m genuinely quite interested to know, as it is strange how the park’s development rate changed so drastically, in my view.
You're not imagining it... Google Earth sums it up best...

This is April 2019... Zadra is not even completed after collapsing that winter. The Dragon zone around Zadra is nowehere near completion..

Aqualantis has not even started...

2019.jpg

This is 2021, 2 years and a few months later... Not only is Drazon Zone and Zadra complete, but so is Aqualantis, abyssus and light explorer... But look closely, and what really is shocking, is that the mine train is also completed. This was a round the time that me, Liam and Katie first saw it testing!!!! And yet here we are, 2 whole years later, and it's still not open.

2021.jpg

It really is shocking how much they've slowed down... And when you look at how much they got built between 2019 and 2021, it can hardly be blamed on Covid.