What's new

Hershey Park | Wildcat's Revenge | RMC Wildcat | 2023

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Also nice that they're able to mostly honor the Wildcat layout this these renderings. That has felt a critique of some (not all RMCs); there is something special when you're able to stick to the spirit of the ride layout.

Steely Dan

Mega Poster
^ off the top of my head, it seems like SV stays the most faithful to the original track-plan of all the RMC rebuilds.

Most of the others I can think have at least one significant divergence from the original ride's track-plan.

EDIT: Twisted Timbers also follows the original Hurler track-plan very faithfully as well.

Last edited:

Christian

Hyper Poster
I can't believe someone managed to top Arie Force One for the worst gen 2 zero car

View attachment 21440

Agreed! That looks hideous. The exposed front axle looks like this stupid blue fire clone train but with a cat glued on

D_LopHuUwAA-Exo.jpg:large

Pumkin

Roller Poster
Glad to see this coaster get RMC'd, makes my first visit (when i get around to it) way more exciting haha

Ries

Mega Poster
Train front kitty thing looks weird!

This was a CGI right?
I just keep wondering why CGI doesn't CGI'd their old layouts and RMC gets to do this over and over. I mean, they have had some concepts and have their Titan track. Is it costs, experience in retracking, knowledge of the customer. If they wanted to do something special, why rmc again. I don't know. Maybe I seen too many of these rmc's popping up.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Train front kitty thing looks weird!

This was a CGI right?
I just keep wondering why CGI doesn't CGI'd their old layouts and RMC gets to do this over and over. I mean, they have had some concepts and have their Titan track. Is it costs, experience in retracking, knowledge of the customer. If they wanted to do something special, why rmc again. I don't know. Maybe I seen too many of these rmc's popping up.
GCI. CGI coasters are the ones you see in movies.

Indy

Hyper Poster
It's hard to say why GCI wasn't selected. It could be a number of reasons:
  • Cost... who came in with a cheaper bid
  • Layout... who had the better layout or featured some sort of aesthetic that the park liked
  • Experience... GCI has never done a full-scale hybrid. All that is available to show their capabilities are a few short sections on a handful of rides. They also do not have any Infinity Flyers in service.
  • Customer Service... GCI has worked with Hershey. RMC hasn't. Either position can be a positive or negative depending on how well the relationship has fared over the years.
As for wanting "something special," that is relative. RMC has proven time and time again that they can make a pretty special ride. The average park goer doesn't know who RMC is so it's not going to matter to them if it's made by GCI or RMC. Therefore, picking GCI isn't going to make the ride any more "special" to the park. If anything, it's more risky due to their inexperience with this type of coaster. Nobody wants to be the first to buy something. GCI might very well have had an incredible proposal, but ultimately lost out for reasons that we'll never know. They are always going to be in a battle to prove their merits against the company that essentially made the game. Fortunately for GCI, they are making small strides with installations like Zambezi Zinger which features more Titan Track and Infinity Flyer trains.