What's new

Dollywood | Big Bear Mountain | Vekoma Family Launched Coaster | 2023

cocoa

Mega Poster
any clue what the reason for the shaping is? is it easier to install mechanical things down the middle this way or something?

Changa

Mega Poster
any clue what the reason for the shaping is? is it easier to install mechanical things down the middle this way or something?
My guess is that it meant they didn't have to redesign the trains completely to allow for launches. This trough means that they can effectively bolt magnetic fins onto the bottom of the existing design without it clashing with anything else.

Leon_K

Mega Poster
If you take a close look to the track, it actually looks inspired by their old trackstyle. But with the rail being attached to the track spine from the inside instead of the outside.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Seeing how Dollywood has basically cut down all trees around terrain rides, I wonder what's the point of having this coaster going around the gentle slopes of the area without any trees that give a sense of speed and adventure into the forest. It is going to look bare...

As for the colour scheme, I have seen more offensive examples (looking at you I305). Some parks seem to be keen on exploring new colours schemes that oddly work (Alpengeist or Shambhala come to mind), but this one is just fine without being overly inventive/striking.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Honestly, that looks like it's going to be one seriously fun family coaster!

Seems like there could be some good moments of airtime too

Lofty

CF Legend
I just can't get excited for this.

It just feels like another park is opening a family coaster. I'd get as excited for this as if a park announced they're building a family boomerang. I'm sure it'll be fun, but the marketing just feels a little odd to me? It seems to be a little more 'thrill' marketing?