What's new

Defunct coasters you wish you could've ridden

Having been to Duinrell a couple of times I've seen the station for Batflyer but never had the chance to ride (nor did anyone else), it was completed but the trains never built up enough speed to get back to the station. I suspect this would have been very similar to Pteradon Flyers at IOA which I really enjoyed so despte what most people would have found dull I'm sure I would have lhad fun!

I also have to sadly add The Ultimate to this list as well.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Other than a bunch of woodies that were around before I was born, those that come to mind are Eagle Fortress and Moonsault Scramble. Aidan and I missed riding Ring Racer by one day. We were traveling from New York to Frankfurt the day it went down and didn't hear about It. We arrived at the track to find the train sitting in the exact location where the last riders were evacuated the day before. Posted a report about it at the time, if anyone wants to search the Trips thread. :(

Matt N

CF Legend
This makes no sense?
Correct me if I’m wrong here @ECG, but I took that to mean that he was travelling specifically to ride RingRacer on the day it closed and hadn’t been alerted to the closure prior to landing in Germany.

Wow, that must be one of the most gutting spites you could ever have… travelling abroad specifically for a ride and then having it close permanently just before you land must be on a new level of gutting spite…

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
It would of been much more grammatically correct to say "We were traveling from New York to Frankfurt the day it went down and didn't hear about the closure"

Otherwise it is a hard read and makes absolutely no sense.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Yeah he lives up North give him a break :p
Ducks and runs

I kind of wish I had made it to one of the Togo looping mice coasters just for the sheet randomness of them. There is still a chance with one still running but is in the arse end of nowhere.
I'd also love to have made it to a Togo Bobster coaster just to experience their version of a Jumbo Jet/Jet Star style ride. But once again the only operating one is in the other end of the arse end of nowhere.

Maybe what i need to do is a rural Japan trip at some point in the next couple of years before both models vanish for good.

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
Stop being a dick!
He called me out for my grammar, so you know. But seriously i did find his comment hard to read.

Anyway on topic- i think for me i would of wanted to experience Eagles Fortress. The ride seemed to haul through that layout at a unhealthy pace which looked just as fun as it looked chaotic. I am sure that would of made the other suspended swingers seem boring as hell.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
This makes no sense?
Seems to make sense to everyone who replied other than yourself, as well as the members who reported your post for being petty.

He called me out for my grammar, so you know. But seriously i did find his comment hard to read.

Anyway on topic- i think for me i would of wanted to experience Eagles Fortress. The ride seemed to haul through that layout at a unhealthy pace which looked just as fun as it looked chaotic. I am sure that would of made the other suspended swingers seem boring as hell.
No run-on sentences and my I's are capitalized. Sorry you had difficulty.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
It's gonna have to be Son of Beast... I know it had it's issues... But it was 'Son of Beast!' a coaster that had become legend, even to young, none thoosies (or thoosies that didn't know they were thoosies) here in the UK.

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
Seems to make sense to everyone who replied other than yourself, as well as the members who reported your post for being petty.

No run-on sentences and my I's are capitalized. Sorry you had difficulty.
"Also grammar - not your strong point and the lack thereof makes for difficult reading." ECG- 2022
Your comment luckily was edited so now indeed makes sense, but at the time did not. This feels incredibly hyprocritcial to chastise someones mistakes when you yourself make mistakes. Honestly I do not know what to think anymore when an admin decides to make a dig mid thread rather than message and be constructive- it is incredibly humiliating. That is just my opinion anyway, I was making a comment on how Kennywood were doing great work before I got a throwaway comment. Just wanted to speak my mind a little in this thread. If you feel the need to report guys, please do. Thanks for the capitalized I's comment, I wouldn't of been so hostile if you dropped that as some feedback via a DM ;):) noted.

But yeah back onto the thread. I would of lowkey too liked to ride some defunct bad woodies- just the once, for the sheer LOL's. Maybe with a group of friends to share the agony- kind of like watching Sharknado after a bottle vodka.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
"Also grammar - not your strong point and the lack thereof makes for difficult reading." ECG- 2022
Your comment luckily was edited so now indeed makes sense, but at the time did not. This feels incredibly hyprocritcial to chastise someones mistakes when you yourself make mistakes. Honestly I do not know what to think anymore when an admin decides to make a dig mid thread rather than message and be constructive- it is incredibly humiliating. That is just my opinion anyway, I was making a comment on how Kennywood were doing great work before I got a throwaway comment. Just wanted to speak my mind a little in this thread. If you feel the need to report guys, please do. Thanks for the capitalized I's comment, I wouldn't of been so hostile if you dropped that as some feedback via a DM ;):) noted.

But yeah back onto the thread. I would of lowkey too liked to ride some defunct bad woodies- just the once, for the sheer LOL's. Maybe with a group of friends to share the agony- kind of like watching Sharknado after a bottle vodka.
Come on now, drop it, this is going on way too long and is getting very toxic... :(

His original comment was definitely on the sharp side, and a little uncalled for, but you're blowing it way out of proportion now.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
...Your comment luckily was edited so now indeed makes sense, but at the time did not...
Anyone who posted or read the thread after your post and before mine knows that's not true. And I definitely make mistakes. Now please cut it out or DM me if you have anything further to say (as I asked you to do in the Kennywood thread).

rob666

Hyper Poster
Texas Tornado at Morecambe UK
One of my first ever ride all day wristbands, spent a couple of hours on it on a quiet weekend as a kid.
Classic out and back family woodie through the trees behind the park, was made from the wood of a coaster at the Paris Great Exhibition.
They sailed the stuff straight down the Seine and round the coastline to Morecambe.
One of two north west Cyclones I have seen fade away.
Watched it slowly get ripped apart from the retail park it was next to...wandered the site a few years ago and collected a couple of rusty souvenirs.
Heady times.

Jarret Stroud

Roller Poster
Hello everyone, what are some rides that are now defunct you wish you could have ridden for any reason before it became defunct?
Basically all coasters that ever operated at Astroworld
Vortex (Kings Island)
GASM/Shockwave (Arrow Mega Loopers)
Double Loop
Son of Beast
Dragon Challenge
Villain
Blue Streak
Drachen Fire
Hypersonic XLC