What's new

Universal Studios Hollywood | Unknown | Fast & Furious Coaster | 2024

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Didn’t the park have some noise restriction that prevented them from building outdoor coasters?

Regardless I’m really excited for this one, as it will add some kinetic energy to the Hollywood park.

cookie

Giga Poster
The hell is with that back spike? I assume the art was for internal purposes only, but that's still some serious jank.

If they're gutting both Special Effects and Animal Actors, that leaves WaterWorld as the park's only permanent show set. Wonder how they intend to rectify that.

Lofty

CF Legend
The hell is with that back spike? I assume the art was for internal purposes only, but that's still some serious jank.

If they're gutting both Special Effects and Animal Actors, that leaves WaterWorld as the park's only permanent show set. Wonder how they intend to rectify that.
I'd say that whilst yes, it is just concept, the track renders in the rest of the graphic are so refined that the backwards spike is 100% intentionally placed in such a way.

Sjnoebel

Roller Poster
As this is an early concept, it might also be possible that they choose for a Mack extreme spinner (Epic Universe also receives several Mack coasters, also rumoured extreme spinner) or even Vekoma (more unlikely in my opinion)

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
There's a rumor that both the Special Effects and Animal Actors shows will hold their last performances on January 8, which if true means that the coaster project is moving quickly;
The same account also claimed in an unrelated post that Revenge of the Mummy West will be demolished sometime next year. Not sure if this warrants a new thread topic as it wouldn't be related to the Fast & Furious project, and there's no evidence to back this up, but this account has provided good intel in the past so worth keeping an eye on.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
There's a rumor that both the Special Effects and Animal Actors shows will hold their last performances on January 8, which if true means that the coaster project is moving quickly;
The same account also claimed in an unrelated post that Revenge of the Mummy West will be demolished sometime next year. Not sure if this warrants a new thread topic as it wouldn't be related to the Fast & Furious project, and there's no evidence to back this up, but this account has provided good intel in the past so worth keeping an eye on.
Same account has stated Mummy was meant to be out in 2020 pre-COVID, and one other fact:
Screenshot 2022-10-19 at 15-10-45 Universal Core on Twitter.png
If this is true and they're not going to use an underground tunnel to connect SNW and DK, we might be losing Transformers as well.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
So it's now officially been confirmed; Special Effects, Animal Actors, and the Production Central store will all close on January 8 to make way for a “future attraction”.

Markers are also being sighted popping up around the show buildings and under the escalators, and work is continuing underneath the escalator. Could be something, could be nothing.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster