What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Not really been following this but could it be something similar to some of the eurofighters where 2 trains are loaded at once. The 1st one heads right up the launch whole the 2nd one waits for the 1st one to clear the next block in this case waiting in a small show room.

this would help keep capacity up whole lowering the dispatch times.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Not really been following this but could it be something similar to some of the eurofighters where 2 trains are loaded at once. The 1st one heads right up the launch whole the 2nd one waits for the 1st one to clear the next block in this case waiting in a small show room.

this would help keep capacity up whole lowering the dispatch times.
What did I say just 3 posts before yours roomie; I see you really haven't been following it. 😂

So if I'm looking at this right the station will have a separate load and unload platform that hold one train each, similar to Blue Fire? Either that or it will load and unload two trains at once and dispatch them together like some Intamins and Gerstlauers. I'm going for the first option due to the effect track room.

Ethan

Strata Poster
or maybe its some thing like winjas last effect where it falls and rise up again
I don't know if they'd bother tbh. You barely notice that bounce on Winja's, and I wouldn't say it's particularly exciting. I honestly think the "effect track" is just a flashy pre-show to allow the train ahead to clear the block, at least I think that's more likely than an actual trick track element.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Some new site pictures from EPFriends.de.
Walls for the exit shop and in the background the lockers area have gone vertical.
IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

On Coasterfriends.de the user that found the 'effect track' on the plans and proposed the drop track theory has pointed out you can clearly see this mystery space (red) and the gas storage (yellow) beside. Of note are the multiple support foundations here which suggests whatever will be here has to carry quite some load.
IMG_1128.jpg

Like Ethan I'm also quite dubious about some trick track (how necessary is it, overly complicating an already complicated high tech ride & risk of holding up the high throughput demands) but there clearly is something different compared to the simple dark ride part of Blue Fire happening here.

emoo

Hyper Poster
I assume that was a light hearted comment, but we can all be glad of the innovation we actually got from 13. I'd like to think Mack has some sense and consideration to what makes a good ride and not rely on a daft gimmick.

Christian

Hyper Poster
Might it be a drop track? A drop sequence doesn't need to take more than 30 seconds. Still allowing for insane capacity.

Rupert

Mega Poster
I guess it will become clearer when we know what level the station is at - or do we already know that it’s on the first floor etc? It looks like there isn’t space between the footers for the track to drop between the supports if you know what I mean. Didn’t Thirteen also have quite a big pit beneath the drop track? I can’t quite remember.

I also wonder if you could have the reverse of a drop track, like an upwards launch. Then the sizeable area for the gas tanks could be pneumatics for suddenly pushing the track upwards, or even tilting the track. It’s probably unlikely given the weight of track and cars to push, but not impossible.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Might it be a drop track? A drop sequence doesn't need to take more than 30 seconds. Still allowing for insane capacity.
They would need two of those. Hagrid's proved that in order to run a coaster that features a drop track and still achieve an insane capacity, you need two to allow for one side to reset while the other is accepting the next train. We haven't seen this on the plans.

Christian

Hyper Poster
They would need two of those. Hagrid's proved that in order to run a coaster that features a drop track and still achieve an insane capacity, you need two to allow for one side to reset while the other is accepting the next train. We haven't seen this on the plans.

Maybe those big gas tanks are there to quickly reset a drop track? Seems weird for a coaster to have big gas tanks if it isn't air launched. Or maybe it has some big fire effects that needs gas storage?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Just coming back to the cylinders - "stickstofflager" translates to "nitrogen storage", rather than "air storage". The cylinders in that room look relatively small (in comparison to typical compressed air accumulators/buffer tanks), and (without studying the plans) I don't see where the actual air compressors are.

Nitrogen storage, in small cylinders like that, with an immediate access door to the outside, right next to a "backstage/technical" room, look suspiciously like an inert gas fire suppression system to me. Perhaps something for all of the electrical rooms that are bound to be in this building?
fire-suppression-systems-500x500.jpg

Don't know enough to be certain, but just positing the idea.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Best guesses for the opening date? I’m hoping to visit in August next year.

Edit: oh, late 2023 according to the posts already in the thread. Meh.