What's new

Worlds of Fun | Zambezi Zinger | GCI (partial) Titan Track | 2023

TyStyle

Roller Poster
I've been keeping an eye on it for the past few weeks just in case, but trademarks can take up to a year to get approved and don't generally show up in the database for several months after they're submitted. Rides are generally announced long before TESS tips anything off...
Gotcha, I didn't know that

Sorry for the double post but I’ve height requirement is gonna be 42 and will include 2-3 inversions. From the dip n dots guy btw lol
Interesting

jonnyu

Roller Poster
My initial thought that Safari Tours was the name or a part of the name, because they wouldn't capitalize it like that if it weren't. Another thought I had was that "Safari Tours" could just be a part of the theming/story of the ride like how the Miami River Lumber Company is a part of Mystic Timbers.

webuiltplopcity

Roller Poster
My initial thought that Safari Tours was the name or a part of the name, because they wouldn't capitalize it like that if it weren't. Another thought I had was that "Safari Tours" could just be a part of the theming/story of the ride like how the Miami River Lumber Company is a part of Mystic Timbers.
Surely it's just part of the theme as you said.

Sticky_T_Wicky

Roller Poster

Had a post typed up last night but ended up deleting stating Safari Tours was going to be like Miami River Lumber Company, Area 72 or Outpost 5 or probably most similarly, Jungle X-Pedition at Kings Dominion.

While it still isn't Disney level theming, Cedar Fair seems to have stepped up its theming on some recent rides:

Orion - Area 72
Mystic Timbers - Miami River Lumber Company
Tumbili - Jungle X-Pedition
Copperhead Strike - Carowinds

Tpippin23

Roller Poster
Here’s a little nugget of research I did through google search. This part following is copy and pasted from the Chicago Tribune:

The Zambezi Express is the steam train that runs from the Victoria Falls - on the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe - to Bulawayo and down to South Africa.

Back to my investigation… A sticker on the roughed up suitcase showed Victoria Falls.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Sorry for the double post but I’ve height requirement is gonna be 42 and will include 2-3 inversions. From the dip n dots guy btw lol
lol I think the Dippin' Dots guy might be messing with you. There isn't a coaster in the country with inversions and a 42" height requirement. Designers are specifically advised to reduce forces when accommodating riders below 48". Maybe the Mini Melts guy will have better intel.

wdcoats_25

Roller Poster
I have a thought that I want your guys opinion on. Do you think WOF could capitalize on two back to back extreme thrilling coasters and kind of market the park as the thrill capital of the region. SDC clearly markets towards families and tourists, Adventureland's announcement today was a family attraction, and SFSTL doesn't seem interested in expanding at all. I really think that could be a market WOF eats up in the region and maybe Cedar fair sees that as a way to differentiate itself amongst to ever growing competition in the area. Especially if the rumors are true of project 50 being a Titan track extreme woody and then project 2.0 being a multilooper ode to orient express

TyStyle

Roller Poster
Here’s a little nugget of research I did through google search. This part following is copy and pasted from the Chicago Tribune:

The Zambezi Express is the steam train that runs from the Victoria Falls - on the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe - to Bulawayo and down to South Africa.

Back to my investigation… A sticker on the roughed up suitcase showed Victoria Falls.
That's very cool. I would not hate that.

MurphNation

Mega Poster
lol I think the Dippin' Dots guy might be messing with you. There isn't a coaster in the country with inversions and a 42" height requirement. Designers are specifically advised to reduce forces when accommodating riders below 48". Maybe the Mini Melts guy will have better intel.
That’s what I was thinking but apparently I’m not sure if this is 100% True but the infinity models can go as low as 40 inches with no inversions and 42 with. So I think I might have misread it wrong, and it is most likely 48.

Jacota_

Roller Poster
2 other good spots for roller coasters would be where the walkway from Detonator to Mamba off to the right hand side. The theatre can go bye bye. The other area that needs some love is the European part of the park. That would be a great spot for a premier rides launch coaster like Tempesto/Tigris since there isn’t a lot of space to use. Only if I owned the park…
Let’s be real, premier rides are the masters of making the most of small spaces. Full Throttle was my favorite coaster at SFMM and it’s less than half the size of some their big coasters.

MurphNation

Mega Poster
Let’s be real, premier rides are the masters of making the most of small spaces. Full Throttle was my favorite coaster at SFMM and it’s less than half the size of some their big coasters.
They could also use the Bloodshed haunted house for a queue

TyStyle

Roller Poster
Does anyone know by chance what color the titan track could be for the coaster? And even if it could be a different color besides like grayish blackish (steel)
Dark brownish green, or kind of brown with green "moss," like what would fit in a forest theme? I'd make it like that on Roller Coaster Tycoon. Or would that just literally look like sh*t stain 🤣

Thrillseekrr

Roller Poster
Does anyone know by chance what color the titan track could be for the coaster? And even if it could be a different color besides like grayish blackish (steel)
I figured if it's in fact a titan tracked coaster, it would stay silver, but I think a dark green track would also look pretty dope.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Demon at SFGAm has 4 inversions and a minimum rider height of 42".

I'm sure there are others.
I knew that would come back to bite me.😆

Nevertheless, I’d be surprised if a modern coaster was built with a height limit below 48”. [Might as well set myself up again.]

EDIT: yeah, there’s more. I goofed, but I’m still stunned for a variety of reasons.

Last edited:

MurphNation

Mega Poster
honestly tbh I hope everyone knows that August 12th after the WOF Coaster Announcement I'll be starting to speculate for Project 2.0, lol 😂

TyStyle

Roller Poster
Do you think they will show the layout at the announcement, similar to Dollywood's reveal? Just curious since someone was reporting issues with the permits and maybe they have to change some planning around the creek.